The Greatest Love Of All.

This One's A Cheap Shot.

I needed a moment to repeat to myself what I just heard.
Maybe I didn’t hear at all and I misunderstood the question. Kennedy wasn’t asking me out.
That wasn’t even possible. Why would he?

I felt too much at the centre of attention. Both Kenny and Elliott were staring at me and waited for an answer, especially the first one. I wanted the time to stop for a minute. I needed time to think. I gave my word to Eric already I would have been going out with him. I couldn’t be such a bitch to him.
But I kinda liked Kenny too. For what it was worth, I was just unsure on what to do because I didn’t want to hurt anybody. I got that Eric liked me and probably wanted more than just a friendship, but he was funny and nice to me, that’s why I decided to go out. And Kenny was just even nicer, and let’s definitely say, he was a really good looking guy. So why was I that confused?

“I should be worried if you take too long to answer…”

“No! No, definitely not! I just didn’t expect it!”

“Well, so…? Do…Do you want to go out or…”

He was extremely cute while he was trying to avoid my eyes, scratching his head, because he seemed shy. I couldn’t say no to that cuteness; besides, I wanted to spend some hours with him. At Warped he was the only thing that really made me stay more than just one hour.

“Yes, it’s ok! Are you going to stay here for tonight or are you going to leave soon today?”

“Well we have no rush in leaving, so I guess we can stay until tomorrow”

“Then how about we meet here tonight at 10pm?”

I felt weird. I never took the initiative for anything before. But it was a nice feeling.

“Perfect! It’s awesome! See you tonight then, bye!”

He got back into the auditorium and I just stood there thinking of what I just did. I gained a date with a nice guy, who was from a famous band, without even doing anything. Just being myself. I turned to Elliott who was smiling at me like she knew it all.

“What was that?”

“What are you talking about?”

“That…confidence! You just settled everything and he was there, hanging on your every word!”

“I just told him where and when to meet, no big deal”

“Don’t be so modest! He clearly likes you! And boys like girls who make the first move!”

“I won’t make any move. I don’t even know where to start, I’ve never been on a date before”

She stopped in the middle of the street. That happened every time I told her something she found impossible. She made me feel even weirder.

“I don’t really believe you”

“You should. I’ve never been on a proper date. Like…cinema, or restaurant…that stuff”

“Thank God you met me”

“And then I am the modest one uh?!”

She laughed and we got back to our room. While in the shower, I wondered about what I was doing. And how come two nice boys were so interested in going out with me. I wasn’t so special. Elliott, for example, was a blast. She was really funny and particular in her own way. I was…boring. I found myself boring, most of the times. And Elliott didn’t even help me when she looked at me like I was an alien.
Elliott helped me again in choosing the clothes to wear: skirt and a tank top. I liked girly but comfy clothes.

“What are you going to do if he tries and kisses you?”

She understood she got me in a tight spot, because at the word ‘kiss’ everything I had in my hands fell on the floor. I cleared my throat and tried to change topic but she didn’t give me other choice.

“I barely know him. That’s not what I had in mind”

“Why? Cause you like his band mate?”

“No! Because I gave my word to Eric also”

“Screw Halvo! Kennedy is way much hotter! And you have the chance, so go for it!”

“Elliott, I don’t want to give the wrong impression to anyone”

“Oh, COME ON! What did I tell you? Just live your life and have FUN! This is college! This means to be FUNNY! You should be excited to go out with a good looking guy, but instead what do you do? Complain on how people could see you if you go out with two guys at the same time! Who cares! We’re not in high school Annie! There’s no reputation! If they wanna talk, let them talk! Don’t let their words get into your way and plans! Your parents did a big part in that for the past years but I’m not going to let you be that boring and weird for the rest of your days. Just…be that confident Annie I saw a couple of hours ago!”

She was right, and her words made me wonder even more. I was 21 and I never had proper fun in my life. At the couple of parties I was invited to I just used to hide in a corner waiting for Madison to get home. I never was the funny one. And probably that’s why I never had a lot of friends. They found me boring.
I didn’t want to get Kennedy bored that night. I always thought I had to be myself: I am a nice girl, I know it. My parents always loved me and gave me good values. But now that I was on the other side, I got it.
I needed to change. Or college would have become another sort of cage and not some place where to have a real experience of life.

“I…guess you’re right after all”

“Of course! And now, go get your boy. It’s almost time”

I thanked her and reached the entrance of the auditorium where me and Kennedy supposed to meet. I was nervous, I wanted that night to be nice. I wanted Kennedy to have good memories of me.
I saw him waiting, with his hands in his jeans’ pockets. He was dressed with jeans and a plain white t-shirt. As soon as I approached he smiled wide at me. The guy had a killing one. And his eyes were honest.
I knew I could trust him.

“You anticipated me”

“I didn’t want to make you wait…besides, the tour bus is around the corner”

“So, what do you want to do? Cinema or off to a pub? There’s not too much around here but I know a nice place where to eat, if you are hungry”

“I am indeed!”

We started walking and talking about everything. He told me about his life with the band and before that, the issues with his family and the fact he changed his name. Then, he asked about me, and I tried to be interesting. We ate a pizza while still talking. There was no awkward moment, I felt comfortable. The guy was a 10. He had everything: good looks, niceness, funniness. Everything a girl could ask.
Everything I asked for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here It Is!
Sorry if I make you wait too much with this fiction. It's taking a different direction NOW but I promise it will get better! As for now Kennedy is the main guy but believe me, John will return to be asap! I thought of this for a Johno fiction so...
Anyway I hope you read my other fiction, Baby Just Breathe. And now I'm about to start another one, It will be on soon. So stay tuned!
Comments would be amazing!!

Thanks for sticking up with this story, I know I'm taking it slowly :(

xxxxxxx