Status: Active. More comments mean more updates! :)

Forcibly Wedded: The Billionaire’s Convenient Wife

The Wedding

Anzu studied her reflection in the full-length mirror and wondered what the hell she was thinking when she let her mother choose her bridal gown.

A modern twist on the classic ball gown style, the ivory creation featured a flattering fitted bodice covered in elegant floral lace with a crushed crepe pick-up skirt and zip exposure on the back.

She would have preferred—and wasn't afraid to let her mother know—an elegant trouser suit for the occasion. But Kathryn Branden, God bless her soul, wanted her daughter regal and stunning on her most special day.

Jeezus. She looked ridiculous in the exquisite frock. Anzu met her own gaze in the mirror with a frown. She looked miserable.

"Don't chew your bottom lip like that, Anzu," her mother advised. "And try to look happy, dear. You're marrying one of the richest men in the world."

Anzu complied while trying to summon some enthusiasm for the event ahead. In fifteen minutes, she would be Mrs. Seto Kaiba and she wasn’t sure how she felt about that.

The door squeaked open then, sending her eyes wide as Liam stepped through. He looked very dashing in his gray suit and white shirt and tie. His debonairness reminding her very much of the blond James Bond.

The fair hair and vivid green eyes were enough in themselves to set most female pulses racing. Her friends had been infatuated with him, going from level-headed to giggling sixteen year olds whenever he was in the room.

"Liam, I'm so glad you came," Anzu began, going into his arms easily. "Was it bothersome to leave work at such short notice?"

His eyes had a wicked sparkle. "Wild horses couldn’t keep me from walking you down the aisle. Has anyone seen my father?"

"He's speaking to the minister," her mother responded. "I doubt there'll be a wedding the way your sister's been acting."

"She's nervous, Kathryn." Liam grinned—then stopped grinning and sighed. "Anyone would be on their wedding day."

"Then see if you can get her to loosen up," Kathryn ordered, walking to the door with a bitter little smile. "The ceremony begins shortly. I expect to see you both.”

"Do you think she'll post a guard at every exit?" the man standing beside her joked. "She must think you're plotting an escape."

Anzu just gave a silent shake of her head and sighed. An escape sounded heavenly about now.

"Okay," Liam frowned impatiently. "Kathryn's gone so you can tell me what's been bothering you."

Anzu looked away, staring hard at the bay view window. Her vision blurred and a scalding tear slid past her lashes.

Liam swore under his breath when another tear escaped. His frown growing black as she swiped two fingers across her cheek.

"I'm stronger than this," Anzu said thickly. "I'm not a crier."

"You are stronger than any woman I know," he swept her into his arms. "And you are a crier. You cry whenever something upsets you."

She made a face. "That's very astute of you."

His gaze looked over her head, beyond her. "Do you think you’re making the right decision? Marrying Kaiba, I mean."

She eased free and backed away, her smile shaky. "It's the only thing I can do."

"Does Kathryn know?”

"She thinks I’m in love. I'd rather eat my own tongue than upset her." Anzu looked pained. "You angry?"

"I was," he admitted, then checked the dial on his watch. "It’s time to leave. You ready?"

”Yeah."

* * *

The church was packed with fifty witnesses. Softly voiced murmurs and curious eyes accompanied her down the aisle towards the man she could see standing at the other end.

He was wearing a classic tux, hair swept back with only a few casual strands falling into his eyes. He turned to look at her when she came to his side. His lean, strong face was as hard as granite, but his eyes were gentle and she found it disconcerting.

Liam offered her hand to Seto, he took it, long slim fingers firm as they closed around her cold and clammy own. After that everything blurred, she spoke robotically, listened partially and braced for the kiss at the end which would seal their union.

The next thing Anzu became aware of was stepping out of the church and folding herself into a car which sped over to the reception. She drank champagne, circulated with her guests, pretended to be the happiest woman on earth, and smiled whenever someone mentioned Elian.

"If I smile anymore my face will crack," she told her husband whose hand remained a firm clamp at her waist.

The afternoon wore on with agonizing slowness. So when Seto bent his arrogant head to tell her quietly they were leaving, she could only sigh.

Saying goodbye to her family and awarding Sheyna her winnings took only ten minutes, then she was whisked back to the mansion where her married life would begin.

It was dark when Anzu found herself in Elian’s nursery. She watched her six-month old nephew chortle and dig his feet into the cot. She held him, played with him, and groaned with disappointment when an enormous yawn showed off his baby teeth.

She left the nursery when he was safely asleep, wandering down the lit hallways until she came to a pair of glass doors leading to a private terrace. This side of the mansion still lay in shadows, the red and white azaleas she could see were in full bloom.

Shucking off her stilettos, Anzu rubbed at the soles of her feet. The ring on her third finger glinting dully in the moonlight. She had never seen a pink diamond. The exquisite marquise solitaire winking at her, a surprise.

"So you are hiding from me."

In shock, she froze as she straightened, that rich, dark voice and taunting drawl alarmingly unexpected. Slowly, she turned. "I wanted to be alone."

"Tough." Seto’s fabulous bone structure was taut, the brilliance of his eyes raking over her, her beautiful gown and the way her mouth trembled.

"I—" she licked her lips nervously. "Can I have my own room?" Anzu didn’t even know she was going to say it until the words left her mouth.

"No," he came back smoothly without skipping a beat.

But then, she already knew that he would not grant her simple request, didn’t she? On that thought, Anzu met his eyes. His passionate mouth curved into a knee-buckling smile and her willpower went into free fall.

"I'm willing to salvage what's left of our wedding night.” A wolfish grin slanted his mouth now, and the touch of his fingertips against her skin had her faltering.

Her legs felt like cotton wool sticks. "I would like to go to bed. Alone." She left her stilettos outside, not getting very far before she found herself bundled in Seto’s arms and at their bedroom door. “What are you doing?”

"I'm a traditional man,” he stepped over the threshold and set her on her feet. "You need help with the dress?"

Anzu looked into those sexy blue eyes that were suddenly trained on her with great interest. She began to think things—things she would never mention in polite society.

"Could you unzip me?" she said reluctantly, spinning round so he could deal with the zipper. She took a deep breath and thanked him when he did what she asked, trying to ignore how he was pressed up against her.

He slid a hand over her hip and up the smooth curve of her back, over to her breast where a soft nipple pebbled in his hand.

Anzu pulled away, her hands knotted into fists against the bodice of her dress. "What are you doing?"

"Naturally, I'm seducing my wife."

"Don't."

"But I want you," Seto said plainly. He trailed kisses up the side of her long, graceful neck, dove in for a kiss when she started to say something. "Tell me you want me, too."

She opened her mouth. Closed it.

"Is that a yes?” he asked under his breath, his hands managing to shift hers so the dress could fall to her ankles.

"It's a yes." There was no point in being coy. He hooked his thumbs under her panties and edged them over her hips, their mouths connecting when he came in for another kiss.

There was something unexpectedly arousing being naked while he was still fully dressed. And the drugging combination of his kisses and her nakedness set her body ablaze with excitement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nice feedback is very much appreciated, of course. :)