‹ Prequel: Daughter of a Rockstar

You're Trapped In Your Past

How I Met Your Mother

Oli

“So this is where yeh grew up?” As I looked the quaint little house in front of us up and down.

“Well not really I lived here only a few years, I got shipped between parents a lot- ish”

“So, are weh gonna knock on the door or are yeh jus’ gonna squeeze onto meh hand for dear life the whole time?” Her death grip loosened and she blushed.

“Sorry, I’ll ring the doorbell.”

We waited outside for a few seconds hearing shuffling and muffled voices from behind the portal in front of us. Maya couldn’t stop shifting nervously back in forth. I leaned over and placed a kiss on her cheek and she stopped just in time for the door to open revealing a peculiarly young woman who I assumed was Maya’s mother.

“Maya!” The woman yelled pulling Maya into a hug that looked beyond uncomfortable. Maya just stood there awkwardly wrapping her arms around the women.

“Hi mom, nice to see you again too. This is my boyfriend Oliver Sykes”

“Yeh can call meh Olleh Ms. Rjensvik.” I said putting out my hand trying to be extra polite. The woman looked at my hand and then pulled me into a hug.

“A British boy Maya? So that’s where you’ve been Ryan seems to have left out those details when he talks about you. And honey you’re family you can call me Sara.”

“Well it’s nice to mee’ Maya’s mum she doesn’t really talk much about anything before England.” The two girls shared a look.

“Well no use standing out in this heat come inside Buba been waiting for you two.”

“Buba’s here?” Maya answered as we followed her mother in throught the house.

“Yeh didn’t tell meh yer mum was a MILF ‘ow old is she like 30?” I whispered.

“Oli, my mom isn’t a MILF and she’s like 39 or 40 gross” She slapped my arm.

“Sorreh I meant to say I can see where yer got yeh looks from.” I batted my lashes and she rolled her eyes.

“ Well Maya got her taste in men from her mother, look at that boy all covered in tattoos he’s a younger better looking, less aura of future dead beat dad about him, Craig.” A woman standing in front of the stove with graying hair said.

“Thanks for bringing up the person I didn’t want to see or talk to on the trip Buba.” She went over to the woman and gave her hug. “I’m so sorry about Gita, anyways the guy you’re talking about is my boyfriend Oliver but you can call him Oli” I waved at the old lady.

“Ello”

“Oh European! I approve deary he’s a good choice, not that I’ve ever thought lowly of your decisions but he’s definitely a keeper!”

“Anyways, we’re about to make dinner I’m making chicken parmesan if that’s okay.” Sara interjected.

“Well Actually I’m a vegetarian and I guess My is now too.” I said nervously, I mean they seemed so nice but I don’t understand why I want to make them so happy, I actually want to try and earn parental approval… how odd.

“Well Damn it I guess will just order some pizza then” Sara went to grab the phone.

“Nonsense! I can make some Pierogis I mean look at those two I need to fatten them up anyways, I bet if they turn sideways we won’t even be able to see them. They do feed you there in England don’t they?”

“Yes m’am, but wha’ are Pierogs?”

“Call me Buba dear as long as your with Maya your family, and they’re potato dumplings, Maya used to be able to eat pounds of them when she was little! Now while we cook you two go run upstairs to put away your stuff and dinner should be ready when you’re done”

We walked back out to the car to grab our back and Maya gave me a look.

“Wha’?”

“What’s with Mr. Respectable young gent, I thought you didn’t try to get approval of parents?”

“I don’ unless the bird is real special.”

“You’re so full of shit you just think my mom’s hot.” She started walking towards the house.

“So wha’ if I do, I still get to sleep with the hotter, younger daughter.”

“Not after that you don’t”

“Aw come on, yeh know I’ll still seduce yeh by the end of the night or get swee’ revenge.” We walked into a room on the second floor. It looked like it hadn’t been touched in years, there were old band posters and picture of people I assumed they were friends and family. Piles of magazines and old books sat next to the bed.

After staring around the room like she was stuck in some alternate universe Maya swallowed like there was a large lump in her throat and turned to me eyes squinted. “You wouldn’t.”

Instead of questioning her odd zoning out and replied, “Oh but I would meh dear.” She rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand pulling me downstairs and seating us at the small dinner table.

“So wha’ are some embarrassing stories abou’ Maya? She doesn’t talk much abou’ her childhoo’ wha’ was she like.”

“She was a little brat. But after her dad and I broke up I remember she would always find the lingerie of the newest slut he was fucking and bring it home. She always would say things like ‘ this new girl daddy likes wears all these dresses that could fit me I think she’s trying to steal my place as daddy’s baby!’ it was so cute made me feel better about the situation.”

“Or when Gita and I would get phone calls from school telling us that our granddaughter was taking advantage of poor little boys and that we’d have to come picker her up and then she’d tell us she was just playing doctor. She was giving hand jobs to these little boys, I think it’s because Gita would take her into the strip clubs when he’d go to check business papers. Always saying she wanted to be pretty like those girls and be on stage.”

“Buba! Guys stop this is so embarrassing, no wonder I haven’t wanted to come home.” I smirked I had won. Maya was about 20 shades of red and would do anything to get me to stop.

“Fine I don’t have to ‘ear anymore embarrassing stories. Do yeh ‘ave anymore of these pierogis there delicious, if yeh keep feeding meh this food I’ll beh plen’y fat.” I laughed getting dished another large plate full.

“Also when she was little she always wanted to be on the road with her dad and never with me. She said staying at home was boring. And Craig would always take her on his shenanigans road show, with all the sex and drugs and men! He’d never dare take with him now, I think he doesn’t want to live through another Maya incident- I mean make the same mistakes he made with Maya.” Sara sent Maya an apologetic look and I just sat there confused.

“Who’s Ashley?”

“Your half sister you know the kid Craig and Gabby like five years ago?”

“No I didn’t I can’t believe him! How could he do that!” Maya shot up and went upstairs.

“I don’ realeh know wha’s going on but I’ll go ‘elp ‘er. Thanks for dinner” I went towards the stairs.

“It’s okay I just thought she knew, and Oli just don’t ask about anything, she seems to think her past will kill her.”
I walked in to the room to see my girlfriend lying on the bed crying. I went to go sit on the bed and pulled her into my chest. Slowly feeling my shirt soak up her tears, I stroked her hair and whispered reassuring words.

“He’s just such a bastard I hate him!” She tried to yell between the sniffles.

She continued to say profanities about her dad and slowly became too tired to keep awake. Once she was asleep I looked around the room to see the pictures. Her hair was different and her skin was tanner. I saw the pictures with her friends with her smiling and laughing. When I saw a picture with her and her mom she’s angry and glaring the picture was ripped in half separating the two parties but then taped back together. They didn’t seem to hate each other. There was a note on the nightstand and I picked it up it was in Maya’s handwriting.

Mom, I’m sick of it here, I slept with him just to spite you. I’m not proud of it but until you let me leave this wretched house I won’t talk to you, I won’t look at, and I’ll just keep getting worse and worse. You know me and you know I don’t lie about these kinds of things. I want to move out see the world, play my music I don’t care about that stupid school. And you know what I really want to leave with dad, he’s a much better parent than you and will support me in my musical endeavors. So exile me there for all I care because I’d rather die than live with a bitch like you! I hate you.
-Maya


I put the note down I didn’t get this her mom and her seemed to get along fine, it was her dad she hated right? God, I really don’t know anything about her.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry long time but quick question do you think people think in British accents?

Anyways comment and subscribe!