Status: in progress

Pushed out of My Pack and Taken in by a Coven of Vampires, Now Ain't That Something

Party 2

“How could she still be alive? We asked Carlisle and he said that it was .00001 or something chance of her to be alive…” I stayed perfectly still and slowed my breathing.
“I don’t know Jake, I’m just as confused as you are right now.”
“Well she seems perfectly fine, she doesn’t smell any different, and she still is human so shouldn’t we be happy?”
“Yea Embrys right, I mean me an’ him have hung out with her the most tonight and she’s like any other female we’ve been with…”
“Yes, but I think we should still be wary”
“Fine, I agree with Sam, lets call Carlisle after this meal.”
“Fine fine but you all are probably worried for nothing”
“I hope you’re right but lets go to dinner before were noticed that we’re gone.”

I quickly started to move and took my plate filled with food and quickly headed to the living room and dinning room were everybody was. I smiled as I entered the room and made my way to my ‘parents’.
“Your daughter is stunning, did you every think of putting her into modeling?” Lilly smiled and laughed at the compliment.
“Our daughter is to humble for the modeling world, and all the models would hate her for her unnatural beauty” she looked at me and winked. I smiled at her little joke and took a bite of the cold pasta salad. I stood silently and ate.

“So, what made you guys come to forks?” I paused for only a second and continued making sure I watched Lillies and Aiden’s expressions.
“Oh, it’s kinda hard to talk about so I’ll give you the bare outlines. Lea’s father is at home dealing with a war, he is a duke and he didn’t want me or Lea to become involved so he sent us here, and Aiden is now my ‘husband’.” She let a small tear fall to make it seem more convincing. I stayed silent but put on a solemn face. I heard laughter turned and saw that everybody was laughing at Embry and Quil as they pushed each other out of the way to go get more food.
“Oh, I’m sorry to bring up a terrible memory.”
“I’m sorry I haven’t introduced myself I am Mary Quils mother, this is Susan Embrys mother and this here is Harry Clearwater. I think I can speak for all of us when I say you have saved a little girl that is like our own.” All three nodded and I just smiled and said any time and excused myself. I went to put my plate away but was stopped with I felt myself being lifted off the ground.
“Ahh, you are captive now you aint going anywhere! You must face the raft of Embrys killer hugs!” I just laughed at him and pretended to struggle. “Oh no! Not the killer Embry hugs! Will anyone save me?”
“Fear not dear lady! Quil is here to protect you!” I felt myself being pulled or attempt at being pulled from Embry. Soon I was being pulled back and forth between the two.
“Enough!” I hadn’t realized that I had been lifted till I was dropped on ma butt.
“Next time how bout you set me on the floor next time yea?” I said looking up at the two. They blushed and helped me up.
“Sorry about that Lea” I smiled at Sam.
“Boys will be boys; I guess I’m a new toy?”
“Yes, you’re our shiny new toy.” Every body laughed and things eased.

“Hey, I’m Jake sorry about before.” He scratched he head and looked awkward.
“Nah, alls good so don’t worry about it.” Soon the conversation started to flow and before we knew it I had to leave.
“Hey, you should visit us again, how about tomorrow?” asked a very excited Embry.
“I’d love to but can’t have to go to school and make sure I’m all signed up before school Monday.”
“Oh? What school?”
“I think it’s Forks High or something like that…” Jakes smile dropped and a frown took its place as he turned and walked out of the house.
“Okay, what was that about?”
“Oh, don’t worry about him; he’s always like that when you mention that school.”
“Ahh, okay.”
“…is that all your going to say? ‘ahh okay?’ you aren’t going to ask more questions?”
I shook my head “no, it isn’t any of my business now is it?”
“Okay, will you marry me? You are the only woman I’ve met that hasn’t tried to find out more. That’s a rare quality.”
“I am one of a kind” I smiled. “Okay, I really have to go now, call me or I’ll stop by soon. Bye” I bid good bye to every body and hugged Summer good bye walked out side and got into the back yard.
“Well that went smoothly” I nodded as we buckled up.
“I’m bushed, let’s go home” I stared out the window as we drove out the driveway and back onto the road home.