Status: Completed; There's a sequel if you're interested ...

Death Is Unpredictable

Chapter Three: Suicidal Puppy

Eventually, I left. But not before moving some of Dylan’s dirty blonde hair out of the way of his dark brown eyes, along with wiping away his tears.

“You’re gonna be okay, right Dylan?”, I ask, forcing a smile.

“Yeah, I’ll try. But where’d you get that fancy necklace of yours? You didn’t have that on when you died.”, Dylan asks, raising an eyebrow as he looks between me and my dead figure. “And how come I can touch you?”

“I came back to say goodbye.”, I say, walking into my closet and grabbing my iPod along the way. I pack up one of my suitcases, smiling nervously at Dylan.

“What are you doing?”, Dylan asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Taking some of my stuff. Since I’m dead, I’ve got nothing to loose if you argue, Dyl.”, I say, smirking. “Bye, Dylan. Take care,” I say, hugging him one last time before taking Kevin’s hand and walking through my wall. We then go flying up, to a silver cloud, with the rain gently patting against my skin.

“You gonna be okay?”, Kevin asks, as we reach the silvery-grey cloud top. I look around, seeing everyone over by a beach-like area. There was sand and a million waves.

“Where did that come from?”, I ask, raising an eyebrow.

“It’s the moister in the cloud.”, Nina says, smiling.

“Well, I should’ve grabbed my bathing suit from inside of my house.”, I say, smirking.

“Here, I’ll show you to your cottage. Elijah just made it.”, Nina says, smirking. “Follow me.”

She took me to a glittering cottage, that seemed to be made out of diamonds, at the edge of the cloud. It was simple, with diamond furniture already in it. I quickly changed into my bathing suit, walking out toward the beach.

“S’up guys,” I say, smiling as I sit in a fold out long chairs.

“Wow … Melody,” Ash says, smirking.

“What?”, I ask, looking down at myself.

“Girl, you’re smokin’!”, Jeremy says, smirking.

“Okay? You all need to get your eyes checked.”, I say sarcastically, closing my eyes as I lean back on the diamond chair.

“You should’ve seen them when Jolie and Nina came! They were like coyotes following the moon!”, Roxana says, rolling her eyes from over by the water.

“But they compare to nothing with Melody around!”, Eric says, smirking at me.

“Oh, jeez! She’s even got Kevin drooling!”, Jolie says sarcastically, pointing at Kevin, who glared at her.

“I wasn’t drooling,” Kevin grumbles.

“No, of course not. You were merely observing Melody as she sun-bathed.”, Nina says sarcastically, smirking.

“Leave him alone, guys.”, I say, smirking.

“Okay,” all the guys say together.

“Oh my gosh, Melody! Make them roll over and play dead!”, Nina says, smiling.

“Oh my gosh, you all are idiots!”, I say, rolling my eyes.

“Girl, just get ‘em to freaking roll over!”, Jolie begs.

“No.”

“Please?”, they beg together.

“Nope,” I say, standing up. “Now, excuse me as I try to find my way around.”

“We’ll help you!”, they yell together.

“Ahh, no,” I say, already heading toward my cottage. I quickly change into a white tank-top, and ashy-grey skinny jeans. I put on some black flip-flops, brushing through my blonde hair. Jolie was right! My reflection is much clearer! I think, smiling. I walk out the door, sitting by the edge with my iPhone.

I start texting:
Hey, mom
As you probably already know, I’m dead. This is my dying wish: take all of my stuff and put it in the front yard. If it’s gone, don’t worry. You’ll know why.
I love you. Goodbye!


Tears were streaming down my face as I wrote that, and I quickly stuff my iPhone into my pocket. I sniffle, wiping at my eyes desperately.

“Are you okay?”, Ash asks, raising an eyebrow.

“No,” I sniffle.

“It’s always hard dying, Melody. I had a little brother. I still think he’s around. He might be your age.”, Ash says, shrugging.

“I was an only child. But I had so much …”, I cry, tears gliding down my face.

“And to leave everyone you care about, without any goodbyes.”, Ash mutters.

“Look, I’m just gonna go get some rest. A lots happened … and I’m not sure if I can handle it …”, I say, wiping at my eyes as I stand up. I walk straight into the cottage, immediately pulling my knees up to my chest, and just breaking down. Sobbing and crying, tears pouring out of my eyes, streaking my face and soaking my clothes. I eventually crawled into bed, gently falling asleep.

♠ ♣ ♠

I awoke with the morning dawn beating on my face. And someone knocking on my door. I check my iPhone for what time it was, noticing how it was only six o’clock on this hot summer day. I yawn, stretching before getting up to answer the door. Jolie, Roxana, and Nina come in, immediately going through my clothes.

“Umm … ?”

“Kevin’s orders,” they answer together.

“I thought Elijah was in charge?”

“Kevin’s in charge whenever Elijah’s not around.”

“Okay?”

“Put this on!”, they say, throwing me some clothes before skipping out the door.

I roll my eyes, throwing the clothes onto the floor. I dig for a jersey t-shirt and some jeans. I quickly change into them, brushing through my golden blonde hair. I sigh, quickly putting it into a ponytail before digging for a soccer ball.

I walk outside, immediately playing with the soccer ball.

