Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Closure.

A week later it was a Wednesday, the first week in May, and an anniversary Mya never wanted to see. Lila’s birthday. While waiting for Seth to pick her up for school, she sat in a ball on the sofa, the occasional tear making its way down her cheeks. Then the doorbell rang, but Mya couldn’t find the energy to open it. So Will did instead.

“Morning Seth,” he sighed.

“Morning Will. Is everything alright?” Seth frowned.

“Not really,” Will mumbled.

Seth frowned deeper, walking past Will in the direction he jerked his thumb. But a wave of sadness washed over him as he saw Mya crying. Running over to her, he practically jumped into a seat and scooped her up in his arms, holding her close and letting her bury her head into his t-shirt.

“Baby, tell me what’s wrong,” Seth pleaded, stroking her back soothingly.

“I-It’s Lila’s 12th birthday today,” Mya whimpered.

Seth bit his bottom lip, letting her return to burying her head in his t-shirt, crying more openly now. Seth heard a sniff come from behind him, and turned his head slightly to see Will standing in the doorway, tears pouring down his own cheeks.

“I don’t think either of you should leave the house today,” Seth said softly.

“I need to work,” Will replied, shaking his head and wiping the tears away.

“And we need to go to school,” Mya protested, lifting her head.

“You also need closure on your sister,” Seth said firmly.

Will and Mya sent a confused look to each other, not understanding what he meant. Seth noticed this and sighed.

“Look, after my dad died, it was hard on my family. Mom became colder, Leah became bitchier and I was way too emotional. But one day we noticed what it was doing to us all, and we decided we needed closure. It’s the same for you. Every time your sister is mentioned or something to do with your sister happens, you can’t get all depressed. I obviously never knew Lila, but I know she wouldn’t want you to be sad about her. She would want you to carry on with your lives and remember her in a positive light. You both need closure,” Seth said sadly.

Will took a deep breath and nodded, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

“I’ll call Jake to get out of work and then call your school to get the two of you a day off,” Will said, his voice wavering slightly as he walked out of the room.

“Me?” Seth asked, confused.

“You didn’t think I was going to let you leave, did you?” Mya sniffed, sitting upright.

“Fair enough,” Seth mused.

“So where do we start? What did you do for closure?” Mya asked, brushing the hair out of her eyes.

“Well, you need to talk to her. Ah…I know it sounds weird, but trust me. You’ve got to say goodbye to her, really, because she’s up there watching. You need to get out all of your sadness and anger and pain about her death, because it’s the only way you’ll be able to start healing,” Seth said gently.

Mya hesitated slightly, before nodding.

“That’s my girl. If you go and get that picture you found of her, the last way you remember her, then it might help,” Seth instructed.

Mya nodded again, getting up off his lap and ran upstairs. Seth ran a hand through his hair, letting out a shaky breath, remembering the day he had to do this. About ten minutes later Mya ran back down the stairs, clutching a small photo to her chest.

“Can we go outside?” she asked quietly, looking directly into Seth’s eyes.

“Whatever you want, babe,” Seth nodded, smiling.

As they reached the door to the garden, Will appeared behind them, clutching his phone nervously.

“Um, I’ll be outside in a few minutes. You can start without me,” he mumbled.

Mya bit her bottom lip but nodded, so the two of them walked out into the garden, taking a seat on a bench.

“I-I don’t know where to start,” Mya admitted.

“Just look at her picture. You’ll get inspiration, trust me,” Seth urged.

Mya stared down at the picture, smiling weakly as more tears filled her eyes. A couple of minutes later after much calming hand squeezes from Seth, Mya sniffed and took a deep breath.

“Lila. God I miss you, baby girl. I can’t believe it’s been 8 months. I remember the day we lost you. It was the worst day of my life. I didn’t know how I’d cope without you, I was going manic. We all were. We had to leave Volterra…but I guess you know that. This new place, the Quilette reservation, is amazing. The people are amazing. You’d love my boyfriend Seth. Yeah, I found a boyfriend! And Will’s dating Seth’s sister, Leah. He’s the happiest I’ve seen him since…since you left us. If only we’d been able to find out what happened to you. Oh baby girl, I miss your laugh, your smile, your hugs, your happiness, your energy…I miss everything. Not a day goes by where I don’t think of you. I just want you to know that I’m never going to forget you, okay? I love you, and I always will,”

After this Mya burst into tears, not being able to hold back any more. Seth pulled her onto his lap again, tears running down his own cheeks at her heartfelt speech. Then they heard a choked sob from behind them, and turned their heads to see Will and Leah standing in the doorway. Tears were running down Will’s cheeks, and he was holding onto Leah for dear life. Leah was crying too.

