Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Protection.

“Adios Mya!” Hayden said loudly.

“Adios Hayden,” Mya laughed, waving.

Mya smiled as she left her Spanish class, slipping her hand into Seth’s as she met him in the corridor. It was another week later now, and the last week of May, a Wednesday.

“How was class?” Seth asked with a smiled, starting to walk with her.

“It was so much fun! We learnt about festivals and parties!” Mya giggled, “How was music?”

“We listened to some Bartok, not quite as fun,” Seth chuckled.

“Aww poor baby,” Mya teased, nudging him with her hip.

Seth nudged her back, pushing open the door to the canteen. They both got their food and sat down at the normal small table in the corner.

“I miss Collin. I miss all three of us sitting together,” Mya sighed, staring at the empty chair.

“I know, but this is the only way we can keep you safe,” Seth said softly, “and besides, we get more time alone now,”

Mya nodded and pecked Seth’s lips in a short kiss, before picking up her sandwich. The two of them talked for a while about their plans for the weekend, until Seth’s phone rang. He smiled apologetically and answered it.

“Hello? Edward? What’s wrong?…No…No freaking way…No!…We’re coming now,”

Mya didn’t have time to squeak before Seth grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the canteen. The two of them ran out of the school building, Seth quickly pushing her into his car.

“What’s going on?” Mya asked worriedly.

“We have to get to the Cullens. Now,” Seth said shortly.

And with that he screamed out of the parking lot. 30 minutes later, Seth pulled up outside the Cullen’s house. He cut the engine, jumped out the car and pulled Mya to the front door.

“Seth, you’re hurting me,” Mya winced.

Seth let go of her arm, and rang the doorbell. Instantly Rosalie opened the door and pulled Mya into a hug.

“What is going on?!” Mya exasperated.

Seth growled slightly so Rosalie stepped back, leading the two of them in silence to the living room. Every Cullen apart from Carlisle was sitting in there, Alice looking distressed.

“We got here as quick as we could,” Seth apologised.

“Carlisle will be here once he’s done with one last surgery,” Esme added.

“Would something just tell me what the hell is going on!” Mya yelled.

Everyone turned their gaze on her, and a wave of calmness washed over her body.

“Don’t mess with me, Jazz, not now. Why did I get pulled out of school to see you all looking worried?” Mya asked irritably.

“Alice had another vision. And this time it isn’t changing,” Edward said softly.

“But it was an incomplete one,” Bella added.

“What?” Mya asked, surprised.

“The vampire that originally attacked you is with two others. All male. Because of the fact I can’t see any future to do with shapeshifters, I only saw them driving with you in a car. That could mean they’ve hired, stolen or bought a car and are planning on using it. That’s all I can see,” Alice said softly

The last thing Mya remembered was her world going black.

*

Mya slipped into consciousness, confused to where she was, but didn’t open her eyes because she heard loud voices arguing.

“There is no fucking way I am letting Mya out of my sight!” Seth growled.

“We need you for patrols,” Sam insisted.

“And Mya needs to keep calm,” Rosalie added.

“What she needs is protection from those three leeches that are going to kidnap her!” Seth snapped.

“And she’ll get it! What do you think we are – sacks of potatoes?” Emmett sneered.

“I’m not leaving her and that is final,” Seth snarled, his hands shaking slightly.

“Alright, Seth, calm down,” Carlisle urged, “Mya needs to be safe and at the moment this is the safest place for her,”

“We can’t have you or Jake, or anyone in your pack around for at least today, or I won’t be able to see if they’re coming,” Alice explained.

Seth growled in frustration before storming out of the house. Then Mya felt someone tap the back of her hand.

“You can open your eyes now,” Edward whispered.

Mya blushed as she did so, seeing only Edward and Jasper sitting on the floor beside her.

“You knew I was awake, didn’t you?” Mya mumbled.

“As soon as your peaceful sleep turned to worry,” Jasper grinned.

“What happened?” Mya asked, raising an eyebrow.

“You passed out. Luckily Carlisle got home about 10 minutes after so he was able to treat your wrist,” Edward smiled.

Mya lifted up her hands, sighing as she saw her left hand and wrist wrapped up in a bandage.

“What did I do?” Mya frowned.

“As you fell, you landed on your wrist. It’s only sprained though,” Jasper reassured.

“Trust me,” Mya snorted.

Just then Emmett, Rosalie, Bella and Renesmee walked back into the living room.

“How’s the patient?” Emmett asked softly, crouching down to the sofa Mya was lying on.

“Could be better. Seth’s not happy, huh?” Mya sighed.

“Not really. Sam had to go after him,” Bella said with an apologetic smile.

“But at least you’re staying here for today!” Emmett said cheerfully.

“My parents will probably flip out,” Mya groaned.

“Nah, Carlisle’s calling them now. You only passed out for 2 hours, so your school day wouldn’t have even ended yet,” Rosalie smiled.

“Everything’s gonna be crazy from now on, isn’t it?” Mya said sadly.

“Most likely. But at least we know what they look like,” Alice nodded.

Mya’s face crumpled in a mixture of fear and sadness, so Renesmee jumped to her feet.

“I’ll go and help Esme with the brownies. They’ll make you feel better,” she announced.

Bella went with Renesmee to the kitchen, Jasper calming Mya down.

“Please don’t ever leave me alone,” Mya begged.

“That we promise,” Emmett said firmly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh.
This can't be good, right?
5 chapters left!

Comments? =]
xo