Status: It's a work in progress!! :) (give it a try!)

Forever Is Complex

Chapter Four

Crap! Crap! Crap!
Sienna was Leo's girlfriend, they had been going out for a year now. I have never personally liked Sienna. At all. Leo is way to nice to her, and she treats him like a dog.
"Alright! One minute!" The door suddenly opened, loud in comparison to the previous silence. Grandpa was rushing to the car. He fumbled around with some sort of buckle in the back of the car and he pulled up the plasticy fabric top of the car.
"Are you all packed, Karyn?" Gran asked me, climbing into the passenger seat of the car.
"Yep, I should be." I answered, thinking about it.
Grandpa finally was ready, and in the car. The time on the stereo was at 5:00AM. Grandpa pressed the clicker again, like yesterday, and the garage door came up. The car slowed down the driveway and within a minute we were on the highway.
I still couldn't believe Leo. He just graduated...he had his whole life ahead of him! I just couldn't understand why he wants to be with Sienna.
"How long of a drive is it, Grandpa?" I asked politely at around 5:15. Grandpa grunted.
"We should get there around 7:00." He said, as if I were dumb.
"Alright...thank you." I pulled my phone out.
Sent at 5:17; You there?
5:17 From: Leo is the bomb!; You think I'd be sleeping in a time like this?!!?
Sent at 5:18; Do mom and dad know?
5:18 From:Leo is the bomb!; Yea right!
Sent at 5:20; When did you find out?
5:20 From; Leo is the bomb!; [1/2] She told me late last night. She says she found out the day before that. I had to ask if she was 100% sure it was mine, and she says it definitely is. I asked her what we were going to do
5:20 From; Leo is the bomb!; [2/2] and she said she wasn't sure but she's leaning towards keeping it.
Sent at 5:22; Man Im so sorry!
5:57 From; Leo is the bomb!; Shit, sorry Kare, I didn't mean to take that long to reply...I'll talk to you later okay? have fun with Gran and gramps.


I sighed and leaned back further into the seat. Poor Leo. I slowly feel into a snooze, which I woke up from constantly with loud noises of car horns, or going over deep cracks in the road. When I realized we slowed to a halt, I woke up again, more alert this time.
"Ugh...what time is it?" I asked absent-mindfully, wiping drool from my lip.
"8:45." Grandpa said, matter-of-factually.
"8:45! I though you said around 7:00 we'd be at DuBois!" I said in shock.
"There was a car accident, it held us back." Grandpa added. "But we're here now."
"Wow..." I said in awe, looking out the front window of the car. The building we were passing was huge! It was similar looking to a Hawaiian resort I went to with my parents and Leo in 7th grade.
It was off-white, and with rough-siding. There were many windows all over, and you could tell the building stretched far back, out of sight. Flowers lined the walls and curbs. There was a fountain spraying water 10 feet into the air in the middle of the round-about.
"We have our own garage spot." Gran told me.
"Oh really? How long have you guy's gone here?" I asked them curiously.
"15 years." Grandpa said proudly.
"That's so cool." I said, slightly amazed, yet disappointed this was my first time here.
We drove down through intersecting roads, and over speed-bumps. I looked out the window, and all I saw were old people. Some sitting on benches, or walking with each other, some were power-walking, listening to CD players they were holding. As desperately as I searched, I could seem to see a single person under the age of 60!
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is highly-appreciated! So thanks for that one comment! It will get way better in at least two more chapters!