Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Twenty Four..

She yawned as she slowly woke and turned around in Brian's arms, nuzzling her face into his neck.

"Good morning," He mumbled, cuddling her even tighter than before - wincing as he did so.

"Are you in pain?" She asked in concern.

"Uhm, no?" He replied unconvincingly.

"Well, you did insist on doing what you'd do normally onstage," she answered with raised eyebrows, chuckling at his look of innocence "I still haven't forgiven you."

"it happened to all the other girls," He defended himself "Most people would think i was sweet for declaring my love for you in front of all those people."

She smiled softly as she traced a finger along his tattooed arm "More than sweet," she grinned as he pressed his lips on hers.

"No sex on the bus!" Jimmy called from the distance.

"Ignore him," Brian chuckled as Emily blushed "I have to go do a soundcheck but I promise I won't be long okay?"

"Okay," She smiled, the 4 hour drive to Vegas had been completed while they were asleep "Be careful."

He smiled as she slowly drifted back off to sleep, gently kissing her forehead "I always am."

*

Emily reawoke another hour later to an empty bus. After taking a quick shower and drying her hair she padded into the kitchen, making herself two pieces of toast.

Her phone buzzed and she flipped it open not bothering to check the caller I.D. "Hello?"

"H-hey Emz," There was something off in Val's upbeat tone "Are y-you coming over to the v-venue?"

Emily frowned "I was thinking about it. Are you okay Val?"

"F-fine," The other girl forced "We're all waiting for ya!"

"I'll be there in 10," Emily replied, still frowning as the line went dead. She pulled on her comfy Ugg boots and a light hoodie before exiting the bus.

"Good Afternoon Miss. Newell," The security guy smiled as she went through the side door "It's the 6th door on the right!" He called after her as she made her way down the unusually long corridor.

Her heart pounded as she slowly opened the door labelled 'A7x', her stomach churning when the scene unfolded before her.

Gena, Val, Leana, Lacey, Michelle and Hannah were all tied up to chairs, tears streaming down their faces as they begged her to run. The guys were across the room, also tied to chairs.

"Em go!" Brian pleaded his gorgeous eyes glistening with tears "Please! Run."

"Oh she won't be going anywhere," A voice sneered, appearing into the room from the door opposite her. Alan raised his right arm to show her the gun he was holding "Because she knows you'll be the first to die if she does."

"I don't care!" Brian shouted "Just GO Em! I'll be fine!"

"I'm not leaving you," She said, finally finding her voice. Tears emerged from his eyes and he allowed his head to fall forward.

"That's my girl," Alan smiled, edging over and placing an arm around her waist.

"Get off her!" Zach growled causing Brian to quickly look up once more.

"But she's always been mine Zach," Alan sneered, placing his lips to a squirming Emily's.

Anger flashed across Brian's face as he rattled round on the chair, trying to escape.

"Keep still!" Alan called, still holding Emily close to him.

"Only if you leave her the fuck alone!"

Alan shrugged, as he raised his arm Emily screamed "I warned you Brian." She screamed once more as the bullet ripped through Brian's chest.

"Emilyyy!" She ignored the shouts of her name as her body shook with sobs "Emily!"


"EMILY! Wake Up!"

Her eyes were forced open by a concerned looking Gena "Uhm, hi," She mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"Are you okay?" Gena breathed pulling her younger cousin into a hug "You were screaming and crying."

"Bad dream," Emily winced, gripping tightly onto Gena "I'm putting you guys in so much trouble and danger," she cried, wriggling from Gena's grasp and pulling on some jeans and a tshirt.

"What're you doing?" Gena asked in confusion as Emily began zipping up her cases.

"Home!" The younger girl replied heading towards the exit, dragging her bags behind her "I'm too much trouble Gee! Brian was stabbed all because of me and Alan isn't going to just stop there is he?"

"You can't go Emz!" Gena shouted, following Emily across the venue car park, quickly sending Brian a text.

Emily blinked back tears as she continued to walk, not knowing how she was going to get anywhere but realising the further away she was from them the safer they would be.

Before she could get any farther away she came into contact with a broad, muscular chest, a pair of arms wrapping around her small frame "So I hear you were thinking of leaving me?" Brian said in a whisper.

"Not you specifically," She replied burying her face into the fabric of his shirt "I can't bear to see you - all of you - get hurt because of me."

"We won't," He assured her, tipping her chin with his finger to force her to look at him "Did you have another bad dream?"

She nodded, the tears escaping and rolling down her cheeks. He held her closer and tighter as she dropped her bags and gripped him back.

"Promise you won't leave me?" He asked, kissing the top of her head.

"I promise."

*

"So you've already heard the soothing tone of Mr. Johnny Christ," Matt chuckled as Johnny went to the front of the stage and bowed "But now it's Syn's turn."

Brian raised a hand as he stepped up to the mic "This one's for Emily," he smiled, locking eyes with his girl stood stage side for a second before starting to plat the song, singing softly into his microphone, Matt joining in every now and then.

"A lonely road, crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find
While I recall all the words you spoke to me
Can't help but wish that I was there
Back where I'd love to be, oh yeah
."

Emily's heart raced in her ribcage. The guys had put their music on her ipod and forced her to listen - 'Dear God' had always been one of her favourites.

"Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
’Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again
."

Their eyes locked once more and she blew him a kiss.

"There's nothing here for me on this barren road
There's no one here while the city sleeps
and all the shops are closed
Can't help but think of the times I've had with you
Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
’Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again
."

She smiled, just wanting to rush on and cuddle into him - to feel safe in his arms.

"Some search, never finding a way
Before long, they waste away
I found you, something told me to stay
I gave in, to selfish ways
And how I miss someone to hold
when hope begins to fade...

A lonely road, crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away
We all need the person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
’Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again
."

As the song finished the crowd cheered and Val pushed Emily onto the stage. She raced over and threw her arms around him "I love you."

He grinned "I love you too. You make my life so interesting. I just don't know what I'd do without you Princess."

Her heart pounded and her mind was made up; she was never leaving.