My Guardian Angel

The Conversation.

I smiled as I turned to look back at the group.

Do you mind if I ask my Dad first?

"Do you mind if I ask my Dad first?" I said. I was right. Everything I think comes right out of my mouth...
"No prob," Kyle said casually.
OMG, Kyle is so cool.

I rush up to Dad and tap on the counter. "DAD!"

"What?" he said, not even bothering to look at me. "Addie, not right now. I'm really busy."

I glanced at the female customer standing beside me.
I grinned.

"Beware. My Dad's a pain," I say.
Dad gives me a flabbergasted look.

I turn back to the guys.

"My dad said..." I muttered. "Sure."

All their faces lit up as they started to gather their things.

We all exited the cafe together and walked out in the cold.
"Thanks a lot Addie. Without you, we'd be nothing out here...in the cold," Joey said.
The rest agreed.
"No biggie. Besides, I'd do anything for my fave celebs." I smile.

"No offense, but you have quite an uncanny dad you got there," Joe piped up.
I sighed. "I know. It's quite embarassing."
"Ha!" Ethan laughed. "You're lucky you even have a dad."
"You have no father?" I asked.
"He died."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"Well, it doesn't bother me that much. I hardly got to see him, so I don't really know what he looks like."
"Oh, I see."

"Well, my grandfather died of Cancer," I said.
Kyle gulped.
Was there something wrong?
"He was such a wonderful grandfather. He'd see me everyday. We'd go out and ride I'd ride on my bike while he followed me everywhere."
Joe smiled. "Yeah, grandaddies are great."
"Uhhuh," Ben replied. "My grandad was a really strong 'un. He played tennis till he was 83 years old!"
We all laughed---all except for ...

Kyle.

The whole conversation seemed to be affecting Kyle in a disturbing Way. Whatever could be troubling him in such a wonderful moment? He was so talkative a while ago...what could be wrong?

"Kyle," I said. "What's the matter?"

Kyle snapped out of his trance.

"I'm sorry. I'm just quite...distracted right now," Kyle replies with a soft mumble.

Everyone was silent until we came to our house.

Our house was quite big. It had a big garden and a white porch smothered with snow.

"Woah." All the guys looked up and stared at our massive domicile.

Ben lead the way to the porch.

I opened up the door and let them in. I took their coats and put them in the coat closet right beside the door.

"Please, feel free to do anything you wish to do, feel at home, and make yourself comfortable because we alWays like to make sure that our guests are contented and relaxed as they stay right here in our humble abode, feeling as happy as they can be," I say.

They all laughed.

"You sound like a stewardess in the airplane who take your orders and serving your food, helping you in all your needs while you enjoy your flight," Joey laughs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, the suspense comes,people! Something's SURELY wrong with Kyle. Tune in to find out what that could be... :) Please comment and subscribe---thank you!!! :)