Status: More Pause than Updates...

Fenced In Hearts

Departure.

*DAMIEN*

It’s early morning; the sun is rising in the sky, coloring the horizon a mix of pink, purple, blue, and orange. A light breeze is whispering against our skin unceasingly, the spicy fall scent pleasing to my senses.

Today was the day we were finally going abroad; it was I, my brothers, Sunny, and Uncle Simon, no one else, not even guards. Just us and the world.

We were waiting on the grounds as a few servants were packing our things in the large van we were going to take. We we’re going by van to Ragana, the kingdom of warlocks, witches, wizards, and sirens, thankfully our once hostile relationship with them was now at an end so we could travel peacefully through. From there we were going my ship to Einherjar, the kingdom of elves and elementist. From Einherjar we’ll be sailing to Samodivas, the kingdom of skeletons, ghost, and ghouls. From there we’ll travel by van up into Grigori-Obake, the kingdom of fallen angels and shape shifters, and from there we’ll head up into Vâlvă, the kingdom of earthen angels and saints. Then we’ll sail to Daityas, which is the kingdom of giants, dwarves, hobbits, and pirates, and thankfully we have made peace with them. From there we’ll travel on the far outskirts of Ryūjin, the kingdom of dragons and serpents, and since we’re not in the best of terms with Ryūjin we must travel on the outskirts and get our information on the kingdom from Theiudos like our old studying once we’re back in Laramie.

Our whole family was gathered out to see us off, well our parents and siblings. Zimmy was currently crouched on the ground holding Haven, his new baby brother allowing Desdemona, his sister to coo at the baby while babbling away at her older brother. Xavier was cradling Drakkar, his new baby brother in his arms while his sister Tempest was hanging off of Uncle Simons back as the two were talking. Kaspien was standing with Sunny, Kaspien holding Acheron, his new baby brother, and Sunny was talking to my little sister Blodwen and Kaspiens little sister Jinx. I was rocking on my heels holding my little brother Shayde waiting for the time to come for our departure.

Smiling down I pay attention to the soft cooing of Shayde as his bright brown eyes gaze up at me in wonderment. Chuckling lightly I place a quick kiss on his forehead before I walk towards the group consisting of my brothers and our family. I take a spot next to Sunny and my father, still cooing at Shayde as I do so.

Sunny giggles lightly at my behavior as he indulges our little sisters in conversation.

I shuffle Shayde in my arms so I can place one arm around Sunny while still maintaining a safe, appropriate, and comfortable hold on Shayde.

Sunny leans back into my embrace, a light smile on his features as he does so.

“Damien, when will you be back?” My sister, Blodwen ask, her chestnut brown eyes looking up at me with youthful innocence.

“I’m not sure sweetie; it might be a couple of years. But I promise to write to you ok honey?” I answer looking down at her saddening face.

“You promise to write?”

“I promise.” I laugh, holding out my pinky for her to encompass with her much tinier one.

“You better, you just pinky promised, you can’t break this stuff bubba!” She tells me.

I laugh at her adorable behavior while nodding; she flashes me a bright smile before holding her arms up towards our dad.

He picks her up, kissing her cheek while giving his own light laughter at her behavior.

“Ok everyone it’s time to go, say your last goodbyes!” Simon announces to the group.

We all hand over our little brothers, leaving them with kisses on their foreheads and cheeks before placing them in the hands of our fathers. Mom gets all of our little sisters off of our limbs, before giving a watery smile.

“Ok well, I guess this is a see you later. Oh my boys!” Our mom cries lightly, grabbing us in a massive hug while tears escape.

“Mom. Mom. Mom. L-let go.” I gasp.

He does giving another shaky laugh.

“Sorry, it’s just that you guys are growing up! My babies! You’re traveling the world, and I won’t be seeing you four for Gods knows, two years maybe!”

“Mom, we will write and send pictures, you’re going to see us again.” I laughing, hugging him.

“I know I know! But I’m a mom and as a mom I have the right to act like this!” He sighs, wiping at the tears.

“Mommy we love you! So don’t cry, ok we’re going to be safe, we’re going to have fun, and we’re going to learn. Ok? And then before you know it we’ll be back here to drive you crazy.
So please stop crying. We love you!” Kaspien sniffles on the verge of tears himself as he cuddles into Alex to get him to stop crying.

“I love you too baby, all of you.” He smiles at us, kissing Kaspien wherever he can before releasing him.

He gives all of the same treatment covering our faces in kisses before our dads manage to pry him off.

“I love you mom and dad. Dad take care of mom and mom take care of dad.” Zimmy says somewhat sheepishly not used to all the positive emotion, nor is Acanthus seeing as they’re both fidgeting, and it doesn’t help when Alex makes them hug, and makes Acanthus place a kiss on Zimmys’ cheek.

