Status: Active?

Halloween Head

20

I put my hand in his and just as he pulled me inside I realized just how much I didn’t want to be there. He didn’t bother knocking, I’m pretty sure not one person did. I ran my free hand along the fabric of the dress he choose for me and ran it threw my perfectly curled hair. I looked around the room and regretted ever answering his call that morning. I wasn’t the big party girl anymore. I wasn’t even remotely close to what I had been when I first came to Arizona.

I had changed.

I was lead to the kitchen, throwing fake smiles at everyone I passed and was handed a coke with a kiss on the cheek. “Will you try to have fun?” He asked looking at me while drinking from his all to generic solo cup.

“Of course I will.” I smiled grabbing his cup and taking a sip shock washing over his features.

Garrett and I had split and my world tumbled down. I laid in bed for most of my holiday with the daily and nightly visits from Joel and after that I rarely left the house. I didn’t drink, I didn’t party. I didn’t really do anything. I avoided any of the boys in The Maine.

“You’re…You’re drinking.” He stated still in a shocked state.

“It’s new years eve babe. I couldn’t be locked up forever you know.” I laughed filling his cup again.

I was wasted in no time, stumbling around the house in search of Joel. I pulled open the cabinet in the kitchen and smiled at the fresh bottle of Captain Morgan and twisted the cap allowing it to meet my lips. The kitchen was pretty much empty due to the hour until midnight. I lifted my head and looked to the table where Garrett sat with Rachel, there hands interlocked right along with their eyes.

I couldn’t stand the way he looked at her. I couldn’t stand that he didn’t look at me that way. I hated it. I needed something that would make forget what I saw and make me feel nothing. I took the Captain Morgan up the stairs and in to the bathroom.

The door was slammed and locked, and the knocking began almost immediately. Joel was calling my name from the other side and shaking the handle, he knew what I was capable of.

A week after Garrett and I broke up I went over the edge.

“Amberlyn Adams, you open this door right now.” He shouted banging on the door. I fell to the floor successfully hitting my head on the edge of the clean white bathtub. I laughed a little to my self, drinking some more of the bottle and touched the back of my hand before pulling it away covered in blood.

I finished off the bottle and hitting it against my head causing the this glass to break and my body to hit the floor hard.

The last thing I remember was the door handle breaking off and someone yelling for help.
♠ ♠ ♠
...comment.
I don't like this, but the next chapter will be better.