Heart of Gold

18 Years

18 Years \ Zacky’s POV
Chapter Five

My head rested in my hands as I sighed out in frustration. Gena was once again rubbing up the wrong leg. She wouldn’t shut the fuck up and she wouldn’t stop complaining about everything I did, nothing was ever going to be good enough for her anymore. It was ridiculous and I was so done with it. If Gena wasn’t such a bitch I would have married her by now, but she changed, but I think I changed too.

I’ve accomplished everything I have wanted in my life. I have the band, and a career, fame, fortune. I have everything I could possibly ask for except a wife and a family. That was the thing I wanted more than anything in this point in my life. I wanted to settle down and have a few kids, but I just didn’t know if the person I wanted to do that with was Gena.

If you had asked a couple years ago I probably wouldn’t have been ready for that commitment, but now I’m not sure I want to commit to the person who bites my balls off every flippin’ day.

I groaned out as my head lifted from the bowl of my hands. My head turned to the side and I saw the nightstand where I keep everything of importance there. Inside the top drawer was a black velvet box within it was a clear cut engagement ring. It reminds me of the joke Brian said when I told him I was going to propose to Gena. He said there are only three types of rings: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering. I laughed at the time, and then got really angry because he never thought my relationship would work; I guess he’s starting to look smarter and smarter every day.

Underneath that box is a small piece of laminated paper. I dug into the drawer and pulled out the shiny picture. I flipped it over so I could look at its front. In dark blue and black colors was a picture of my son. He would probably be eighteen by now. I had missed his whole childhood life and would probably miss the rest of it.

I looked closer at the picture to find the tear stain from the day I had received the news I would be fathering a boy. When I look back on those times I remember everything so lividly. I could still see how the sun shined on the tears that soaked Hannah’s face. I could feel the soft pressure of her hand as she pushed this small picture into my chest. I could see so clearly how she stormed away, and then that was all. I never once had a phone call, or text, or letter, email, tweet or anything from her again. I don’t even know if she’s still alive.

She could have died during the baby’s birth, or a freak accident. What if my baby boy hadn’t made it? I will never know, and shall forever remain in the dark. Hanna will always be the one that got away.

A loud banging at my bedroom door forced me out of my thoughts. I quickly shoved the picture back into the drawer. Gena always hated that I spent more time looking at that picture then I did listening to her complain. The banging continued and now I could hear shouting coming from behind the door. Of course I would recognize Gena’s shrill voice anywhere.

“Zacky get the fuck up and open this goddamn door! I swear! I will come in there and drag you out! Do you think I don’t know what you’re doing in there!? Besides some kid’s at the door for you!” Her shrill voice screamed, probably breaking glass in the process. I quickly got up and went to the front door.

There stood a teenaged boy with coal black hair that fell in his face. When he looked up to look at me he whipped his hair out of his face and amazing green eyes hit me, full force. His face looked exactly like mine; the resemblance was uncanny. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was like looking into a mirror that showed you to be the age you wanted. I, of course, wanted to be a young teenager, but in the old times when I still had my true love and I thought nothing would tear us apart. I was stupid and foolish to give Hannah up. She was the only one I wanted, and because I was stupid and immature I had let her slip away, and now I might have to marry the rebound.

I focused in on the present and watched the young man look around the house. I was starting to get really confused. “May I ask what you are doing here?”

“Sure you can dad,” he said as he patted me on the shoulder and walked passed me into my house. I was completely dumbfounded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey so I hope you like this story. It ends in about two chapters. This was never meant to be a super long story, just a short one.

Comments make me happy!