‹ Prequel: Daughter of a Rockstar

You're Trapped In Your Past

A Can Of Worms

Oli

Today was the funeral. I stood in front of the mirror fixing tie and jacket. I glanced into the bathroom to see Maya sitting in the bathroom putting on mascara with shaky hands. Her hair was curled, which she normally didn’t spend time doing, she looked like she hadn’t slept in days, which was probably true. She hadn’t talked to me all morning, her face staying in a perpetual frown. I walked into the bathroom and stood behind her wrapping my arms around her waist, she stared at me through the mirror. Her eyes empty of emotion.

“You look nice,” She said barely over a whisper.

“Yeh do too” I said kissing her neck.

“Well let’s get this over with,” She sighed as we walked downstairs,

I followed her downstairs to where her mother and grandmother were both downstairs with a batch of muffins. The two older women both looked content not shaken by the events to come. Her grandmother smiled at as and offered us muffins; I greedily took one while Maya softly declined.

“Maya don’ star’ this, no’ today, yeh need the ea’”

“Oliver don’t do this, not today don’t bring it up because you’re not one to talk” She snapped under her breath.

I stopped I’m okay but you keep starting this, I can’t just watch you do this.”

“Then don’t!” She yelled, her mother and grandmother looking towards our quarrel.

“Okay kids, it’s time to go.” Her mother said walking towards the door.

We drove to the funeral home the only sound was Maya’s Buba humming a random tune to herself. When we arrived people flocked towards us giving the three women hugs and sympathetic looks. I was introduced to many people until we were herded into the building. We sat in the front row an open casket sat in front, Maya couldn’t go up. Her knee shook convulsively throughout the eulogies. I put my hand on her knee to stop her. She grabbed my hand and that’s when she started to cry, the first time I had seen her do so for a long, long time. The service ended quickly and we left running into Maya’s friends.

“I’m so sorry sweetie, Gita was so amazing” