Status: Complete

Summer Air

"You said once was enough. And now you want to, make plans, hold hands"

My eyes widened as I gently slapped myself in the face.

“Oh God, what did I do?”

Within a few minutes, the two of us were walking along the sandy beach. I was following behind his lead, and glanced at the watch hanging on his wrist, informing me it was two in the afternoon already.

Patrick let out a sigh as he ran his hand through his curly blond mess of hair. “Here, let’s walk. There’s this nice cove not too far away. I can tell you everything there.

That was about fifteen minutes ago.

I swung my arms back and forth as I jumped into the soft footprints Patrick had left in the sand. I hummed the latest tune stuck in my head, which I was still yet to find the name for. I looked out onto the water, continuing my humming for a few more moments until I hit something. I fell onto the ground and looked up, seeing Patrick. He spun around with a tiny smile gracing his lips.

“We’re here.”

The letter “O” shape appeared on my lips as I shot my head from side to side, taking in my surroundings. I understood what Patrick meant when he was telling me how nice this cove was. Gorgeous would be a better descriptor. The crystal blue waters of the beach, washed into the sandy shores. There wasn’t a single person in sight, aside from the two of us.

I pushed myself up from the sand, but then stumbled; the rush causing my hangover headache to come out worse than ever.

“Here.” Patrick spoke, grabbing my hand to help stable me.

I gave him a smile, as we walked a few more paces, hand-in-hand. When Patrick came to a stop, I did too. I glanced up at his face, reading it. He let go of my hand as he sat down in a cozy area of the cove. I did so as well, sitting beside him, -with enough space between us, but not too much space either.

Patrick let out a sigh, and places his head in his right hand. “So where should I start?”
“The beginning?” I said, with a sarcastic tinge in my voice.

He looked over at me with a little smile on his face before starting.

“I seriously did that?!” Patrick nodded. “Oh God, I am such an idiot.”
Patrick shook his head, “No you aren’t. But what caused you to drink, that much?”
A slight wave of sweat washed over me. “Oh, I don’t know. Guess I just wanted to,” I paused, “Clear my mind.”
He nodded. “Just don’t do it again, alright? I was really worried about you.”
I raised my eyebrows, “Worried? Why?”
“It’s just, so many things could’ve went wrong. You could’ve got hit by a car, or got alcohol poisoning. Who knows what would have happened if I didn’t find you.”
“But...” I stuttered, “Why do you even care? Like I haven’t been the slightest bit kind to you, so what drives you to care...about me?”
He rubbed the back of his neck slightly before meeting his eyes with my own. “It’s just...” Pause, “The way you can just control a room, and how beautiful you are, and even though you can be like such a bitch and play people...” Another pause. “And how you act so cold, and uhmm...”
I jumped to my feet. “This doesn’t sound like it’s heading a good direction. Thanks but no thanks Patrick.” I turned on my heel and took a step back the way we recently came.

“No, Chevy!” He called out. “Wait!”

I turned slightly, seeing Patrick on his feet as well. And his hand in mine.
“I’m sorry.” He said. “I’m new with this stuff. I’ve never been a one person kinda guy; it’s all new. I’m not comfortable with this situation I’m in right now, but I’m willing to try it. I admit it, I have feelings for you Chevy.”

Before I could get a word in, Patrick’s lips met mine. Unlike our other kisses, it wasn’t lustful and strong. It was slow and caressing. He weaved his arms carefully around my waist, almost scared as if I would break. I brought my one hand to his face; cupping it, as my other one wrapped behind his head, toying with his curls. His lips were soft on mine, and pulled apart too quickly, leaving me wanting more.

Out of breath, I managed to spill out. “I have feelings for you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooooo, for Pat and Chevy, :)

I know this is short, but it's because it's the second last chapter. Wow. All that's left is the epilogue.

Tell me what you're thinking, :)