“Will, it’s your turn. You need to say goodbye,” Mya whimpered, shakily handing him the photo.

Will walked over to Seth and Mya, holding tightly onto Leah’s hand as they sat down next to them.

“I don’t know where to start, baby girl. Everything’s changed since you left. Mum and Dad used to cry all the time, Mya got depressed and I…I was trying to keep everyone together. I wish I’d kept a closer eye on you at that carnival – I wish I’d stopped you before you left. There are so many things I’d wish I’d done, but I know I can’t change anything. You were our little firecracker. I never got tired of your jokes, your crazy dancing or your food fights. Hell, I’d give anything to have you back right now. I bet you’re a beautiful angel. I miss you so much, but you’ll always stay in my heart,” Will whispered.

Seth and Leah let the O’Donnells go, allowing them to sit together and hug, staring at Lila’s picture. The four of them must’ve spent at least the next half an hour in silence, Will just rocking Mya back and forth, the both of them sobbing, while Seth and Leah looked on in agony, reliving the same pain they’d gone through over three years ago. But eventually, Will and Mya were able to stop crying, releasing each other.

“Thank you. Both of you,” Will mumbled, taking Leah’s hand again.

“What for?” Leah asked, squeezing his hand lightly.

“For being here with us,” Mya sniffed, wiping her cheeks dry with the back of her hand.

“We wouldn’t want to be anywhere else,” Seth soothed, wiping a tear she missed with his thumb.

Mya smiled and pecked his lips, before standing up.

“Where are you going?” Seth asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I want to frame this photo of Lila, and then I want to sleep,” Mya announced.

“I’ll frame the photo. You just go to sleep,” Will offered.

Mya glanced at him shortly, but smiled.

“Alright. Um, Seth…would you come with me?” Mya asked nervously.

“Where else would I go?” he mused.

15 minutes later, Mya slid under her duvet, having quickly changed out of her dress and cardigan into an old t-shirt and comfy shorts. Seth slid in behind her, wearing just his boxers, and wrapped his arms round her waist, kissing the back of her neck. But just as Mya began to drift off into sleep, Seth sighed, a sigh full of sadness. So Mya rolled over to face him, and frowned.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, reaching up to cup his face with a hand.

Seth closed his eyes briefly, placing his hand against hers, before he looked straight at her, kissing her palm lightly. His eyes held such grief that Mya whimpered, her forehead creasing.

“I-I’m pretty sure I know who killed your sister,” Seth mumbled.

He looked away from her as a sob choked up her throat. But Mya grabbed his chin, forcing him to look back at her.

“Who?” she whispered fiercely.

“There’s a very large coven of vampires in Volterra called the Volturi. They’ve been there for hundreds and hundreds of years, and they survive on humans. They call themselves, like, protectors or something, and sort out any vampires that cause trouble. But, they are normal vampires, and drink human blood. The girl you described that took Lila sounded like one of their highest, Jane. She was a young girl when she was turned, and could quite easily have coaxed your sister, because her face look’s like an angel’s. You said your sister was easily distracted by pretty things, right? And, normally they just dispose of the bodies, I don’t know how, but seeing as the search you started was about to go underground, where they live, that’s probably why they gave her back to you. It was a massive risk for them, but they obviously decided it was better than a massacre,” Seth said sadly.

Tears filled Mya’s eyes, her mouth scrunching up to stop them falling.

“Baby, I’m sorry! I didn’t want to tell you, but I thought it would be best if you knew the truth!” Seth protested, not wanting to hurt her.

Mya just shook her head, shutting her eyes briefly. Seth whimpered, knowing he shouldn’t have said anything. After a little while, Mya opened her eyes again.

“Thank you for telling me the truth. I…I’m glad I know now,” Mya said softly.

“I shouldn’t have told you,” Seth said miserably.

“You were right to tell me. I’m guessing the Cullens knew straight away?” Mya sighed, running a hand through her hair.

“Yeaah. Carlisle figured it out from what you said, and Edward knew from the images in your thoughts. I’m sorry, baby,” Seth said honestly.

“It’s okay. Like I said, I’m glad I know now. You told me the truth, that’s what matters the most,” Mya whispered, pecking Seth’s lips.

“I just wish I knew how to make you feel better,” Seth said defeatedly.

“Just stay here with me, please,” Mya asked gently.

“I’m not going anywhere,” Seth replied firmly.

Mya smiled and kissed his chest, before resting her head against it, curling up against his body. Seth just held onto her tightly, never wanting to let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lila

A sad one, like I said :(
Is it weird that I cried a little whilst writing this?

Comments please!
xo