Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Fifteen..

Brian slowly awoke the next morning, his heart soaring when he realised it was Emily's breath he could feel on his neck.

He pulled her even closer to him, burying his face into her sweet smelling hair.

"Morning Brian," She mumbled, her lips moving against the soft skin of his neck sending shivers down his spine.

He cleared his throat "Morning Patches. How did you sleep?"

"Too well," She groaned, stretching out her limbs and causing her body to press even closer to his.

"G-good," He replied with a fake yawn to cover up his stutter. She was driving him insane and he knew he shouldn't be feeling what he was towards the 20 year old. Not only would her older cousin castrate him then kill him painfully but he knew she wouldn't want or need anything even close to a relationship.

He just wanted to be there for her, protect her and - dare he say it - love her.

"You've gone awfully quiet Haner," Emily giggled, snuggling closer to him sleepily.

"Just tired," He shrugged, nuzzling his nose deeper into her hair. "I like laying with you."

She smiled against his skin, her arms slowly and gently looping around his waist "I like laying with you too."

His hand gently rubbed up and down her back soothingly and she felt herself slowly slipping back to a comfortable sleep, until-

"GUYS! BREAKFAST!!"

They both groaned in disappointment at Val's shout, neither wanting to leave the warmth of the bed.

"Come on then you," She smiled, the rumbling of her stomach taking over "Get dressed lazy pants."

*

"Did you stay in Brian's room last night?" Leana asked, her eyebrows raised as she linked her arm through Emily's once they were alone in the kitchen.

Emily blushed "I got scared."

"Aaw babe," Leana sighed, pulling her younger friend into a hug "He'll look after you y'know."

"I know," Emily smiled softly, thinking of all the crazy thoughts and feelings that had rushed through her mind when she was lay in his arms. "It's so weird, I just-"

"And what are you two ladies doing in here all alone?" Jimmy asked, skipping into the kitchen and wrapping his arms around his fiancée.

"Nothing," Emily smiled sweetly, dodging the two and going into the living room, avoiding any more awkward questions off the couple.

"Whoa, you okay?" Brian chuckled as Emily nearly crashed into him.

"Yeah," She replied, blushing slightly once more "Just trying to avoid any more awkward questioning off the Sullivan duo."

"They're such freaks," Brian laughed, shaking his head almost in disbelief.

"Says you!" Leana cut in in a sing song voice as her and Jimmy waltzed past - her over his shoulder.

Emily laughed, absent mindedly moving towards Brian and cuddling close to his chest "What have I let myself in for?"

He rubbed her arm softly, making the most of her being so close to him - technically - in public "Well, you're stuck with us now!"

*

The quiet knocking on Brian's bedroom door stretched a smile across his face.

"Hey," She whispered, poking her head into the room.

"Come on Patches," He grinned, scooting over to make room for her.

She slid into the covers and immediately snuggled into the warmth of his body. "You're so amazing Brian," She sighed with a smile.

He squeezed his eyes tightly shut for a moment; wishing. Wishing she was 8 years older, that Gena wasn't so over protective...that she could learn to trust him and know not every man was like Alan.

"You're pretty amazing too sweetie," He replied, trying to push all his feelings away. To her it was clear he was just someone to act as a shield against her problems, someone like an older brother.

And he didn't want to ruin that.

Taking him by total surprise a soft pair of lips gently pressed against his cheekbone.

"Thank you," He grinned "But what was that for?"

Her eyes sparkled even in the darkness "For just being you. For bringing light and happiness into my lonely life."

"Right back at ya Patches," He smirked, placing a kiss on the end of her nose.

"G'night Brian," She yawned, drifting off to sleep as his fingers ran through her hair.

"Sleep tight sweetheart," He smiled her dark brown locks running like silk through his hands "I've got something awesome planned for us tomorrow."