Status: Active?

Halloween Head

21

I couldn’t open my eyes, but I could tell the light was flashing on and off. I heard beeping and my dad’s voice mixed with a light snoring. My whole body felt heavy and my head hurt, like a bitch, for lack of a better word. My through was dry and I knew my lips where cracked and possibly bleeding.

“Sir, you can’t turn the light off.” A female voice rang in my ears. The light came on.

“She can’t sleep with the light on.” My dad protested. The light went off.

“She’s not sleeping sir, she’s in a coma.” My eyes shot open and the light came on slightly burning.

“I don’t like sleeping with the light on.” I agreed with my dad proving I was not in a coma and that the nurse was wrong despite the pain that shot through my body from talking.

“HA!” my dad shouted triumphantly pushing the light switch down. Only for it to be turned back on quickly and him run to my bedside planting kisses on my face.

“Where is Joel daddy?” I asked looking around the room to see if he was there but I simply saw balloons, flowers, cards, and teddy bears, along with Mandy waking up in the corner.

“He went for coffee. I’m so glad to have you awake, what can I get for you?”

“Water please.” I said causing him to nod, grab Mandy’s hand and run from the room just as Joel walked in, coffee in hand. He smiled at the sight and made his way to the chair by my bedside.

“Good morning, sleepyhead.” He smiled despite the fact that it was nighttime.

“What happened Joel?” I asked confused as to what was going on.

“We were at the new years party, and you drank, you locked yourself in the bathroom and hit your head on the bathtub, broke a bottle of Captain Morgan on your head, and passed out, it’s been 5 days babe, haven’t woken up since.”

“5 days?” I asked shocked, tears slightly forming in my eyes.

“The doctor said we called just in time, if the phone call would have gone in to 911 five minutes later, you wouldn’t have been breathing.”

“You saved my life.” I whispered putting my other hand on his cheek, the one that wasn’t pinned down with an i.v.

He smiled and kissing my wrist before taking my hand in his.

I turned my attention from him to the gifts around the room. One out off all of them caught my attention. A single paper taped to the wall across from my bed, it was white with sharpie writing, a picture of a ghost, and a bigger one of a zombie, words sprawled across the bottom and a vase of red roses on the table beneath it.

“Amber, we need to talk.” Joel sighed grabbing hold of my hand. I gave him a questioning look. “About Garrett.” I nodded and glanced back at the note I was dying to read. “He’s a mess with out you, and its obvious that you need him and he needs you.” I felt tears stinging my eyes thinking back to his face and all the smiles we shared. “I want you happy, and you’ll be happy with him.”

I whispered a “thank you” as he kissed my forehead handing me the note and left the room.

“I need you so much closer” Was all that was scribbled on the bottom of the page, and by the time I had read it softly to myself the door had swung open.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been forever!

iamsarabeth.tumblr.com

FEEDBACK PLZ!
who do you think is at the door?