Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Mistake Mistake Mistake

The train ride had felt like it had taken forever, and when I finally got off, I knew that it’d be late. I checked my clock, and it was around 8:30, leaving the sun down and the air cool. I grabbed all of my bags and took a seat on a bench for a second, resting my hand across my stomach. I took a few deep breaths before I stood back up again, making my way outside and toward the cabs waiting there.

“Niccy.” I heard a voice speak my name from behind me, causing me to jump. I turned quickly, loosing my balance because of the extra weight; but the voice had arms and they caught me. I looked up, before I quickly pulled myself away from him. How did he know that I was here?

“Danny? How the…?” I whispered, and he just shook his head, pulling me into a hug. I raised my eyebrows, but I didn’t dare to hug him back. “Stop.” I spat, pulling away from him, holding onto my stomach protectively. “What gives you the right to-” I began, but he just shook his head and grabbed my bags.

“Lets not make a scene. It’s time to go home.” He whispered, and I just stared at him. Home? I had no home anymore. This isn’t my home because he ruined it, Birmingham isn’t my home because my parents ruined it…I had no home. I just glared at the back of his head as we made our way toward his car. I decided to sit in the back so I could lye across the seats comfortably and he just ignored me the whole way back. I was mad at him, that’s for sure. But I could tell that he wanted to talk about what’s happened.

“How did you know I was there?” I whispered, staring down at my hands that were placed on my stomach. Danny had whispered something, but I hadn’t heard him. “Hmm?” I asked, finally looking over at him. He raised an eyebrow, before shrugging his shoulders.

“I just…I was hoping you’d have been getting off of the train today. I’d been at the station since noon. I was actually about to leave, but then I saw you sitting there. I just…I wanted to talk to you.” He muttered the last part and I rolled my eyes. I knew that was the reason he had been there. We had pulled up to Rachel’s house and I hopped out of the car. I turned to Danny as he pulled my bags out and I yanked them out of his hands.

“You seriously think that after everything that’s happened, you’d still think that I’d want to talk to you about it?” I asked with so much venom in my voice that it shocked me. I shoved past him and scurried into the house, before I slipped at the door and fell on Rachel, who had caught us.

“Niccy?! FINALLY.” She screeched, pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back, just as tight. She had no idea what had happened that made me run, since she had been so warm towards Danny. My guess is that he doesn’t have the decency to tell her. I pulled out of the hug and smiled softly.

“Sorry I disappeared, Rach.” I apologized and she shook her head with a soft smile.

“You’re back and still as pregnant as before, that’s all that matters.” She giggled, causing me to smile. Danny appeared behind her and I rolled my eyes.

“Rach, can I talk to N-” he started to ask, and I jumped in, pushing past Danny and making my way toward my room.

“No, you can’t.” I muttered, carrying my bags into my room and taking a seat on the bed that I had missed so much. Sleeping on Damien’s bed was horrible, since it was a rather thin mattress. This mattress on the other hand, was like sleeping on a cloud. I turned as my door had opened and saw Danny standing there with a small frown on his face. I rolled my eyes. “I don’t want to talk to you, Dan.”

“Then just listen.” He whispered, taking a seat beside me, causing me to scoot further away. “I know you won’t listen to me, but I’m sorry, okay? I made a mistake and I apologize.” He muttered and I rolled my eyes. “Do you know how hard it is to fall in love with someone who’s pregnant with someone else’s child?” he asked and I turned to him in amazement.

“Are you seriously blaming me for this? It’s not like I decided to get pregnant and then make you fall in love with me after I fell in love with you. It was a mistake. All of it.” I shouted, and he turned to me, eyes wide. “You say you’re sorry, but that’s not going to make up for what you did to me. How would you feel if I told you that I loved you and then I went and slept with someone else? It hurts Danny, and there’s no way it can be repaired.” I shouted, standing up from my bed and glaring at him.

“I’m not trying to tell you this is your fault! And I know I messed up. But you’re too stubborn to except the fact that I made a stupid mistake.” He spoke so softly that I could hardly understand him. I looked him clear in the eye as I spoke,

“It’s not just a mistake, Danny! You slept with someone else and I caught you, but not once did you tell me, in front of her, that it was a mistake. You walked out with her wrapped around your finger and you didn’t even have enough courtesy to cover your goddamned naked body.” I screamed, causing him to step back. ”I’m walking around with this child in my stomach and you can’t even wait for me to make up my mind?” I asked with a shout evident in my voice. He stepped toward me,

“You know what?” He asked, and I turned. “Just because you’re pregnant, doesn’t mean that I have to wait around for you. It wasn’t my mistake; it’s yours. Stop bringing it into this.”

“She has a right to be in this!” I screamed. “But…you didn’t even give me enough time to tell you I loved you; you had already jumped in bed with someone else!” Tears were slipping down my cheeks as I had let out all of my emotions.

“I gave you plenty of time! If you really loved me, then you would have said it back when I had said it to you. You won’t have had to think about it. Either you love me, or you don’t. There’s no thought process.” He muttered, and I just pushed him. I pushed him so hard that he had fallen to the floor.

“Get the fuck out of my room, I’m done fighting with you.” I shouted, turning away from him and walking over to my window. I had hoped that he had left, but then there was a hand placed on my shoulder. It caused me to jump and I shoved away from him.

“Niccy, I don’t want to fight with you anymore.” He whispered and I turned, pushing him away from me. “Stop pushing me away and talk to me without yelling!” he spoke loudly, and I wiped my evident tears. “We’re getting nowhere. Fighting was mistake.”

“No, coming back after leaving was a mistake.” I whispered, causing his eyes to grow slightly wide. I looked down at my stomach, placing my hand there to calm down the kicks. I turned around as the room had become silent and he had disappeared. The front door slammed and I sighed. Great, just great.
♠ ♠ ♠
i feel like my writing is getting worse and worse...sorry if it sucked! D:
not much more chapters until the end, i think! not too sure when it'll be over, but soon!
:)