Status: Slowly Active :) thanks for being patient you guys :)

We're Headed for Heartbreak

Soak Up the Sun

Dean drove with Sam riding shotgun, windows down and a breeze ruffling the younger's shaggy hair. Getting Sam out of San Francisco was Dean's top priority. Popping in a Beach Boys tape, something far out of his "normal" range, Dean punched the accelerator, pushing him and Sam closer to their destination.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Malibu

Sam snapped back to reality when he heard Dean leaving the motel office. He knew he needed this vacation, but more importantly, he found himself longing for the real alone time with his brother. Damn it, not again Sam groaned. Dean signed the number 8 to Sam and walked around the corner. Forcing himself to move, Sam hoisted a bag over each shoulder and went off in search the room. Walking in the door, Sam found Dean sprawled on the bed. Bed. Singular. Well, this sure as hell helps things...Sam internally complained.

"Uhm, Dean...?" questioned the younger Winchester.

"Yeah, it was either this or the backseat of the Impala. Everywhere else was full," Dean shrugged, "but that doesn't matter. Get changed, Sammy. We're hitting the beach!" Sam chuckled, but did what he was told.

The beach was only a few blocks away from the motel, so the brothers decided to walk, taking off in wife beaters with towels slung around their necks. Hitting the sand, both Sam and Dean slipped their shoes off and spread their towels out.

"Soak up the sun, ghost boy. I'm hitting the water," Dean hurled over his shoulder.

Sam mumbled something along the lines of gladly, jerk before laying back, closing his eyes, and focusing on relaxing his muscles. Fully relaxed, Sam was almost asleep when a bucket of cool seawater was upended over him. The youngest Winchester shot up to see his elder brother, grinning like a hellcat. "Asshat, you'll pay for that!" Sam screamed playfully as he took off after Dean. Dean quickly darted behind the showering booths and food stands. San groaning when he turned the corner, his brother nowhere to be found. "Shit," he cursed. Skillfully slinking around corners, Sam searched for his brother. After checking around the final corner and finding no Dean, Sam stood out from the wall, openly scratching his head. "Where the hell did he go?" he asked himself. Sam was too late in noticing the figure flying at him. Pinned to the wall, Sam looked at the amused face in front of him.

"Boo," Dean chuckled.

I just wanna kiss that sexy smirk right off his face Sam growled. Whoa! What the hell was that?! Sam knew he'd admired his brother, but never called him sexy, much less admitted he wanted to kiss him. C'mon, Sam. Get your head on straight.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Dean watched from behind a sand pile as his little brother turned the corner, searching. Dean had barely enough time to register Sam mumbling something before he saw his time to strike. Hurling himself as fast as possible, he pushed Sam to the closest wall, pinning him to it. "Boo," he choked, barely able to contain his laughter. The look in Sam's eyes was borderline shocked and fiercesome. Dean knew the glint in his brother's eyes all too well. It meant revenge was around the corner. Dean also found the devilish glint a turn on. Dude, what'd you eat? Damn, Dean. You're straight. You like pussy. Girls. Not guys. Much less your own flesh and blood Dean thought. Shoving off his brother before he did something he had no control over, Dean said, "Dude, chill. Just playing around. Let's go get out stuff and head back. I'm craving a double cheeseburger, extra bacon, and a beer. You down?"

Sam's face contorted, "God, heart attack much? I'll stick to a salad, thanks."

"Hey. No dissing my food, bitch," Dean shot back.

"Jerk."

Clapping his brother on the shoulder, Dean took off toward their stuff, Sam following close behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah blah blah, excuses.
Blah blah blah, more excuses.
Blah blah blah, even more.

But, this is out. So, that's a good thing. Anywho, I hope the happy/upbeat brotherly love in this chapter somewhat makes up for the break in chapters. Please please please please please comment with your opinions/ideas/predictions. I really wanna hear what y'all think. They encourage me to write :)

Sorry, it's so short :/ I feel like I've failed y'all

Title Credit: Soak Up the Sun-Cheryl Crow

I'm gonna soak up the sun
Gonna tell everyone
To lighten up (I'm gonna tell 'em that)
I've got no one to blame
For every time I feel lame
I'm looking up. Oh, I'm gonna soak up the sun
I'm gonna soak up the sun
I've got a crummy job
It don't pay near enough
To buy the things it takes
To win me some of your love
Every time I turn around
I'm looking up, you're looking down
Maybe something's wrong with you
That makes you act the way you do
Maybe i am crazy too