“Melody! We didn’t give you that outfit!”, Roxana whines as I run past her.

“I wanna play soccer. I haven’t been able to play for years!”, I yell over my shoulder, kicking the ball straight up into the air.

“Game over,” Kevin says, smirking as he catches the ball.

“No fair!”, I whine. I quickly run over, tackling him. I grab the ball, jumping straight up to kick it.

“She just beat you, Kev!”, Ash laughs.

“Heads up!”, I yell, kicking the ball toward them. Ash kicks the ball back, and I smirk.

“Ain’t it a little early for the hot girl to be working out?”, Jeremy asks, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

“Nope. I wake up to the dawn.”, I say, smirking.

“Joy,” Eric says sarcastically.

“Total turn off,” Jeremy grumbles, walking back into his cottage that seemed to be made out of blue apatite.

“Our houses reflect our personalities.”, Jolie explains. “Mine’s made out of charoite.”

“Yours is diamonds until Elijah gets a feeling of your personality. Then your eyes will change, too.”, Nina says, smiling.

“Cool,” I say sadly, frowning. I walk down toward my cottage, sitting at the edge of the cloud. I was just watching the sunrise, smirking as memories flooded my mind. Then I got a feeling, a feeling that I didn’t quite enjoyed.

“Kevin!”, I yell, running toward the center of the cloud. “Kevin, I have to get to earth!”

“What? Why?”, Kevin asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Dylan!”, I yell, feeling a hole appear below me. I fall straight through, screaming at the top of my lungs.

“You’re such an idiot,” Kevin yells, jumping through the hole. “Listen to the wind!”

And I listened, eyes closed. I felt wings on my back, as I soar downward. I land on the ground, smirking. I run down the street, toward the forest.

“Where are you going?!”, Kevin yells.

“To the forest!”

“Why?”, but I didn’t answer him. The truth was that, I didn’t even know why. I just knew I had to go there.

Once I got there, I witnessed a gruesome sight. Dylan had hanged himself. “Dylan!!”, I yell, running over to him. I jump up into the tree, untying the rope. He falls down, and I immediately hear him breathing. I jump down, sitting next to him.

“Melody? Am I dead?”, Dylan gasps.

“No! You big idiot! Why were you attempting suicide?!”

“Because I wanted to see you again!!”

“Dylan,” I say, tears filling my eyes. “Dylan, don’t. Stop,” I beg, sobbing.

“Not until I know that I’ll see you again!”, Dylan says firmly, jumping up the tree.

“Dylan!”, I sob, as he jumps down. “Dylan!!!”, I sob, jumping back up the tree. “Oh my gosh!! Dylan!! Stop!!”

“You stop!!”

“You can’t kill yourself!! You’ve got your entire life ahead of you, Dylan!!”

“Not without you!!”

“Stop!!! If you kill yourself, I’ll hate you forever!!”, I sob. Dylan stares at me, gaping. His dark brown eyes were wide, the pupils almost taking up his entire eyes. He looked so young, making me regret what I said. “Dyl …”

“I read what you wrote to your mom.”

“Dyl … listen, I just don’t want you dying … I’m not what you think I am.”

“Then what are you?”

“Just … don’t kill yourself, Dylan Ivan Chao.”, I sniffle, forcing a smile.

I stand up, walking away, I glance behind myself, hearing Dylan running to keep up. I jump straight into the air, listening to the wind as my wings spread across my back. I go straight up into the silver cloud, feeling the rain go through my hair and gently touch me.

“You were always apart of the rain, Mel!”, Dylan yells.

I lost my focus, and felt myself falling. I scream at the top of my lungs, feeling myself being caught by Kevin and pulled up into the cloud.

“Sooo, how’d it go?”, Ash asks, smirking at me.

“My best friend’s a suicidal puppy.”, I grumble.

“Dylan’s a dog?”

“No. I call him puppy, he calls me kitten.”, I say, shrugging indifferently.

“Aww! How sweet!”, Roxana says, sitting down beside me.

“Yeah, I guess. That’s how rumors got started about us dating. We ignored them, proved ourselves to the world.”, I say, smirking. “We became champion sports players. It made everyone back off. They were scared.”

“You kind of shocked me with that. Mind explaining what you played?”, Connor asks, smirking.

“What didn’t I play! I played soccer, football, cheerleading, baseball, softball, kick ball, dodge ball, golf, everything!”, I say, smiling at the memories. “Everyday me and Dylan would wake up at the peak of dawn, just to practice. It was so much fun! Until I got sick. Then he wouldn’t even go to school because I couldn’t.”

“Yeah, Elijah told us. He had been expecting you for awhile.”, Jolie says sadly.

“All he told us was ‘Melody Jordan Knight.’”, Max says, smiling sheepishly.

“But Nina saw you,” Jolie says, smirking.

“Psychic?”

“Yeah,” Nina grumbles, rolling her eyes.

“Well … this has been nice … but I’m getting hungry.”, I say, smirking.

“Ditto,” they all say together.

“Go beg Kevin to let us go to earth and get some real food.”, Roxana says, pushing me forward. “Look for the silver house, with some gold in it.”

“Okay?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the three commenters! You all really are what make this story so beautiful! And what make me so eager to get out each and every part!