Don't Give up Hope

Chapter 7

Image

It's been a few weeks since that night and things just seemed to keep going perfectly. Almost everyday, I was at Ry's or he was at mine. It's like we lived at each other's houses.

Currently, we were lounging in his room. We were watching a movie, when Casey came in. He did not look good...

"What's up, man?" Ryan asked, putting the movie on pause.

"Tay."

"What about her?"

"She... She... We broke up." He mumbled, putting his head in his hands.

"What?" Ryan sat up, making my head fall off his chest. "Sorry, Mel."

"It's fine. What happened, Cas?"

"She kissed another guy at this party she went to. She seriously cheated on me."

"I'll leave you guys to talk." I said softly, leaving the room.

"Mel!" Kane came running towards me when I walked out back.

"Hey, you. What're you guys up to?"

"Shane and I are just skating." He said, picking up his board.

"You should join us, Mel." Shane said.

"Sure. Your brother's busy anyways." I said, grabbing one of Ryan's boards. "Show me what you got, Kid." I said, nodding to Shane. He smiled, before nodding. I had to admit it. The kid was really good.

"Have you done any comps?" I asked after skating for a while.

"I tried a few, but they're not really my thing."

I nodded. "Skating's more of a hobby for you."

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Hey, you guys want a snack?" I asked them, setting the board aside.

"Yeah! Fruit please." Kane said, smiling.

I've been here plenty of times, I just went straight to the fridge and pulled out some fruit. I was cutting the strawberries, when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

"Hey, Babe." I said, leaning back into his chest.

"God, I'm so confused." He sighed, laying his head on my shoulder.

"About what?"

"Casey and Taylor."

"What happened? Did he tell you everything?"

He moved my hair from my neck and pressed his lips to it. "I don't want to talk about it now. I'm just happy I have you." He turned me around and pressed his lips to mine. My arms circled his neck as he pulled me even closer.

"Well that's a lovely sight." Gretchen said.

I buried my face in Ryan's chest, heat rising to my cheeks. Ryan's chest rumbled as he laughed. "I'm glad you think it's funny." I mumbled.

"Mel already made a snack for the boys, we're going up stairs." Ryan said, leading me back up to his room.

I stretched out on his bed and sighed. When I noticed he didn't follow, I looked up. He stood in the door way, smiling at me. "What?" I asked confused.

"Do you know how cute you look right now?"

I looked at him confused. "And why is that?"

He walked over and climbed up onto the bed, hovering over me. "Because you are." He said softly, kissing my lips.

"How did I get so lucky with you?"

He smirked. "Oh, I don't know. I guess your just lucky."

"Cocky much?" I asked, laughing.

"You're gonna get it, girlie." His hands found my side and started tickling me. I squirmed around, trying to get away from him.

"You're so not fair!" I said, just giving up. He stopped and smiled. I took this moment to grab his arms and flip him over.

"Now who isn't being fair." He said, pouting.

I was about to make a remark back, when we heard yelling. I looked at Ryan confused when he sighed. "What's going on?"

"They're fighting again." He mumbled just as his door opened. We both look over and saw it was Kane.

"Come here, Bud." I said, climbing off Ryan. He ran over and climbed in between us.

"I thought they stopped." He mumbled.

"Me too, Bud." Ryan said, rubbing his back.

"Hey, let's go over to my house. I have a few new movies we could watch." I said, trying to get them distracted.

"That sounds good." Ryan said, agreeing.

"We can even make home made pizza."

Kane brightened. "Really?"

"Yeah. We just need to go to the store. Go get Shane and we'll head out."

"Ok!" He jumped off the bed and ran off.

Ryan pulled me back down with him and held me close. "Thank you." He said, running his fingers through my hair.

"I know what it's like to have your parents fight. I'm more than happy to get you guys out of here for a little while."

"I don't think you'll be getting rid of Kane anytime soon. Or me."

I smiled, kissing his cheek. "That's fine with me."