Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Dirty Rumors

This morning, I walked with Jenine and Kristen to school. They chatted and gossiped about stuff but I couldn't hear them. My mind was still stuck on the my first date with Alex. The beautiful carnival, the kiss, and our wishes. My wish was to become part of his song. A song he'd sing because he loves me and not because I was gone forever.

"Are you listening Rachael?? I'm talking about the scholarship Alex is giving out tonight. Or are you still thinking about your date with Alex on Saturday?" She snickered.

I rolled my eyes hearing them this time though my thick thoughts. Jenine sighed as if admiring something. "I wish I was on that date."

"Ugh. honestly Jenine, he's not ALL that great." I muttered.

"Oh quit trying to make me feel better. I'm alright, I've got one of the twins hello, and they're just absolutely gorgeous!!" She squealed.

Kristen finished her texting for the seventh time this morning. Jenine and I looked at eachother with the same thoughts going through our head. She's got herself a boyfriend. Why else would she be texting so much today?
****
Class was alright. The first bell rang for a locker break and everyone left the classroom except me. I stayed behind to talk to Alex about the scholarships. He smiled saying he included my name in it because I have a pretty good talent in the musical and visual arts program. I was pretty satisfied until the bell ran again, and when everyone walked back in, they all gave me the looks of hell.

Kristen and Jenine sat with me with puzzled look.

"What's going on?" Kristen asked as she stared at our hostile class.

I shrugged. "Jenine?"

"Got me I was in the bathroom." She replied.

Class went on of course. With the exceptions of the scary looks everyoen else was giving me, Kristen and Jenine.

"Why are they looking at us like that?" I asked.

Jenine looked around and then back at me. "They're looking at you Rachael."

"Not us." Kristen added.

Before I got to say anything One of the girls in my class stood up. Her name was Courtney. She was tall, slender with sandy blonde hair and green eyes. Alex stopped his lecture to see Courtney quickly strode over with a furious expression on her face.

"You s*lut!" She growled as she slammed a piece of paper on my desk. I looked up at her with a "what the hell?" look as she bent low to my face. "You slept with the teacher so you could get the scholarship?? What about us?" She waved at the rest of the class. "We worked hard to get in here! And you cheated by sleeping with Alex!"

I gaped at her with shock as the rest of the class continued to glare at me with more hostility than ever. Jenine got up and pushed Courtney out of my face. Alex ran up to us with just as much shock as I did.

"Hey, whatever you heard is dead wrong, I know Rachael, she'd never do something so devious like that!" She snapped angrily.

"Courtney sit down!" Alex said in a calm but shaky voice.

"Sit down freshman I'm not talking about you." Courtney hissed. "And you!" She turned to Alex with a teary face. "You're the worst teacher I've ever met!"

With that she ran out of class slamming the door behind her loudly.

I was about to scream right then and there.