Status: Active?

Halloween Head

4

Friday had come and school went by super fast that day. I had decided against inviting Garrett to my party, instead I just invited the guys and told them to bring some people, minus Garrett. For the rest of the week Garrett had completely ignored me and spent most of his time with Rachel.

As soon as the last bell rang I made a mad dash for my car and sped all the way home. I ran inside and threw my bag on the kitchen table and called out for my dad.

“I’m out here!” he yelled from the back yard. I walked out throwing my long brown hair up into a bun and looked around. Every thing was pretty much set up the lights, the drinks the pool was clean and towels were thrown over the chairs surrounding the pool. I spotted my dad standing by the record player that sat in the small room on the patio. He put a Neil Young record on the turntable and sat the needle at the beginning. “What’s up?” He asked turning to me and wiping his hands togeather.

“Not much. I’m excited for tonight.” He smiled and began to walk inside.

“Good, I spent all day setting up, and I didn’t put any alcohol out, but, You know where it is, and I’ll turn my head.” He laughed. “Anyways. I’m going to a show with Jordan so I’m going to head over, the show is a few hours away so I probably will stay until tomorrow night, do you have your credit card?”

“Yep, I’ve got it, and my phone and everything. Have fun.” I smiled hugging him.

“Hey, you to, be careful, call if you need anything, I’ll see you later.”

“Kay, love you.” I waved.

“Love you to.” He waved back before walking to the next house lot.

I closed and locked the door and grabbed my phone telling the guys I’d be in the shower and that the spare key was taped under the mailbox. I got ready quickly I showered, blow dried my hair and did a little bit of make up in 20 minutes flat. I slipped on a pair of denim shorts over my swimsuit bottoms and pulled on an old Bruce Springsteen shirt before yanking my boots back on my feet. I looked in the mirror satisfied and made my way down the stairs only to be tackled to the ground by Pat.

“Hi Ambey!” He shouted hugging me as he crushed me under him.

“Hello Pat.” I laughed as he began to stand up. I looked around the living room and spotted a few familiar face and a few I didn’t know at all. John threw his arm around my shoulder and walked me to the living room.

“That’s Joel, and that’s, Halvo.” He said pointing to the two boys on the couch. “Everyone else is coming when the party actually starts.

“Hi, I’m Amberlyn.” I smiled shaking the guys hands.

“Where is all the alcohol?” Jared asked walking to the room from the kitchen

“Above the fridge in the cabinet.” I replied sitting down next to Pat.

Once the party actually got in full motion it was unstoppable. Kids were everywhere, and the music blared through the speakers. I stumbled into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Captain Morgan and made my way through the crowds again hoping to find a familiar face I raised the bottle to my lips and let the liquid fall into my mouth before tripping over my feet as I walked through the French doors leading into the back yard but luckily before I hit the ground a pair of arms wrapped around my middle holding up my flimsy frame.

I looked up into the eyes of who had just saved me from a fall and mine met with Joel’s. “Are you alright?” He asked steadying me.

“Yeah I’m fine, just a little tipsy.” I giggled to him causing him for smile. He locked his hand with mine and moved us from in front of the door.

“You’re really pretty.” He said above the music causing me to blush a little under the lights set up in the yard. I smiled up to him as he smiled back down at me. His face lowered to mine and he placed his lips on top of mine. His arms wrapped around my back and my free arm around his neck playing with the hair that fell at the end of this neck. He pulled away from me and kept our foreheads connected.

“I think I like you already.” I smiled. He nodded

“Me to.” He whispered. “Lets go to the front.” I nodded and grabbed his hand as he went first and lead me through the party. Once we got tot eh kitchen area, the door opened and Rachel walked in first followed by Garrett. I immediately acted like I didn’t see him and once he looked my way and I felt his eyes on me I tugged on Joel’s hand causing him to turn around. I bit my lips and wrapped my arm around his waist and he slung his arm over my shoulders pulling me into him. I pulled at the collar of his shirt and he laughed and lowered his face down to mine again.

I glanced over to where Garrett stood his eyes where daggers burning hole through our bodies. His arms crossed over his chest and the party seemed to move around his solid body. He shook his head at me before turning and walking towards the back. Joel began pulling me towards the kitchen and I gladly followed.

He grabbed a cup of something someone had mixed and held it in front of me signaling for me to pour some rum in it. “Did you know Garrett was here?” Kenny said upon entrance of the kitchen. I nodded and shrugged satisfied with the previous actions. I sat the bottle down on the cabinet not wanting to get anymore in my system. “Y’all wanna go swimming?” He asked looking between Joel and I. I looked up at Joel who nodded and I agreed.

Kenney and Joel pulled their shirts off and ran to jump in the pool while I slowly took off my clothes and stood by the edge not sure if I should get in or not.

“Come on Ambey!” Kenny shouted waving me to get in the pool as Joel grabbed his cup from the side of the pool and held his arms above the water walking back towards Kenney.

“Yeah, come on Babe. Get in.” He yelled just as Rachel and Garrett walked down the stairs of the pool. “John, Get Amberlyn in the pool!” He shouted and before I could protest John had picked me up and jumped in with me in his arms. I let out a squeal until I hit the water.

“Fuck you.” I grumbled to John as he smiled and patted my shoulder kissing my cheek and swimming off to Garrett.

I felt an arm wrap around me and a body press against mine as a pair of lips attached to my neck and jaw. I tilted my head and looked to find it was Joel I smiled and pushed him off of me and turned to face him. “I know nothing about you.” I laughed realizing what was going on.

He smiled and nodded “Then how about I take you out tomorrow night?”

“Sure.” I smiled. “Sounds like a plan.” I said kissing his cheek as Garrett, Rachel and John walked to where we stood in the water. “I didn’t invite you.” I said stating the obvious turning in Joel’s grasp to face Garrett and Rachel.

“Yeah, but, I’m your best friend.” He shrugged. Throwing his arm over Rachel’s shoulder.

“Yeah but you’ve been ignoring me and bailing all week.” I said turning around completely to face him. “Why are you here Garrett?”

“Why are you hooking up with my friend?” he retorted.

“Why do you care?” I shot back as the situation turned quite awkward for everyone around.

Garrett’s head hung and he sighed before shrugging. “I guess I don’t.” I nodded and began for the steps of the pool with Joel in my tracks.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahaha garrett is being a PMSing lil'bitch!
butttt now Amberlynn has a hottie to run to.

btw! it's Joel from This Century. TOTALLY HOT + beautiful and perfect!
Image