Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Nervous.

Monday morning rolled around, meaning Mya was waiting for Seth at half 8 as usual. Today it was only drizzling rain, so she had on a black denim skirt and a green jumper, her hair in a half-ponytail. She’d just finished brushing her teeth and was walking downstairs when the doorbell rang.

“Bye mom! Bye Will!” Mya called, smiling at the grunts she got in response.

She opened the front door, smiling when she saw Seth.

“Morning beautiful, ready to go?” Seth grinned.

Mya blushed and nodded, picking up her keys and bag. The two of them got into Seth’s car, sitting in a peaceful silence as he started the engine and zoomed off. Mya noticed his fingers were drumming the steering wheel more than usual, and frowned slightly.

“Are you alright?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’ve got the prettiest girl in La Push in my car, why wouldn’t I be?” Seth flirted.

“You’re acting nervous,” Mya laughed, rolling her eyes.

“Oh, um, I didn’t think you’d notice,” Seth hesitated.

A silence fell between them again, this time not so comfortable. Seth cleared his throat, and took a deep breath.

“Mya, um, I was wondering…would you go on a date with me?” Seth asked, smiling hopefully.

“You want to go on a date with me?” Mya asked, surprised.

Seth just nodded, keeping his eyes on the road in fear of rejection. But Mya smiled, struggling to refrain from squealing.

“I’d love to,” she said happily.

“Great! Um, I’ll pick you up at 7, on Friday night?” Seth suggested.

“Alright,” Mya smiled.

*

That night Sam, Seth, Leah, Embry, Quil, Paul, Jared, Collin and Jacob were all in Jacob’s house, Billy having left to give them all room. Emily was having a few family members over so that’s why they weren’t in Sam’s house.

“So you’re finally getting it on with Mya?” Embry laughed.

“No, I asked her on a date,” Seth scowled.

“Aww, our little Seth is growing up!” Quil cooed teasingly.

“Cut it out,” Leah snapped.

Seth smiled gratefully at his sister as the others shut up.

“At least his imprint is his age,” Paul smirked at Jacob and Quil.

Jacob just growled, still not comfortable with Paul imprinting on his sister, even after two years.

“Where are you taking Mya?” Leah asked curiously.

“I’m not telling any of you,” Seth shrugged.

“We’ll know when you change,” Collin smirked.

“Maybe I won’t change then,” Seth retorted, starting to shake a little.

“Alright, calm down. No-one’s going to force anything out of Seth, am I clear?” Sam said sharply.

Everyone sighed, but nodded.

“Ruin our fun,” Collin muttered.

“I think I’d rather protect our secret from passerbys that are staring in than let you guys have your fun,” Sam mused.

The whole pack pulled faces at their Alpha, only making him laugh.

“If you need any help with anything on your date, I’m sure Emily would love to give you advice,” Sam told Seth.

“Why not you?” Seth frowned.

“Eh, I’m not the most romantic person. Hell, none of you guys are, so Emily is your best bet,” Sam explained.

“Before Nessie I didn’t need romance to get girls so don’t listen to Uley,” Jacob smirked.

“And now your ego’s huge!” Leah muttered teasingly.

Jacob just grinned, punching her lightly in the arm. She punched him back, only harder.

“Well I’m babysitting Clare in a couple of minutes, so I’m out,” Quil announced, standing up.

“And we’ve got to go have dinner with our mom and her new boyfriend,” Leah added, nudging Seth to get up.

“Alright, later,” Sam nodded.

Jacob, Paul, Jared, Collin and Embry did the same.

“Later guys!” Seth called, waving.

*

Friday night rolled around quickly, and at about ten minutes to 7, Mya was standing in front of her mirror, mom by her side.

“You look gorgeous, darling,” Carrie said honestly.

“Thanks mum,” Mya said shyly.

She was wearing a white strap dress with flowers on, white pumps, a black tie-up cardigan and her grandmother’s necklace. With a final sweep of cherry lip balm, Mya shoved it in her purse with her keys and cellphone, and started to head downstairs. She rolled her eyes when she saw her dad and Will standing by the door, waiting for the bell to ring. Unfortunately it did before Mya got there, meaning her dad opened the door instead. He jumped at Seth’s 6ft 7 height, but put on his intimidating face anyway, Will folding his arms over his chest.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Mr O’Donnell,” Seth smiled, “Hey Will,”

“Hah, you two suck at intimidating!” Carrie laughed.

Mya groaned in embarrassment, running her fingers through her loosely curled hair.

“Ready to go, Mya?” Seth asked softly.

“Yeah,” she nodded, smiling.

Seth took her hand in his, linking their fingers together as they walked to his car.

“Have her back by 10!” Mitch yelled.

“Don’t be silly, Mitchell!” Carried scolded, “have her back by 12!”

Seth chuckled, opening the car door for Mya before getting in the other side. He started the engine and sped off.

“You look amazing,” Seth said softly, smiling broadly.

“Thanks, you too. So where are we going tonight?” Mya asked curiously.

“Picnic on the beach,” Seth grinned.

“Great! I’m starving!” Mya said happily.

“I was thinking about a romantic sunset, but sure, food’s important too,” Seth teased.

Mya just giggled and blushed, making Seth smile as he linked their fingers back together.

20 minutes later, they got out of Seth’s car and started walking along the beach hand-in-hand, holding their shoes. Mya gasped at the sight of a blanket and picnic basket laid out in the sand, a big smile spreading across her lips.

“We’ve got about a minute till the sun sets, so get yourself comfy,” Seth said warmly, taking her shoes and purse for her.

Mya bit her bottom lip out of happiness, sitting down next to Seth on the blanket. Just as he held her hand again, the sun started to go down, brilliant jets of pink, purple and orange light shining. Mya gasped again, making Seth chuckle and squeeze her hand. A couple of minutes later, when there was barely any light left, Seth turned his head to Mya, smiling down at her.

“How about we start the food then?” he asked cheerfully.

They finished eating 3 hours later, and looked out at the starlit sky in a happy silence. But then Mya started shivering slightly from the dropping temperature. So Seth moved to sit right next to her, and slid his arm round her waist, pulling her against his body.

“Thanks. You’re like my own personal radiator,” Mya giggled, smiling gratefully.

“I could be, you know,” Seth said softly.

“Huh?” Mya asked, looking up at him.

Seth took a deep breath, before looking down at the girl in his arms.

“Mya, I really like you…And I was hoping you like me too…Will you be my girlfriend?” Seth asked, smiling.

She bit her bottom lip, nodding.

“Yes, of course I will,” she whispered with a smile back.

Seth grinned, leaning his head down to hers. Their lips brushed softly, before Seth kissed her tenderly, cupping her face with a hand. Mya kissed him back slowly, nervous about messing up. After a minute of two, Seth pulled away, stroking her cheek with his thumb.

“I’m sorry,” Mya said softly.

“For what?” Seth asked, confused.

“I-I’ve never kissed anyone before,” Mya replied, embarrassed.

“You didn’t show it – obviously you’re a natural,” Seth said honestly, smiling.

Mya blushed again, making Seth chuckle.

“You’re so adorable when you blush,” he mused.

“I blush wayyy too much. I hate it,” Mya mumbled.

“I don’t hate it at all. In fact, it’s so adorable, I might just have to kiss you again,” Seth sighed mockingly.

Mya giggled and smiled, so Seth pressed their lips together once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mya’s date outfit

Cute cute cute =]
That's all I can say really!

Comments please?
xo