Status: Active?

Halloween Head

11

“So, I’m thinking about doing a show Madison Square, you know like a final show for a while.” My dad said as we sat at the dining room table.

“Oh?” I questioned wanting to hear more. “When?” he ran his hand over his face and placed his elbows in front of him on the table as Mandy walked through the front door. It had been a week since I had officially gotten together with Garrett and everything was perfect in our life. I had gotten used to Mandy being around the house, she would cook and do laundry and all of that motherly stuff, or what television advertised as motherly things.

“Um, well, you get out of school in two days for the holidays, the show is scheduled for next Friday. I figured we could fly up on Wednesdays.” I smiled thinking about being back in New York, seeing my dad play live again after so long. “I mean, with my ears and all, this could possibly be my last show plus Cardinology in the making I’ll be stuck for a while. You know?”

I nodded and my mind automatically traveled out the window to the boys and how much they would love to see my dad play. “The guys have to come.” I stated focusing my attention on my dad.

“Oh, of course.” He nodded.

“I have to go tell Garrett!” I smiled running around the table to give him a kiss on the cheek before grabbing my bag and running out the door. Today was Wednesday and in a weeks time I would be back in New York, with my dad and Garrett and all my friends and to add to all of it, Christmas in New York is beautiful.

I ran straight from my car up to Garrett’s room where he sat in front of his macbook. “You’re coming to New York with me!” I yelled causing him to jump a little before standing up he looked a little confused and didn’t say anything. “With me, and my dad, and all the guys and my dad’s playing Madison Square Garden.” His face instantly lit up and he ran across the room pulling me to him and swinging me around in the air.

After the excitement wore off I laid on my stomach in front of Garrett’s computer. He had gone down stairs to get a coke and I decided to stay the night. I propped myself up on my elbows and clicked on the Internet I didn’t really have anything to do so I closed it and opened iTunes and clicked shuffle.

He walked back in pushing the door closed behind him and set his soda on the bedside table he climbed on the bed next to me. I set his Macbook on the floor and grabbed his Zombie survival guide from the bedside table and opened up. All while his eyes where locked on me. He moved over climbing on top of me propping his weight on his elbows and resting his cheek next to mine. He took my hands and closed the book tossing it on the floor as well.

He kept his hands over mine and started kissing my cheek until I turned my head for him to kiss my lips. I smiled into the kiss causing him to smile also. I pulled away for a second and looked at his computer screen where the time read 12:00 am.

“Shit Garrett, we have to go to bed.” I said jumping up off the bed him in tow. I grabbed some of his flannel pants and went to the bathroom to change. When I got back Garrett was already asleep on his bed. I pulled the covers back and climbed in on the side by the wall.

When I woke up the next morning Garrett was already at his computer and dressed. “Morning” I smiled stretching and looking at the clock that read 10:30. “Woah we’re late.” I said hopping out of bed and over to his closet.

“It’s fine, it’s raining really hard, on the news today they said school was cancelled, and then on the website they said we get to start our vacation early. It’s really odd but, hey, I’m not complaining.” He said closing the computer and standing up. I sat back on his bed and grabbed my phone from the table dialing my dads number.

“Hello?” It wasn’t my dad who answered but instead Mandy.

“Hey, can you tell my dad I’m with Garrett and to look at the school website before he flips at me for skipping.” I spoke as Garrett laid next to me laying one arm over my stomach and putting his face next to mine, kissing my cheek.

“Yeah, I’ll tell him when he gets out of the shower.” She replied. With that, I hung up and turned to face Garrett.

“So, what shall we do on this rainy day?” I asked as a smile formed on his face.

“I wanna go play in it, it never rains here.” He said back.

“But it’s cold outside.” I complained as he got up and grabbed a coat and threw it at me.

“Come on.” I groaned and pulled on a pair of jeans once he left the room along with my boots and the rather large coat over a hoodie before running down stairs after him. He opened the front door and the cold air rushed in I stood behind him trying to hide from the cold with my hands on his shoulders and my head ducked under my hood. He ran outside and stood in the yard. I ran after him stopping in front of him and the cold now surrounded my body. My body began to shake and the cold droplets of water on my skin didn’t help the fact that my lips trembled.

He smiled down at me and I frowned. Garrett’s arms wrapped around me and his mouth found mine. I curled into his body and tried to keep warm. “You’re crazy.” I whispered looking down on the empty street. He smiled and laughed a little kissing me again.

“You love it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just settin up the next chapters. you know,

anyways. who else is stoked for July 4th? Im so hanging with my friends all weekend at the parking garage.