Contagious Chemistry

Lover Or Brother

The drive to Huntington Beach was dark and quiet, only filled with the low sound of the radio in the background. Tears kept streaming down Ally's cheeks as she tried to drive safely. Her vision was blurry and she was like driving under the influence, but she tried her best to keep the car straight.

The sun was already gone into the horizon and the street lights lit up. The inside of the car was dark, making Ally's face hidden. When she was only two blocks away from Zack's house, she stopped a bit, trying to wipe off the evidence of her breakdown.

After she fixed her eyes, she continued her way. There were two other cars that parked in front of the curb, which she identified as Jack's and Rian's. Ally parked behind Jack's car and got out after cutting off the engine. Her legs were still felt like a million pounds after what happened back at the hospital's parking lot with Stephen.

After her lips connected with his, her lips tingled, wanting more of him. She shook her head to shake off the image of Stephen before knock the front door. A loud high pitch laughter was heard from the inside, followed by the rushed footsteps before the door swung open.

"Heya!", Dana grinned widely as she pulled me into her hug. "Where have you been?"

"Uh... Somewhere. I thought you'll be hanging in the studio with Pat and Lance."

She pursed her lips and rolled her eyes playfully. "Please, I don't wanna spend my free day with the guys I live 10 months out of the year with when my boyfriend only lives two hours away!"

Ally giggled at her friend's antic before she walked into the house. Dana closed the door behind them and followed Ally into the crowded living room. The guys were playing Monopoly, sitting cross legged around the coffee table. Casey was sitting in Jack's lap as she watched her 'uncles' play.

"Uncle Alex, you cheated!", Casey exclaimed with her high voice as she jerked her index finger to Alex, who sat across her. "Your dice said 5, not 7!"

Alex pouted. "You're a smart kid, aren't you, Casey?", he said sarcastically. Casey just stuck her tongue out in respond.

"Mommy!", Casey raised her little hands in the air when she saw her mother on the doorway. "Look what we're playing!"

A small smile crept onto Ally's lips. Her eyes watched her own daughter as she sat back on Jack's laps. Jack rested his chin on the top of her head as he now shook the cup of dice. It was true, everyone who didn't know is right. Casey does looked like Jack's. Ally sat down on the couch behind Jack, leaning forward to kiss the top of Jack's head.

"John got into an accident.", she whispered to Jack's ear so no one could hear them.

Jack leaned back a bit so he could listen to her right. "John who?"

Ally bit her lower lip, not knowing what to say. What would Jack do if she said it was John Gomez? "Uh... Gomez."

The cup of dice in Jack's hand stop shaking as he stopped his hand. He put the cup on the table before giving Casey to Dana who was sitting next to him. Jack stood up and left to the kitchen.

"What just happened?", Alex asked with confusion drawn perfectly on his face.

The others' eyes were now on Ally, who was still sitting down on the couch. She sighed before following Jack into the kitchen. When she pushed the kitchen door open, Jack was sitting down on a stool around the island counter.

"Jack...", Ally trailed off. She stayed near the door, giving Jack some space.

Jack turned his brown eyes to her. Usually, his eyes were the warmest brown eyes Ally ever seen, but now, they were so cold and hard. "Why's everytime we're in a relationship, someone from your past has to pop up and get in the way?"

"Do you think I planned this all? Do you think accepting to be your girlfriend before I had Casey was like a master plot?! I accepted you because I love you, Jack!"

Jack stood up from the stool but stayed on his spot. "Do you love me as a lover or a brother?", he asked sternly.

Ally gnawed on the inside of her lips as she was in a staring competition with Jack. Their eyes were too different. Ally's were the brilliant turquoise every girl would get jealous of, a resemblence to the clear ocean, while Jack's were the warm brown, which could get every girl who looked into them melted. They couldn't be more different.

She looked down to her feet when she just surrendered. Surrendered to the fact that Jack was right. She loved him like a brother, not a lover. "I knew it.", he hissed. Jack rushed past Ally out from the kitchen and left her alone.

Tears streamed down her cheeks again and guilt stormed into her mind and gut. She broke Jack's heart too many times, but he still kept coming back for more. Ally wiped her tears away and went back to the living room, where everyone were already tensed up from the situation.

"I don't know what the hell is going on right now.", Dana muttered with her arms crossed while she sat next to Casey, whose eyes were already drooping.

"Well, Jack just left like that.", Alex's eyes suddenly snapped at Ally's direction. "What happened, Al?"

Ally just stood there as her friends' eyes daggered her. "I-I... I need to go. I'll tell you all later."

She quickly took Casey from the couch and just carried her out to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, i'm sorry if this one suck balls,i really am sorry
The weather down here for today is; scorching hot. I'm fudging overheated in my school's uniform,which consist of white long-sleeved tunic and a long grey skirt,so... Yeah.
Anyway,comments/subscription?
<3