Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Room A-2

"I ordered pizza if that's okay Alex." My dad said, smiling his usual at us as he walked over to his office room. "Smile guys, I mean you guys are living together from now on." As the door slammed, I could hear him laughing through the thick walls. Thanks a lot dad.

Still laughing.

God. It's not THAT funny.

"Psh." He spat as he sat as far as he could from me on the long couch. His cold hazel eyes staring blankly at the news.

I guess you could say this whole evening's been all but straight. When I met this guy at the orientation, I was all but oriented. When I found out this guy was going to live with me, it was past fucked up.

Gina entered the living room with a puppy dog stare at the both of us and then gave a cute smile. "Aw, you guys are so cute." She teased as she sat between us.

"Hn..." We both groaned at her comment.

****

"Rachel, would you like to see you room?"

I looked up picking up my bags with a grateful 'yes' face as he led me down the hallway. He pointed out the bathroom, the laundry room, the study room, and finally my room. My dad opened the door letting me peer in and I saw my room. It was plain. White, not much to look at really, but it was spacious. I set my bags in one corner of the room and smiled spotting a soft double bed with a large black blanket spread across the top.

"Thanks dad, I love it." Though a few posters could help.

There was a closet beside the bed and a computer desk across it. On the other side of the room was a door. I approached it, opening it slowly noticing another door but no knob.

"Oh yea, that's my roommate's room, some artist who working on getting a degree in arts and music." He explained as he approached the door.

"You have a roommate?" I asked quizzically staring at the white door. "Aren't you a little old to still be doing that?"

"Well he's more of a fan you know?" He chuckled blushing slightly. "He should be home sometime tonight, he also teaches at Westwood so you should meet him."

****
Ugh. Life sucks.

"Pizza's here!" Gina called as the front door closed.

We both stood up in unison and walked bleakly over to the table. Peperoni pizza with extra cheese. Well, this made me day. I guess.

Grabbing a paper plate, I took two slices before setting my plate at the table. Alex did the same before getting drinks. We both sat down and slowly started to eat. Gina stood and watched with amusement.

"It's amazing how you two are doing the same things together." She giggled.

We both gave her looks before she scratched her head. "Well you two enjoy, I'm going to get ready for bed now."

As soon as she left I finally let out a breath. Alex continued eating as I glared at him hard.

"I can't believe my dad let a loser like you stay at my house." I hissed.

Alex shrugged. "Right back at ya fugly legs."

My face flushed as my hands tugged on my skirt down. "You're not much of a teacher."

"Well, last time I checked I got off work at four." He said coolly.

After that we couldn't say anything more. After eating dinner I quickly retired to my bedroom. Locking the door I began to dig through my things for a pair of nighties. The one thing that really pisses me off about moving here-well the only thing that really pisses me off about moving here was the fact that I live with that a jackass next door.

I sighed as I flopped onto my bed with a huge scream into my pillow. Whats worse, my mom or the asshole? I can't tell. They're both a pain.

I heard light footsteps and the door next door open and slam shut. Music was blared on loudly in his room as more noises began sounding through. I turned over to stare at the alarm clock. 9:30pm. That son of a bitch better be light off soon.

****

"Holy shit Rachel, you look like crap." Jenine laughed as she patted me in the back. "

"Shut the fuck up Jenine." I snapped. My eyelids barely stayed up. I probably looked Chinese if I saw myself in the mirror. Ugh. Alex LaFag had the music on till twelve thirty! When I went to check on him he was asleep on his bed! For God knows how long but he looks a hell of a lot better than me! That jerk kept me up on purpose!

"God, did you forget about school today or something or did living with your dad and Gina scare you." Another fit of hysterical laughs.

Oh if only she knew.

We both headed to our assigned lockers. I walked over to Jenine dumping whatever crap I had in there. We decided on sharing lockers this year so we could be together more often. That and Jenine hates to go to her locker alone. We took out our schedules and headed into our assigned "stage". The school had 14 stages in all. They're like classrooms only larger with all kinds of equipment we would use for the class. Plus, we don't go class to class because of the limited space and the amount of students we just leave to go to our lockers and come back to our "stage".

"So who's are teacher?" I sighed as we continued to stroll in the hallway.

"..."

"Jenine? Like today?" I demanded, annoyed slightly by how slow her response was.

"Room A2 with..."

My eyes widened as we both entered the classroom. There was Alex, fully awake from a good nights sleep unlike me. His eyes swiftly landed on mines and for a moment I thought I saw him smile.

"Alex LaVaue"

Say what?