Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Smother.

Two weeks passed and Mya still wasn’t talking to Seth. She very rarely responded to anything he said or did, still mad at him for smothering her, cussing at her and generally being an ass. Seth, on the other hand, was slowly getting more and more depressed. Because of the imprinting, it seemed to hurt him more every time Mya ignored him, his anguish making the rest of the pack irritable too.

Today was a Tuesday, and Seth’s day in school. He arrived at Mya’s house at his normal time to pick her up, only to have Will open the door.

“Where is she?” Seth asked as calmly as he could.

“She left about 10 minutes ago with some boys, one called Hayden,” Will said apologetically.

Seth growled and stormed back to his car. He sped into school, anger flaring inside him when he saw Mya with Hayden, and his friends Matt, Scott and Liam. He hated seeing her laugh and smile with them, when there was nothing he could seem to do to get her to do that with him. So instead he stood outside his car, glaring and mentally seething at the small group crowded around Matt’s car.

Liam nudged Mya when he noticed Seth, making Mya turn her head. Their eyes locked instantly, both of them staring each other down. Scott leant down, whispering something in her ear, which she smiled and nodded at. Mya rolled her eyes as she saw Seth stiffen at Hayden helping her off the hood of Matt’s car, starting to walk into school with them.

Seth followed them, keeping a short distance. He knew he didn’t have any classes with Mya this morning, meaning he wouldn’t have a chance to confront her.

3 hours later, lunchtime, Seth walked into the canteen, his eyes scanning desperately for Mya. Thankfully, she was still with Hayden and his friends. Seth started to talk over to them, but was confused when Hayden started walking over to him instead. Seth stood as broadly as he could to intimidate Hayden as the shorter boy stopped in front of him.

“Outside, yeah?” Hayden said quietly, craning his neck slightly.

Seth grit his teeth, looking over to Mya. She just stared at him blankly, raising an eyebrow. Seth scowled and looked back down at Hayden.

“Fine,” he muttered.

Hayden and Seth left the canteen, walking outside the school building to a deserted area.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Seth snarled.

“I’m looking after my friend. Mya doesn’t want to talk to you, get that in your thick head,” Hayden shrugged.

“Who are you to say that?” Seth spat, narrowing his eyes.

“I’m the one she rang up because you and your freakish group of friends are smothering her. We’ve all seen you lot circling her after school. She’s fed up with it and I can’t blame her,” Hayden said calmly.

“You don’t know anything,” Seth said angrily.

“No, you’re right – I don’t. But as long as Mya doesn’t want to talk to you, then I’m there for her. Don’t make this worse for yourself,” Hayden said simply.

And with that, Hayden walked back into school. Seth roared in frustration and punched the wall, sending bricks and dust flying, leaving a sizeable hole.

Mya had watched Hayden and Seth leave and canteen, and watched Hayden come back in alone. She couldn’t help but feel a little guilty for abandoning Seth, regardless of how angry she was with him. The blur of anger, sorrow and guilt swirled around her head, making her frown slightly. So when Hayden sat down, Mya stood up.

“What’s wrong?” Hayden asked immediately.

“I’m getting a bit of a migraine. Um, I don’t want it getting worse, so I might just go home,” Mya lied.

“Do you want a lift?” Matt asked.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll just ring my brother. Could you tell Coach Tilley I won’t be at practice?” Mya asked.

“Sure thing,” Hayden nodded, Scott, Liam and Matt nodding too.

“Thanks, see you tomorrow,” Mya said with a smile.

The boys waved so Mya walked out to the school office.

“How can I help you, Miss O’Donnell?” the secretary asked.

“I’m feeling a little woozy from the aftermath of my sprained wrist. Dr Cullen in Forks said to go home and rest if that happened,” Mya lied.

“Oh yes, well we don’t want you getting ill. I’ll inform your teachers for this afternoon,” the secretary said with a smile.

“Thank you,” Mya said softly.

She walked out of the school building and pulled out her phone, scrolling down to Will’s number.

Will: Mya? What’s wrong?
Mya: Nothing. I just…would you come and pick me up?
Will: Sure, I’ll be there in 10 minutes.

Mya hung up and put the phone back in her jeans pocket. She sat down on the front steps, placing her bag by her feet, and closed her eyes briefly.

“You know I’m coming with you,” a familiar voice said softly.

“Fuck off, Seth,” Mya muttered, opening her eyes.

“No. What the hell were you thinking this morning?! You could’ve been attacked and no-one would’ve been there to help you!” Seth said angrily.

“Seth, just leave me alone, alright? I haven’t had any personal space for the last month and I want some…so just go away,” Mya retorted.

“No, Mya, I love you and I’m not going to put you in danger,” Seth said firmly.

Mya didn’t answer, just sitting in silence. Seth sat beside her, determined to get her to talk. A few minutes later, Will’s car pulled up, Forever The Sickest Kids blaring from the speakers. In silence Mya got into his car, not even looking at Seth. Will sent Seth a sympathetic look before driving off.

Later in the evening, when both Mya’s parents were home, Seth was sitting with Will in the living room. Mya had gone straight up to her bedroom when Will had dropped her home, and hadn’t come down since.

“So…is anyone going to tell me what’s wrong with my daughter?” Mitch asked randomly.

“Don’t look at me, no-one’s telling me anything,” Carrie shrugged.

“Nothing’s wrong,” the boys mumbled.

“Don’t lie to me, Willem,” Mitch said sharply.

“Fine. Seth and Mya are having an argument,” Will sighed.

“What?!” Carrie and Mitch shrieked.

“Mya doesn’t like how protective I am of her with the murderers getting closer. I’m just worried about her, but she doesn’t like it, and therefore isn’t speaking to me,” Seth explained.

“Is that the whole story?” Carrie asked sceptically.

“Yes ma’am,” Seth nodded, hating having to lie.

“Alright. I’m not happy with her being upset, but if you’re telling the truth, then you’ll just have to wait for her to get over it,” Carrie replied.

“If I find out there’s more to this, I won’t be very happy,” Mitch warned.

“I’m just trying to look after your daughter, Sir,” Seth said honestly, “I want to keep her safe,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Mya...when will you realise that Seth's trying to protect you?
*sigh*
The next one is dramatic, I promise you!

Comments?
xo