Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Newbies.

Mya O’Donnell stared up at her new home, sighing at the sheer size of it. Their new house was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, on the La Push reservation, and she knew people would’ve started talking about her family already. Not something she wanted.

“Hey buttmunch, you’re not going to leave all the bags for me, are you?” her brother smiled, jumping her out of her trance.

“Course not,” Mya mumbled, flashing him a weak smile

That was Mya’s brother Willem. More affectionately known as Will. He was only a year older than Mya, and her best friend. Moving around a lot because of their father's job meant that Mya and Will had grown closer than most siblings did, something which Mya had grown to rely on.

“Oh honey, you just have to see the inside of this place!” her mom gasped, beckoning Mya forwards.

That’s her mom, Carrie. Carrie had grown up in La Push, but had left to travel the world at 16. She’d vowed not to return to her childhood home, but over 20 years later, here she was.

Mya put on a fake smile and trudged into the house, carrying two huge bags and a cardboard box. She had to admit, the house was even more impressive inside, a true mix of old and modern styles. Just then, her dad walked past her, phone pressed to his ear and glasses perched on the end of his nose. Mitch O’Donnell appeared as a smart, hard-nosed scientist, but underneath it all, he was really just Mya’s nerdy father with a heart of gold.

“Myyyyyyya!” Will called.

“Yo bro?” Mya snickered, turning to face him.

“Race you to the biggest bedroom!” he yelled, running up the stairs.

“Cheat!” Mya cried, running after him.

Mya caught up with him easily, and ducked under his arm, opening the first door on the left.

“Hah! I win…woah!” Mya gasped.

Will’s jaw dropped at the sight of the bedroom.

“Totally my room,” Mya grinned.

“Fine,” Will grumbled.

“You need to get back in shape. Italy was no good for you. We’re going for a run, first thing in the morning,” Mya laughed.

“Sure thing,” Will grinned.

He affectionately kissed the top of her head, before leaving to find a room of his own.

[4 hours later]

Mya flopped back on her bed, exhausted after putting away the last of her clothes, shoes and other belongings. Then a knock came at the door.

“Come in!” Mya called, sitting up.

Her dad opened the door, sticking his head in the room.

“Hey possum, are you finished yet?” Mitch asked, smiling.

“Yeah dad, just finished,” Mya smiled back.

“You might want to get changed then – we’ve got visitors,” Mitch suggested.

“Already?” Mya whined.

Mitch just laughed, leaving his daughter to get changed. With a sigh, Mya pulled off her baggy jeans and grey long-sleeved t-shirt, wriggling into a pair of dark denim short shorts and a plain white tank top. Throwing her long hair up into a messy bun, she jumped into a black pair of flip-flops and left her room. She heard lots of talking and laughter as she walked down the stairs, wondering just how many people really had come over.

“Mya!” Carrie called, her eyes wide with excitement.

Mya hesitantly walked over to her mum, who was standing with two tanned-skin women.

“Mya, this is Nina Call and Sue Clearwater, my two best childhood friends. Nina, Sue, this is my 17 year old daughter, Mya,” Carried introduced.

“Isn’t she a pretty one!” Sue beamed, making Mya blush.

“Much more than your mom ever was,” Nina teased.

“Hey! I resent that! Anyways…weren’t you just telling me about your children?” Carrie laughed.

“Aye, Embry will be coming over with Old Quil Ateara’s boy soon,” Nina nodded.

“Seth and Leah are actually backpacking with Billy’s son Jacob and some of their…friends. They’re coming back the day before school starts. Seth’s the only one your age,” Sue explained.

“Oh that’s alright. Mya doesn’t really talk to anyone anyway,” Carrie giggled.

“I talk to Will,” Mya mumbled, blushing again.

“Did someone say my name?” Will asked, popping up out of nowhere.

“Yeah, I want a drink. Come with me,” Mya said quickly.

Will chuckled, looping his arm through Mya’s and leading her to the kitchen.

“How are you holding up?” Will asked gently, handing her a can of pepsi.

“Alright, I guess. There’s just a lot of new people,” Mya sighed.

Then the front door opened again, making Mya groan. Will laughed, grabbing her hand and leading her back to the living room. But they both stopped in their tracks at the sight of two really tall boys walking towards them.

“William and Mia, right?” one asked.

“Willem and Mya,” Will corrected.

“Well done, idiot,” the other boys snorted, punching his friend in the arm.

“I’m Embry,” the first boy introduced, smiling apologetically.

“And I’m Quil,” the other added.

“Nice to meet you,” Will nodded.

“We were told you’re our age?” Embry asked.

“I’m 18, like you two. Mya’s only 17,” Will said cautiously, narrowing his eyes slightly.

“And you’re obviously an overprotective brother type,” Quil snorted.

Mya blushed, hitting Will.

“You don’t talk much, do you?” Embry asked Mya, raising an eyebrow.

“Not really,” Mya shrugged.

“She’s just shy. Give her a few days and she’ll be a completely different person,” Will smirked.

“You’ve got two weeks before you start school with Seth and Collin – we’ll get you settled in,” Quil said excitedly.

“Thanks, I’ll need all the help I can get,” Will laughed, nudging Mya playfully with his hip.

She nudged him back, smiling slightly.

“I’ve got an idea of getting out of this shindig,” Embry said suddenly.

“Anything,” Mya said quickly.

“I knew that’d work,” Quil chuckled.

“As I was saying…how about we give you two newbies a tour of the reservation? It’ll use up a couple of hours at the least?” Embry offered.

“Sounds great! Let’s go!” Will said enthusiastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
The O'Donnells new house.
Mya.
Willem, Mya's brother.
Carrie, Mya's mom.
Mitch, Mya's dad.
Mya’s bedroom.

Yes, another story - but I had a good idea and just had to roll with it!
Expect lots of drama and lots of updates...I have a good feeling about this one =]
Comments?
xo