Status: updating regularly (:

He Smiled at Me, Said "Just Pretend".

Vince.

I sat down, trembling at the fact that i was doing this.
"I'm Vince"
Vince... it suited him.
"Kimmy"
I felt reluctant to tell him my name. I hated it. It sounded like i should be one of those peppy cheerleaders that you see in bad American films. I was nothing like that. I was British, for one.
" You're art really is amazing, did you go to art school?" i asked him, generally interested.
" No, just ordinary, it's a hobby really"...

And we carried on like that for a few minutes, just banter about art, leading on to music. I realized that he liked kasabian, Nirvana, the rolling stones, Led Zeppelin and Guns n' roses.
After a while i felt a little more at ease with him. I listened to him more than i talked, i took in his smell, his beauty, his smile.
" Do you wan't to get something to drink?" he asked.
I wasn't too sure how to reply. I drank a lot a home but never attempted to get into a bar. I didn't know if i could do it, even though i looked pretty old for my age.
"Um... I have no...uh ID. ermm...."
"How old are you?" he questioned.
" Sixteen" I replied i thought he would mock me, taunt me, but he didn't.
"I'm nineteen.I'll get something from the off license. Wait here. " he replied.
So my guess was right he was nineteen, as i watched him walk away i realised how dangerous what i was doing was. I was in a park, with a man i had never ACTUALLY spoken to before today. It was now around four o'clock. and i was letting him go and buy me a drink. I didn't know if i should turn and run. But somehow when i thought of his face i knew everything was going to be okay, when i saw him return holding a bottle of vodka, a smile on his face, i calmed down a little. His smile seemed to make everything better.
"For you miss" he said, handing me the vodka. I took a long gulp, letting the liquid slide down my throat, it sent a tingling feeling shoot through my chest. It felt nice, i took another swig.
"Slow down!" Vince told me.
" If you drink it too fast it'll go straight to you're head. We'll have you on the floor before the evening is over."
His concern for me made me smile a little and i began to relax and handed him the vodka. He took a swig and put his other arm around me. It made me feel safe, the joy ran through my head and i couldn't believe what was happening. I was cuddled in a beautiful man's arms. Then a though struck me.
"Vince?" i asked, grabbing the vodka and taking a smaller sip this time.
"yeah?"
" You haven't.... There isn't...Are you seeing anybody?"
He did his half smile and stared into my eyes. I had to take another sip of alcohol to stay up straight.
"No." he replied, holding me a little closer to him. And i smiled and hugged him.

Just then the rain began to spit over the park, it was pretty empty now except for the occasional dog walker walking past. The clod started to get to me, the rain getting in my hair. " Shit."
"No worries, do you wan't to come to mine for a little bit?"
I thought about it. The idea of going to Vince's house appealed to me greatly. Yet i knew it was a bad idea, i was just about to say no when i really thought about it. Did i really have anything to go home to? There would either be my drunken mother, ready to scream at me for something or other or, more likely, nobody there. So in the end i agreed to it.
He threw me his jacket from around his waist. " I'm fine" i stated. " You're shaking" he replied, held my hand and began to drag me into the opposite direction to the way i would normally walk.

The walk lasted for around twenty minutes, we mainly talked about my school, and how i would be leaving soon, my family, ( i came straight out and told him about my mother) and my friends. Then i decided to question him.
" And you? Do you live on you're own or have you got family?"
Well, i live in a flat with my Mum, but she's usually away on business so it's just me most of the time. She sends me rent money and £200 a month for food and stuff. I like it on my own"
i nodded my head as we came to a block of pretty nice flats. You wouldn't think that a nineteen year old and his single mother would live here on their own.
" Mum must have a good job then?" i questioned.
"She makes money" he replied. He seemed keen to change the subject. I let it go.
He unlocked the door, and stepped inside.
" Welcome" he said. I stepped inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment (: i love to hear you're views. SUBSCRIBE!? and please check back for updates soon (: Thanks for reading xx