I, of course, get a kick out of the display and start howling in laughter getting a thump on my head from both Zimmy and Acanthus.

Acanthus then proceeds to hug me, giving me kiss on the cheek before allowing me to say my ‘I love you’s’.

Earning myself another glomp from my mom and a tight hug from my dad with a kiss and a ruffle of my hair.

Kaspien then proceeds to blubber out his ‘I love you’s’ getting a swaying hug and flurry of kisses from our mom and all of our dads to hug him kiss him, and pat him down in hopes to somehow comforting him.

Thankfully Zimmy intervenes, somehow managing to calm the sobbing kitten before Xavier gives his ‘I love you’s’ yet again getting attacked in a hug and kisses from our mom and a hug and kiss on the temple from his dad.

With parting good byes and another round of hugging for all we head off down the gravel walkway with Uncle Simon in the lead, towards the van.

I settle in the back with Sunny. Ready to curl up with my little sunshine for a well deserved nap. In the row in front of us Zimmy and Kaspien do the same both yawning as they settle.
Leaving Xavier to sit shotgun with Simon, though that didn’t stop Xavier from falling asleep. Five minutes into our drive, and he’s nodded off against Simons arm.

Seeing all was going well I allow myself to slip off into sleep with Sunny.

-X-X-X-X-

I’m jolted awake with our van slowing to a stop outside of a small little inn. The town in which the inn is in is small and slightly rural, but yet efficient enough to hold stable in the economy. It’s got the classic homey feel to it, with old antebellum and Victorian homes and buildings. Small crops and farms were interspersed around the area; the sun was setting casting a fiery glow on the quaint little town.

“Mmm, Damien where are we?” Sunny ask, riding his eyes of sleep as he clings to my side.

I smile down at him, kissing his forehead, and looking up at Simon who’s waking Xavier.

“Uncle Simon, where are we?” I question.

“We’re in Piru a small town on the Far East in Penanggalan, almost in Utukku. We have maybe another day or two before we reach the borders of our kingdom. For now we’ll sleep here since its convenient, who knows tomorrow night we may be sleeping in the van. So come on, get out time to check in.”

Groaning we all manage to pile out all rejoicing in the night since that was when we were the strongest and most comfortable.

Sunny shifted closer into my body, a small whimper escaping from his lips.

“What’s wrong baby?” I ask as we head into the inn.

“You guys have a stronger night and a weaker day since you are all creatures of the night. The city I lived in primarily had sun and day type dragons and serpents, there were a few night and dark time dragons and serpents in it so it wasn’t the strongest of days and weakest of nights, but it was close. What I’m trying to say is I’m a sun type dragon, the sun dragon, I thrive in the strong, bright, blazing days. You guys are creatures of the nights; you all thrive in the strong dark creepy nights. We’re opposites and since this is y’alls kingdom, the days are much weaker than what’s considered normal and even ten times weaker than what I’m used to, as for the nights they’re stronger than what’s considered normal and ten times if not more, stronger than what I’m used to. So in a way it kind of hurts to be out here, I feel weak. It’s not so bad; I’m just not used to it.”

I gathered myself a little at the long speech he gave to explain everything. I never really thought about that, maybe because since we were in the castle we acted more civilized and human like than we did when we let our instincts run us. We stayed up in the day, which was quite weaker than normal, it was dimmer, the moon was always somewhat visible, almost like the sky in the early morning of winter, dim, a pale cyan, the sun was up but the moon was still visible to the eye. And we slept during the night unless in my case, the full moon was up, or in Xavier’s and Zimmy’s case their internal monster needed the thrill of the hunt and kill.

“Oh. Well come here.” I murmured, bringing him closer to my body and picking him up much like a toddler, with his legs around my waist, head tucked under my jaw and arms wrapped around my neck.

“Damien I said I felt weaker, not that I couldn’t walk.” He laughed, but snuggled closer to my body nonetheless.

“Hn.” Was my only response as Uncle Simon got us our keys.

“Ok so two to a room. Zimmy and Kaspien you can be together and Damien and Sunny you two can room together, I’ll room with Xavier. Sound good?” He explained handing out our keys.

We all nodded and walked down corridor closest to us, Zimmy and Kaspien going into a room on the left, right next to that room was Uncle Simons and Xavier’s room, and next to theirs was Sunny’s and mine.

-Z-Z-Z-Z-

*XAVIER*

Simon ushered us to our rooms, wishing everyone a goodnight before herding me into our room.

It was a simple double bedded room. The wall to the right of us had two small doors, one leading into a closet and the other leading into a small bathroom. Past the indent of the bathroom was an old wooden desk with a simple wooden chair. On the left wall there were two twin beds, with floral comforters, and on the wall opposite the door was a medium sized window out looking the town. The floor was a rough oak as was the ceiling, with cobwebs criss-crossing in the rafters.

