Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Heartbroken Runaway

It took me a few days to get enough courage to go around to Danny’s. He had not come around any time either, which made me a little nervous considering he had stopped by every day before that, and then just stopped abruptly. I flattened down my dress, annoyed that it popped out because of my large stomach that was still growing. I took a breath, taking a final step to the door of Danny and Dougie’s apartment building. I unlocked the door with the key that Rachel had given me, and started my way toward the stairs.

“Niccy?” I heard a voice, causing me to turn around. I smiled softly at Dougie, giving him a small wave. He raised an eyebrow and I smiled softly. “What are you doing here? I thought you and Danny got in a fight…” he murmured, placing his finger on his chin in thought. I shrugged,

“Well it wasn’t really a fight…just a misunderstanding. I’m going to clear things up-” I stared, but Dougie shook his head violently. I raised my eyebrows, placing my hands on both sides of my hips. “What?” I asked, confused completely. I thought everyone wanted me to talk to Danny about this?

“He’s uh…busy…” Dougie murmured, and I just shook my head with a laugh, making my way up to the second floor. Dougie followed right behind me, trying to get me to leave. “Niccy, I think you should leave him be…he’s busy.”

“I don’t think he’ll get mad if I interrupt him to tell him I love him too.” I said, before quickly figuring out what I had just said. I bit my lip and turned to Dougie with a blush. “Right?” I ask in a whisper. Dougie starts to speak but I just continue my way up to the third floor now, taking my time as I felt more pregnant now than I have ever felt.

“I don’t thing…I mean…his…mum! Yeah, his mum is over right now and I don’t think you should-” I just raised my hand and shook my head, turning to Danny’s door with a smile. But I was too happy and excited to tell him the news that I didn’t see the rubber band around the doorknob…which must have stood for something.

“Dougie, shuttup. I’ll see you later. Tell Rachel that I’ll tell her all about it later!” I exclaim, before grabbing the key to Danny’s apartment that Rachel had also given me, and unlocked the door.

“Niccy, seriously-” I closed the door behind me after waving to Dougie, and turned, looking around his apartment. I had only been up here once, and it was to use the bathroom when I had watching them play a floor below in the studio, so I felt completely lost when I tried to find his bedroom. I heard something coming from the left of his apartment; his room maybe; but what I heard was weird… was it knocking?

“Danny?” I called, and the knocking stopped completely. I furrowed my eyebrows as I heard a door slam open.

“Ni-Niccy?” I turned completely around to the sound of Danny’s voice and I felt a grin fall atop my lips before I caught sight of him. My smile fell the second I saw him standing there with nothing on; just a pillow to hide his package.

"What's going on?" I whispered ever so softly. I felt tears prick at the back of my eyes as a girl showed up behind him, touching his shoulder in confusion; with nothing but a blanket wrapped around her. My eyes locked with Danny’s and I felt a few tears escape. I looked over the slut beside him, her platinum blond hair obviously fake as I could see her dark roots. Her makeup was thick and smudge, the red lipstick evident on her smeared lips. I could only see the top of them, but she must have had implants.

“Whose the fat chick?” The slut asked, and I winced at her high pitched voice. “Are you married? I thought you said you were single-” She said, her voice louder than it should have been. “-We’ve been fucking all day and you have yet to tell me that you’re with a fat chick-” I felt like my feet were glued to the floor and I couldn’t move. I shook as a sob rang out of my features, though I showed no emotion.

“Patica, shuttup.” Danny muttered, and I scoffed at her name. Such a skanky name. “Niccy, I…” he started, but I just shook my head before turning on my heal and running, as best as I could, from the room. “Niccy!” I heard him shout behind me, and I turned right in front of his door.

“You know what, Danny? Fuck no. I actually thought…” I wiped my tears, shaking my head at him. “I thought you loved me.” I yelled, pushing him back as I felt anger grow inside of me. He fell to the ground and I just shook my head. “I came out of my shell and actually grew fucking balls to show up at your apartment after everything I had done…and I was going to tell you the truth.” I screamed at him, causing him to step back after he had stood.

“What…what do you mean?” he asked, and I placed my hand on my stomach.

“I was going to tell you that I love you too. But fuck that. Fuck you. And fuck that little slut over there. I’m don’t chasing after you from now on.” I screamed, before I turned my back to him and pulled the door open. He pushed it closed and I turned, tears falling so quickly that I’d try to wipe one away, and another would take its place.

“Niccy, you don’t understand what’s happening here-” he tried, but I just laughed in his face.

“What? I don’t understand what’s happening here? I don’t understand that you are fucking that slut over there because I didn’t come here to tell you I love you a day earlier? What, was I too slow for you? Should I have come sooner? I’m sorry. I really am.” I said, faking sympathy. “Did you catch that? The sarcasm in my voice? Fuck you Danny. I’ve changed my mind.” I said, pulling the door open before slamming it shut behind me. I turned and walked right into Dougie, who looked at my sympathetically. I felt a sob approach as I looked him in the eye.

“I was trying to tell you…” he whispered, pulling me into a hug. I felt a sob approach but I tried to push it away. “Niccy, he doesn’t know what he’s doing-” Dougie tried to explain, but I just shook my head. I pulled away and shook my head even more.

“Dougie, he just…he had told me he loved me…and then I come here and try to tell him I love him back but I find him fucking another girl! And then he just walked out of his room with her wrapped around him, like it was no big fucking deal. Fuck him, Dougie. If he asks where I went, just tell him I don’t give a fuck anymore.” I said, placing my hand in front of my mouth as I cried, before I turned my back to him and tried to run down the stairs. I got to the bottom, catching my balance as I had almost fallen, and then fled the apartment building. I hailed down a taxi and told him the address before I sat back and cried my heart out.

I turned in my seat as the cad sped off, and looked back at the apartment. Danny had shown up with a pair of boxers on and he was shaking his head, trying to run after the cab. He didn’t make it too far before he was out of breath, and I just watched as he grew smaller and smaller, before the cab turned and he was completely out of sight. I turned back in my seat and wiped my continuous tears, waiting for the taxi to finally bring me back to Birmingham; back home.