Status: done

The Poison

The Punishment - William

I clung to Clair even tighter.

“What?” I couldn’t comprehend what she just said.

“He raped me, Will.” Clair started to sob and I pulled her closer, and rubbed her back; my thoughts racing with what should happen to my favorite dandy. I can’t allow vampires, anyone actually, to mess with a Beckett.

“He’ll get what’s coming to him, Clair. I promise… I promise.”

I stayed with Clair until she fell asleep and then tucked her in. She looked so peaceful in her sleep. So different from her conscious state, I can’t believe my son has done such a terrible thing. I may love him, but he needs a serve punishment. I’ll tell him what’s he’s been accused of, and then I’ll have to go read the family history to see if there have been any cases like this before, and what they have done.

I open the door of Brendon’s room to see him and my niece playing house. Ironically he was playing the part of little Alice’s father.

“Hello Alice,… Brendon.”

“Hi Uncle Will!” Alice says waving at me and smiling.

“Alice, I have to talk to Brendon privately, for while, so the Butcher is going to go take you for a walk in the gardens if you like.”

“But I like playing with Brendon.”

“Alice, don’t whine. And I really must talk with Brendon, please go with the Butcher, he’s very nice. You don’t have to walk in the garden.”

“Okay, Uncle Will.”

I turned back to Brendon with a stern frown.

“Do you know why I’m here?” With a bewildered look on his face he answered,

“No.”

“Think son, think hard. What would make me so pissed off at you?” He looked at me with a confused face for a few moments, until it contorted to a look of horror.

“Clair?” He asked, his voice barely above a whisper, so much fear filled his face and whole being. I could feel it radiating off of him. He’s right to be scared of my wrath.

“Yes, Clair. Brendon, you’ve harmed a Beckett. That is the worse thing you could have done.” I said in a deadly voice.

“What are you going to do to me?” He was shaking now.

“I do not know yet. But don’t expect me to go easy on you.”

“Yes, Father.” He said dejectedly.

I left Brendon for the library. After a sleepless night, I still couldn’t find anything that would help me figure out what to do with Brendon. So, I thought of Mother and Father, and how ruthless they were, what would they do to a beta who raped their daughter? And then answer came to me.

I knock on Clair’s door, “Hello? Little sister, are you awake?’

“Come in.”

“Good morning, Clair.”

“Will, can I ask you something?”

“What is it Clair? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, but why are you always so formal?”

“Formal? I’m just being proper, like Mother and Father taught us. But enough, I have important news.”

“What is it?”

“Darling” I sighed, “come sit with me.” We sat on her bed, and I took her hands in mine, “Clair, I have to punish Brendon, this you know. But the thing is, his punishment is death.” She forcefully tore her small hands from my grip.

“What?” She asked outraged.

“For what he’s done to you, a Beckett, he must die.”

“Why?”

“Clair, he raped you, and Alice is a bastard. The dandies are held to a higher standard and he can’t be part of us for what’s he done, and we can’t just kick him out. He knows too much.”

“There has to be a way to let him live, Will, there has to.”

“You don’t want him dead?” I asked shocked, “But, what he has done to you…” I trailed off, not understanding my sister. I thought this is what she would have wanted.

“I don’t want anyone to die. There has to be a way to let him live.”

“No.”

“Please, Will.’ I took a deep breath, there was one way.

“Well, there is, but you will not like it, I promise.”

“Tell me.”

“The only thing you could do to save him is if you’re married to him. Alice will have her father, and it would be acceptable.”

“I have to marry him?” I could hear and see the surprise in her facial expressions and voice.

“No! No, you don’t. He knows the severity of his offense.”

“Will I can’t let him die.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So no ripping of heads in this chapter, I hope you like it! Please comment it makes me very happy!
-Abbi