Status: Active?

Halloween Head

6

I knew that if I was going to do this, I had to do it right. I held on tightly to Joel’s hand as he drove me home at midnight. My night was only beginning, and everything was just starting, I could possibly ruin me and Garrett’s relationship, or whatever the hell we had tonight.

“What are you thinking about Babe?” I shook my head from the thoughts and turned my attention to Joel. “What’s wrong?” He restated.

“Oh, nothing, what..what makes you think something is wrong?” I answered snapping out of my daze.

“Well, you’ve got a death grip on my hand, you’ve been staring blankly at the dashboard the whole way to your house, and we’ve been sitting here for like five minutes and you haven’t moved.” I looked behind him to see that we were parked in front of my house.

“Oh, um, I’m just um, tired I guess.” I said letting his hand go and running the other through my long dark brown locks.

“Alright.” He said looking at me with suspicion in his expression. “Do you want me to come in with you?”

“No, no, you go hang out with the guys, I’ll be fine. I’m just going to go to bed.” He nodded and leaned forward resting his elbow on the center console.

“I’ll call you tomorrow.” He mumbled grabbing my hand again and pulling me forward to meet his lips. “Good night.”

“Night.” I whispered opening the door and walking to the pouch.

“Don’t forget to lock the door!” He yelled from the car, I gave him a thumbs up and walked inside follow his instructions. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed my dad’s number.

“Hello.” He answered happily.

“Hey um, can I take something out of the cabinet?” I asked biting my lip.

“Sure just be sure to lock it back, those are worth a lot.” He said as I walked further into the house turning the lights on.

“Thanks dad, I’ll see you late, love you bye.” I said hanging up quickly.

I made my way to my dad’s office unlocking the sacred cabinet with the key that hung unused on my key ring. I flipped through the sleeves and finally found what I was looking for. I ran out to my car and got in, turning it on and making the short drive to Garrett’s house. I looked up in his window on the side of the house where is light was still on but his shadow moved across the room. I walked slowly through the grass and stopped at the bottom of tree. I shoved the item into my bag and began my journey to his window.
I knocked on the glass and watched as he looked over to the window. His eyes were red and puffy and his hair was messy while his shirt was off and he was wearing only a pair of jeans. I waved awkwardly as he opened the window.

“What do you want?” He asked dryly leaning on the frame.

“In.” I stated climbing through the window pushing him to the side. “I brought you something.” I said pulling out a vinyl copy of ‘Love is Hell’ and watched as his face brightened up slightly. I took it from the sleeve and placed it on the record player that sat in the corner of his room. “So, tell me what’s up.” I said sitting in his chair.

“I’m um, just tired, haven’t been feeling too good.” He said lying down on his bed. I sighed and got up making my way to his bed.

“Come on, Garrett, talk to me.” I said putting my hand on his shoulder. The skin-to-skin contact with Garrett made my blood tingle a little. He sighed and propped himself up on his elbows and looked me in the eye.

“Rachel broke up with me and I don’t know.” He said gesturing at the space between us. “You’re mad and me, the guys just give me shit about everything.”

I shook my head. “I’m not mad at you.” I said tilting my head to the side. “I just didn’t like you girlfriend, or I guess the fact that you didn’t tell me.” I corrected.

“I know, I was wrong, I just didn’t think it was important, but, you didn’t know her so why didn’t you like her.” He asked putting on the cutest confused face. I shook my head thinking back to Joel and quickly averted my attention to the spinning record.

“I…I um, I have to go.” I said standing up.

If I were to tell Garrett that the real reason I didn’t like Rachel, I would be ruining everything I had with Joel and making things awkward between Garrett and I. I started for the door with the intentions of using the proper exit aside from the window. I put my hand on the doorknob only to have it covered and removed by Garrett’s larger one, I took a quickly breath inward as he turned me around to face him. His eyes shifted around my face before he let my hand fall back to my side.

He took a deep breath and ran his hand through his dark blonde hair. “I like you to, Amberlyn.” He whispered.

I opened my mouth but couldn’t make words so I turned and opened the door. “I’ll see you at school.” I said quickly before walking out of the room quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooo, here an update, I'll be trying to update each day but my life is getting busy! but it's a lazy sunday and I'll just spend my time writing so I'll have them in the bag.

Tell me what you guys think:)