‹ Prequel: Daughter of a Rockstar

You're Trapped In Your Past

Daddy's Girl

Maya

I woke up alone.

No Oli just blaring sunlight. I groaned and rolled out of bed. I took a quick shower and noticed Oli’s things spread out on the bathroom counter, relieving me that he stayed after last night’s episode. Although he has dealt with worse from me, only this time didn’t understand what was going on this time.

I got dressed and went downstairs to see Buba giving Oli stacks of pancakes which he happily shoveled into his mouth.

“Maya you’re awake! You know your boyfriend here is as skinny as a rail what do you feed him air? But he may be a little on the skinny side but he’s such a sweetie, he’s a keeper My” She reached over and patted Oli’s cheek.

“Well there’s no way I’d leave now yer feedin’ meh so well”

“So what are your plans for today you two?”

“Nothing staying around here maybe going into town”

“Well if those are your plans maybe I should give you a suggestion, now before you get mad at me hear me out. Now I know your dad is kind of a bastard and you ended on bad terms, but as your father I feel you should at swing by and say hi and show him your okay because your friends didn’t tell your dad anything, he probably thinks you’re dead. You owe him at least a chance to see you; he needs to know your okay from you.”

“But Buba…”

“No buts, just do this for your old, lonely, sad grandmother.”

“That’s no fair Buba don’t pull that card! Besides I don’t even know where he lives!”

“Same house as before only without the boys.”

“Fine, come on Oli let’s go visit daddy.”

We drove to my old neighborhood and pulled up to my old house. I was praying that no one was home so I could tell Buba I at least tried, even if it wasn’t very hard. We walked up to the door and rang the bell. And a small girl answered the door.

“Who are you?”

“Um we’re friends of your daddy is he home?”

“Not right now but mommy says he’ll be home soo so you can come in and sit down and wait for him.”

“Okay, sure” We followed the small girl into the family room and sat on the couch as she sat and the floor and picked up her coloring.

“What’s your name,” I asked .

“Ashley Marie Mabbit” She said without looking up.

“Are you named after your dad’s song?”

“He says I am but and that he wrote it because I made his life perfect.” I grimaced. “I like the pictures on your arms, daddy has some but your’s are prettier.”

“Thank yeh love” Oli replied as the small girll poked around his arms and neck.

“And your voice is pretty too I like it”

“Ash who are you talking to swee- who are you?” Gabby came walking in looking the same as six years before except for the ring on her left hand.

“Hey, Gabby six years is a long time.”

“Maya? Is that really you?”

“Yeah and coming here was a mistake I’ll go before Craig comes home.” I stood up pulling Oli up with me and walking to the door. When the door opened up and the one and only Craig Mabbit walked in.

“Gabby whose car is out- Maya is that you?”

“Yeah hey Craig I was just leaving, I don’t need to mess up your perfect little family.”

“Maya wait- you’re my first daughter, I know I messed up but six years is a long time and I miss you.”

“I have a sister? Daddy why didn’t you tell me?” Ashley said walking over and looking between the two.

“Yeah why Craig? Anyways, I have a lot on my mind maybe if you’re lucky I’ll come back.” As we walked out the door.

“Pwease come back again!” Ashley called out after us. “She’s really pwetty and I like his drawings” She whispered loud enough for us to hear.

“Well tha’ went well love” Oli laughed as we dorve back to my mom’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short but I wanted to get this out because I'll busy for pretty much the rest of the summer so there will be very little updating for a while.

I hope you like that Craig's back!