Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Close.

The first month of school passed quicker than Mya could imagine. She and Seth had grown really close, spending practically all their time together, including after school rides home, study sessions for hours, talking on the phone before bed and hanging out at the weekends. Mya couldn’t help admitting to herself that she had a huge crush on Seth – she just didn’t know if she could admit it to anyone else.

Today was Friday and a couple of hours after school. Seth and Mya were on the floor of Mya’s room, Algebra books in hand, trying to get their homework done before the weekend.

“What did you get for question 3?” Seth yawned.

“X equals 4 and Y equals –1,” Mya read.

“Eurgh, I didn’t even get close to that! I don’t get this at all!” Seth groaned.

“Do you want me to help you?” Mya offered.

Seth nodded, so Mya shyly moved to sit next to him. As she leant closer to see his work, their arms pressed against each other, making Seth sigh happily.

“You’re really hot,” Mya mumbled, still reading.

“Thanks,” Seth snorted.

“Oh gosh, I didn’t meant that, I mean you are, but, ah!..”

“Chill, O’Donnell. I have a high skin temperature, I know. Totally hereditary,” Seth grinned.

Mya just blushed deeply, bowing her head and hiding behind her hair. Seth chuckled, lifting her head up with a finger under her chin.

“You, on the other hand, are gorgeous,” Seth murmured, a surge of confidence rising through him.

Mya smiled shyly as he tucked one side of her hair behind her ear. He started leaning towards her slowly, her heart racing…

Then her bedroom door opened, Will stepping in. Seth quickly sat upright, taking his hand away from her face. Mya just narrowed her eyes at her brother.

“What do you want?” she asked as calmly as she could.

“Just got home from work, thought I’d see how your homework was going,” Will said innocently.

Seth noticed Mya scowling and smiled slightly, giving her hand a squeeze before picking up his textbook.

“Algebra – simultaneous equations,” Seth said coolly, pointing to the page.

Will grimaced, making Mya giggle.

“And we’ve got work to do, so scram!” Mya smiled, taking a deep breath.

“Alright fine. I’ll be back up in an hour or so to get you for dinner. You staying, Seth?” Will asked, raising an eyebrow.

“If that’s okay,” Seth nodded.

“I’ll have to make sure mom makes a triple portion then,” Will snorted.

And with that, he left. Mya cleared her throat, picking up her own textbook.

“You need to make sure you substitute Y correctly,” she announced softly, scribbling down some working on his paper.

Seth sighed, running a hand through his hair. He had been that close.

*

“Hey, Mya?”

Mya was brushing her hair, about to go to bed.

“Yeah, Will?” she called back.

Will opened her bedroom door, walked in, and shut it behind him. Mya raised an eyebrow as he sat down on her bed.

“I don’t like you spending so much time alone with that Seth kid,” Will said bluntly.

“We’re just friends,” Mya replied, rolling her eyes.

“I walked in on the two of you about to kiss!” Will protested.

Mya sighed, putting down her brush, and turned to face Will.

“Look, I know you’re trying to protect me, but Seth’s a really great guy. That’s the first time he’s tried anything like that, and I know he wouldn’t do anything I didn’t want. He’s my best friend here, apart from you, Will. You know I don’t make friends easily,” Mya said softly

“Come here,” Will sighed.

Mya went over to her bed and sat down next to him, accepting his hug. After a minute or two, Will kissed her forehead and pulled away.

“You really like him, don’t you?” Will asked.

Mya bit her lip, but nodded.

“I really do,” she said quietly.

“I want you to be happy more than anything in the world. I swear if he hurts you, I’ll kill him. Just be careful, promise?” Will said with a smile.

“I promise,” Mya smiled back.

“Goodnight,” Will said softly.

He gave her one last hug, before leaving the room, switching off the main light. Mya sighed, then yawned, crawling into bed. She quickly fell asleep, Seth being the only thing on her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
So close!
At least Willem approves now...right?
The next one's a cute one =]

25 subscribers? Wow! Comments please?

xo