My Guardian Angel

OH NO.

I gulped as tears started forming in my eyes. I tried to hold back my cry. I looked up to make sure that they wouldn’t fall. This couldn’t be happening. I’ve only been with Kyle for a few hours, and now, he tells me his deepest darkest secret; one that none of the band members know…and I know it and I’m regretting the moment he had even told me his secret.

“Don’t take it too critically. My doctor said that it’s not too dire. There’s still a big chance that I can be able to cure it,” Kyle assured me.

I was silent. Silent for such a long time that it came to my head that silence was a very scary sound…

I just stared at Kyle. “You have to promise me that nothing bad will happen to you, okay?”

Kyle beamed at me. “Don’t worry. I promise.”

I exchanged the smile. Kyle Patrick was my favorite celebrity and I didn’t want anything dreadful to happen to his poor little life. Besides, all his fans would be crushed and distressed. The band would grieve to the loss of their best singer ever and they would have to find another singer to replace Kyle. The Click Five would go---history.

“Hey, Kyle! KYLE! ADDIE! Come on down here!” Joey shouted.

We both rush downstairs to the basement.

All the lights were on. Ben and Joe were playing billiards on the pool table while Ethan was trying out the amplifier.

“Hey, Addie,” Ethan calls me. “Do you…play the guitar?”

I sighed. “Yeah…”

I took my chance.

“I was quite a skilled guitarist…according to my dad anyWay, and I was featured on the Jay Leno show.”

“Play us something,” Kyle said.

I hesitated but then Ethan handed me the guitar. I took it and put on the strap on my shoulder.

I played like a real rockstar.

Chords changed from D to C to G7 to F. Soon, I was playing Aminor, B♭and more and more power chords.
By the time I ended they all glared at me as if I were a skilled guitar-maniac who had replaced the real Addie.

They applaused.

“That was awesome!” Ethan said.
“Better than me, in fact,” Joe laughed.
“Man, if any of the guitarists fall back, you’ll be the replacement!” Ben joked.

Kyle and I glared at each other. My eyes widened.

“Come on, guys, we have to practice ‘Happy Birthday’ now,” Ethan exclaimed.

They all agree as I watch them play and Kyle sing.
They all looked as if they were having an awesome time here.
I thought hard again. Please…I hope nothing bad happens to Kyle.

“But…Happy Birthday!” Kyle sings as the music ends. I clap optimistically and said, “Come on, I’ll show you guys more of the house.”

“Okay,” Joey said as they followed after me. Kyle was the last so he turned off the light switch. But right when he was about to turn it off, he passed out and fell down straight to the ground with a loud THUMP! We all stopped.

“KYLE!” We shout in anxiety.

Was this the time for Kyle to leave this world?