Walking further in the room I took a seat on the bed closest to the window, keeping my gaze trained on the night filled sky, a few lanterns giving light to the barren town streets.

“Xavier, are you ok?”

I whip around to face Simon; he was already down in his PJ’s which were sweat pants and no shirt. The moon was casting on his torso, lighting up his pale skin, small shadows on the slopes of his muscles. His obsidian eyes sparkling like gems, fixated on me, and his wild mane of hair was slightly damp, seeing as he probably just got out of the shower, black locks thrown every which way and ruffled, his blond and black bangs casting a shadow on the left side of his face.

“U-uhh, y-yeah. Yeah I’m fine just tired.” I mumbled, looking away from him.

I stood and quickly grabbed some night clothes and my toiletries before scampering into the bathroom.

I started the water for a shower hoping in, and letting the cold water sluice over the planes of my body. Grabbing the spring scented soap I scrubbed down my body before washing my hair.

Shutting the shower off I dry off, dress in a new pair of boxers, a baggy t-shirt, and loose shorts, and brush my teeth.

I walk back in the room, shaking a few droplets of water out of my hair and make my way over to my bed seeing that Simon was already asleep.

Lying down I let my gaze wander over the room and finally settle on Simon, his alabaster skin nearly glowing in the moonlight, his hair an array around his face and neck, his pale pink lips slightly parted to breathe in and out.

Feeling a light flush rush up my neck and into my cheeks, I rip my gaze away from him, chiding myself mentally from staring at him in such a wanton way.

He was my relative, well not by blood but he was still someone I counted as my relative, that and he was only a little younger than my dad! All of them! Oh and the fact that he was one of the most desirable bachelors in Laramie, so I really didn’t hold a candle to some people, regardless of my standing in society. I mean he could have anyone he wanted, he wouldn’t even stare at someone like me, he only counted me as a nephew just like Ishould only count on him as an uncle!

Huffing lightly, I turn away from him, keeping my gaze trained out into the night as my eyes grew heavy with fatigue before sleep claimed me.

-X-X-X-X-

*DAMIEN*

I awoke to knocking on the door, grunting I slip out of Sunny’s embrace and stumble to the door to see Xavier standing fully dressed and as stoic as ever.

“Time to get up we’re leaving in an hour and a half, get dressed, pack up, eat just be ready on time please.” He bit out before waltzing away to wake Zimmy and Kaspien.

Snorting I close the door and turn back to see Sunny sitting up and rubbing at his eyes.

“Morning!” He yawns, giving me a sleepy smile.

I flash him one right back lumbering over to him, placing a kiss on his forehead.

“Go take a shower and I’ll pack up most our stuff ok?” I mumble against his skin.

He nods, placing a quick on my cheek before gathering his things he’ll need for the day.

A smile stays on my face as I pack everything up, and wait for him to finish getting ready.

Eventually he walks out dressed in a black, white, and gray plaid shirt, with a dandelion colored jacket over it. Simple dark wash skinny jeans clothe his legs and dandelion colored converse cover his feet. His glowing burnt orange eyes are ringed with a light layer of black eyeliner and a light silver eye shadow making them pop out even more. His light brown hair was dry and swept to the left side, a silver ring looped around the right side of his lower lip.

“You look very sexy.” I utter, not removing my eyes from him.

Of course he blushes, and looks away at the comment.

“Go get ready.” He giggles.

Standing I gather my things, before doing as he says but not before I give a kiss to his forehead.

After I’m ready I’m dressed in a three quarter sleeved purple graphic tee with black skinny jeans, though they weren’t nearly as tight as Sunny’s. My hair was dried and swept to the right, two silver studs for my snakebites. A thin ring of blue eyeliner around my eyes to make my chocolate brown irises pop and simple black Chuck Taylors complete my attire.

I pick up our two duffle bags and walk out the door knocking on Xavier’s and Simon’s door to see if they’re ready to leave.

Of course they are and once we get Zimmy and Kaspien we check out and head into the van, with Simon driving, Xavier shot gun, and the rest of us in the seats in the back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I apologize for such the long wait, I've been super busy and this is the first weekend that I have no plans so I wrote! That and I had writers block.

The actual castle estate and the small towns and villages surrounding the castle are consisting of the UK, Spain, France, and Portugal. The castle estate is covering all of France. This whole area, (the UK, France, Spain, and Portugal), is the capital of Laramie called, Yaoguai.

Penanggalan is the country of Austria and Utukku is the country of Ukraine.


So that up there is just some extra info on the layout of Laramie, maybe help you guys understand where some of the places are.

So...umm....yeah! Here's an update hopefully this make up for the month long wait hehe...but probabaly not~! :O So~ comment and subscribe, and hopefully we can get more timely updates!