Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Danger.

Seth, Mya and Collin were walking to Seth’s car after school 1 week later on Friday, but were confused to see Sam by the car leaning on Jacob’s motorbike. The fact that Jacob let anyone borrow his motorbike means it's serious. Sam’s grave expression made them walk faster.

“What’s wrong?” Seth asked, clutching onto Mya’s hand tighter.

“I’ve got some bad news. There’s a vampire in the area. I’m going to have to alternate one of you skipping school each day to run patrols with the rest of the pack,” Sam announced quietly.

“Why don’t both of them go?” Mya asked, raising an eyebrow.

Sam’s eyes flicked to Mya, his serious expression turning to one of pity.

“I’m not running the risk of leaving you alone,” Sam sighed.

Seth stiffened in anger, knowing exactly what Sam was implying. Mya whimpered when she realised, her hands going up to her mouth in horror.

“It-It’s the vampire from last time, isn’t it?” she managed to whisper.

“We don’t know. I’m just trying to be careful,” Sam admitted, not looking Mya in the eyes.

“I’m not leaving Mya,” Seth said adamantly.

“You’re one of our best trackers, Seth, we need you,” Sam retorted.

“Do you have any idea what it would feel like to even contemplate losing Mya? I’m not leaving her! Nothing you say can make me leave her!” Seth said angrily, his hands starting to shake.

“Seth, calm down. Remember where we are,” Mya pleaded, casting her eyes over staring students.

“I don’t give a flying fuck! Jesus Christ, if you were attacked again when I wasn’t there again, I would never be able to forgive myself!” Seth said through clenched teeth.

“Seth, man, chill. I won’t go to lessons on my days – I’ll guard Mya’s classrooms. Any leech would stick out like crazy. You know I’d guard her with my life!” Collin reassured.

Seth grit his teeth, nostrils flaring, his eyes flitting from Sam’s to Mya’s to Collin’s as he tried to control himself.

“I don’t like this at all,” Seth hissed, clenching his fists.

“I know, but it’s for the best. Alternating days for the patrols, we’ll have me, Paul, Quil and you on one morning, with Jacob, Leah, Jared, Embry and Collin in the evening. It’ll be vice-versa the next day. We’re going to take shifts on working at the garage with Willem. I’m getting the Cullens involved too,” Sam nodded.

“The Council won’t like them on the reservation,” Collin mused.

“I really don’t give a shit. I think what we’ve got to worry about is more important,” Sam chuckled.

“I’m sorry. This is all my fault,” Mya said miserably.

“No, it’s not. Don’t even start to think that,” Seth said fiercely, “it’s that stupid fucking leech. I won’t let him hurt you,”

“We start tonight,” Sam announced.

With that, he got on Jacob’s motorbike and rode away. Collin silently got in the car, leaving Seth to pull Mya firmly against him.

“Seth, I-I’m scared,” Mya stuttered, clutching onto his shirt briefly.

“I’m not going to let you get hurt. I love you. I promise you I will protect you with my life,” Seth whispered fiercely.

Mya just nodded, kissing him lightly before getting into his car. Seth growled in frustration and ran his hands through his hair, before getting in too.

*

Later in the evening, Mya was sitting on her bed alone, Seth having gone on patrol for a couple of hours. Leah was downstairs as protection, but was with Will to give Mya some privacy. Mya was too worried to concentrate on her homework, and decided she needed to talk to someone. And there was only one person on her mind. Emmett. Pulling out her phone from her jeans pocket, she scrolled down to his number, dialling quickly.

Emmett: Jello?
Mya: It’s Mya. I-I need someone to talk to.
E: Oh my God, are you okay? Jake’s told us everything that Sam told you. We’re coming down tomorrow to discuss patrols and stuff.
M: I’m scared, Em. I don’t know what to do.
E: Just keep calm. And stay indoors. There is still the possibility that it’s just a random nomad.
M: But what if they’re not? What if it’s the same guy?
E: It might not be! But…when we come down tomorrow, I’m going to see if I can match the scents Jake’s followed to the one I got from him. I’m the only one that got close enough to catch his scent at your attack. We’ll know by tomorrow.
M: What do I do?!
E: Carry on with your life! You’ve got to act normally, because if he is watching and notices something’s changed, then he might do something rash. Alice obviously can’t see the wolves, so sometimes the vamp flashes out of her sight, but she does get snippets of visions, because he keeps changing his mind. But they’re nothing to worry about at the moment.
M: Oh God, why me?!
E: Please, don’t cry. You’ve got nothing to worry about. The pack and all of us are protecting you. He’s got no chance.
M: Are you sure?
E: 100%.
M: O-Okay, thanks.
E: No problem. Now, get some rest.
M: Alright. G’night Emmett.
E: Sleep well Mya.

Mya hung up, placing her phone on her bedside table as she stood up. She took as long as she could getting ready, eventually getting into bed half an hour later after saying goodnight to Will and Leah. But she hadn’t been lying down for very long when her phone buzzed. It was a text from Seth.

I’m coming in xoxoxo.

Then her window slid open and shut, a tall figure climbing in.

“I couldn’t bear the thought of leaving you alone,” Seth whispered, kicking off his shoes.

Mya smiled and moved over to let Seth climb in next to her. He turned her over to face him, pulling her as close to his body as he could. She snuggled her head against his chest, smiling.

“I love you,” she murmured, kissing his chest.

“I love you too. We’ll sort this out, don’t worry,” Seth said sincerely, kissing the top of her head.

“Just don’t leave me alone,” Mya pleaded.

“Never,” Seth whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh oh...
Everything goes downhill from here :(

Comments?
xo