Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Birthday.

Today was another week later, Saturday 23rd May, and it was Mya’s 18th birthday. Since she didn’t have school, her family let her sleep in, Quil calling Seth to replace his guard at 10am when she finally woke up.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” Carrie, Mitch and Will yelled.

Mya giggled sleepily as she rubbed her eyes, scooting into a sitting position so her mum could sit down.

“I can’t believe my baby’s finally an adult!” Carrie squealed.

“Mom, it’s a little too early for squealing!” Mya teased.

“She’s been waiting since 6am to wake you up, possum,” Mitch chuckled.

“Wait…y’all aren’t going into your jobs today?” Mya grinned.

“Nope we took the day off for you,” Will grinned back.

“Aww yay!” Mya said happily.

“And you’re going round Seth’s tonight anyway, so we thought we’d try and get all the time we could,” Will added.

Mya raised an eyebrow in question, but the three of them shrugged, so she pushed it from her mind.

“Alright! Present time!” Carrie said excitedly.

Everyone laughed, Mya reaching for the first box. It was from her parents. Slowly she opened it, gasping as she pulled out a beautiful pearl necklace.

“Oh my God, this is so beautiful!” Mya gushed, “thank you!”

“Anything for my possum,” Mitch grinned.

Will rolled his eyes, laughing, and handed Mya his gift. Mya clapped her hands together excitedly, loving the day already.

By 7pm, Mya had changed into a casual outfit, wearing the bracelet Alice and Jasper had bought her. Will was driving her to Seth’s so he could see Leah, him just wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans. They parked the car, just talking as they walked up to the front door. Will knocked, and Leah opened, the two of them instantly embracing. Mya chuckled and stepped around them, reaching for the light switch. What happened when she turned it on she didn’t expect.

“SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Mya’s jaw dropped as she saw the entire pack and their girlfriends crowding in Seth’s living room, banners and balloons everywhere.

“Oh my freaking God, you guys!” Mya squealed.

Seth grinned, bouncing up to her and swinging her around in his arms.

“You can thank Will for this,” he murmured in her ear, pecking her lips after.

She turned her head to look at Will, him just shrugging innocently back. Mya giggled, a huge grin on her lips as everyone started coming up to her to give her hugs and happy birthday wishes. About an hour into the eating and drinking, Sam whistled sharply, getting everyone’s attention.

“Would the birthday girl please join me!” he called loudly.

Mya skipped over to him and Emily, the grin from earlier still on her lips.

“I believe we have yet to sing to you,” Sam mused.

“Don’t let Jared sing,” Paul taunted.

“Yeah, he sucks,” Kim added.

“Hey!” Jared defended.

Everyone just laughed, Kim squeezing Jared’s waist out of affection. Mya squealed as Embry and Quil came in carrying a huge chocolate cake, setting it down on the table in front of her. Leah came out behind the boys, lighting a match she found in the kitchen for all the candles.

“1…2…3…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MYYYYAAAAA,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!”

Mya grinned and made a wish, before blowing all the candles out.

“THREE CHEERS FOR THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!
HIP HIP HORRAY,
HIP HIP HORRAY,
HIP HIP HORRAY,
AND ONE FOR LUCK, HIP HIP HORRAY!”

Mya laughed, cutting the cake. Everyone cheered, Seth coming up behind her and wrapping his arms round her waist.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you too,” she whispered back.

Mya kissed him full on the lips, which he responded to passionately, raising cat-calls and hollers from the pack. She blushed and pulled away, still grinning. Then Sam walked up behind them.

“Seth, we’ve got to go,” he said softly.

“Already?” Seth sighed.

Sam smiled apologetically and nodded, beckoning the others on patrol that night to follow him. Mya’s grin dropped, and she looked up at Seth with a frown.

“You have to go?” she asked sadly.

“I don’t want to, baby, you’ve got to know that. The leech seems to have left the area for now, but we don’t know if he’s coming back soon,” Seth said sincerely.

“Gotta protect me, huh?” she said with a weak smile.

“Mya, I…”

“No, go. The pack need you,” Mya insisted.

She kissed his cheek, before walking off to find Will. Seth groaned in frustration, before storming out of the house to find Sam and the others.

*

The party was over at about midnight, and Embry was escorting Mya and Will home, it being his turn to guard her overnight. He settled himself outside with a couple of huge cushions and a large flask of coffee, assuring Mya and Will they’d be safe. But as soon Mya was inside, she burst into tears. Will wrapped his arms round her, muffling her sobs so their parents wouldn’t wake up, and helped her walk to his room, the furthest away from their parents room. As soon as he locked the door, he released her, holding her at arms length.

“What’s wrong?” Will asked worried.

“I can’t do this! I don’t want to live my life in fear of being drained of my blood! Maybe I should just let them come and get me,” Mya choked out.

“Don’t you dare say anything like that! I’ve already lost one sister to vampires, I can’t lose another,” Will growled.

“I can’t go anywhere without a freaking babysitter! I’m constantly looking over my shoulder in case I get attacked and I hate it! I just wish everything would end,” Mya cried out.

“Please, don’t be like this. Nothing’s going to happen to you!” Will pleaded, not liking her tone.

“How do you know? How could you possibly know?!” Mya shrieked.

“I don’t! I don’t know fucking anything! But I’m not going to let you give up!” Will yelled back.

Mya collapsed onto his bed, sobbing too hard to be able to stand up any more. Will pulled her into his lap, squeezing her in a tight hug, rocking back and forwards to soothe her, shocked that their parents hadn't woken up. He whispered comforting words into her ear, stroking her hair while she cried into his chest. Mya lost all sense of time as she let her fear, anger and sorrow pour out, and what felt like hours later, she sat upright, wiping her tears away with the back of her hand.

“You alright?” Will asked softly.

“Not really,” Mya sighed, sniffing.

“Do you want to stay in here tonight?” Will offered.

“Mm, please,” Mya mumbled, yawning.

Will smiled, kicking his shoes off as Mya did the same. Will turned the light off before they laid down together in Will’s bed, Mya resting her head on her brother’s chest like she did when she was younger.

“Love you Will,” she whispered, closing her eyes.

“Love you too, Mya. I might not be a wolf, but I can still keep you safe,” Will whispered back.

Mya giggled softly, making Will smile as he closed his eyes too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mya's birthday outfit

Uh oh, looks like Mya's starting to crack...
Let's hope Seth can keep her together!

Comments please! Thanks to everyone that comments regularly =]
xo