Status: It's a work in progress!! :) (give it a try!)

Forever Is Complex

Chapter Six

I actually screamed, I was so shocked. I sat upright in my chair within an nano-second. The magazine fell off my lap into a puddle of water. The guy was still underwater, just kind of floating there. Suddenly another flash of color jumped from the roof, in a canon-ball form. He was doing some sort of Rebel Cry that my history teacher was telling us about from the Civil War. When he hit the water, I was just about drenched with the splash.
I was not only amazed at these guys' ball's for jumping off a 2-story country club building into a pool, but that they didn't have gray hair, and look like they were wearing leathery bags for skin.They both finally emerged, the first guy gasping for air, and the other laughing. I don't think either of them noticed me at this point.
"Damn it Sam! I told you I gave up!" The first boy shouted. He looked just a little bit older then I, perhaps 17 or 18. He was black, and reminded me incredibly like Mehcad Brooks, from the show True Blood. He was also....very fit.
"What's the fun in that?" Said the second guy, I figured named Sam. He was a golden tan, with shaggy, sun bleached brunette hair. He was about the same age as the first guy, and just as fit. He has broad shoulders, and a squared jaw. And I could feel the drool coming.
"Screw you, man." 'Mehcad Brooks' said. Sam just laughed, and turned his head as the guy splashed him. The million-dollar smile faded from his face as he saw me.
"Oh shit...sorry! Did we get you wet?" He grinned again.
"What?!" I asked in alarm. My mind has a way of getting dirty.
"No! I meant, did you splash you?" Sam said in defense. He started to reach for the wall, and pulled himself out, flexing his abdominal area. I made an odd whimper.
"Huh? Oh...no! Well actually yah...I mean yeah! Oh lord...," I ran my fingers through my hair and bit my lip a little, to prevent myself from saying something else just as stupid.
"I'm sorry!" Said the other guy, he started to get out of the pool too.
"Fine!" My voice went really high pitched. "It's fine! I was hot anyway."
"That's good...I guess. I didn't expect anyone to be at the pool." Sam said, he stood over me, blocking the sun. "Especially anyone to pretty."
"Shut up, Sam." The other boy said. "Sorry miss, he is a little arrogant."
"No, just confidant. I'm Sam." He smiled. Sam took my hand, and shook it.
"Hi, my name's Karyn." I just had to smile back. His gaze made me melt, in the already sweltering heat.
"Sebastian." The black guy said, taking my hand after Sam.
"So...do you guy's jump off roof's often?" I asked, in a sarcastic, small talk way. Sam chuckled a little.
"Only on Wednesday's." He said, looking off into the sky.
"Hah! Hah! Nice one! It might have sounded even cooler if today weren't Saturday!" Sebastian hit Sam in the back of the head.
"What?" Sam said in total disbelief. "It is not! It's Wednesday! I've been keeping track!"
"It's Saturday. Right, Karyn?" Sebastian said, waiting for me.
"What?" I asked, confused though I'd heard him. "Oh yeah, it's Saturday. Yesterday was Friday, and tomorrow is Sunday."
"What the hell?" Sam sat down in the chair next to me,scratching his head and processing this information.
"He's a bit slow in a summer. And in the school year." Sebastian told me.
"Yeah...wait no!" Sam called out, snapping out of his daze. "So Karyn, what grade are you going into?"
"I'll be a sophomore. How about you?" I smiled. I was afraid they were way older, and might be seniors, or something.
"Seniors." Sam said, his chest swelling with pride. My heart skipped a second. "This isn't exactly a place for the youth. What brings you too this kitchen of hell?"
"Kitchen?" I questioned.
"It's hot! And boring. Kitchen's are boring." Sam told me, leaning closer to me as if trying to prove a conspiracy.
"I think kitchen's are fun." I told him, with a flirty laugh. Dear goodness! It must be the Oklahoma air turning me into this hussy!
"You should cook for me sometime." Sam winked, with suck cockiness in his tone.
"I should." I replied, trying to do a cute grin. Fail.
"Sam, I gotta go pick up Jonathon." Sebastian said, looking at a clock up on the building.
"Now?" Sam groaned.
"Yes now. The day care closes at 4:00 today. It's 3:30 now." Sebastian told him.
"Urgh! Fine!" Sam said dramatically, dropping his head. "Hey, what condo are you staying in?"
"Oh! I don't know!" I said a little panicked.
"Okay, who owns it?"
"My grandpa." I told him, confused.
"Name?" Sam questioned, standing up. Sebastian was tapping his foot impatiently.
"Paul Prewett." I was a little uncertain.
"Okay!" He smiled wide. Him and Sebastian were already walking away. "See you tonight!"
"What?" I called to him, but he was already out of hearing range.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't we all wish for two senior boys with out shirts on, to come and pester you?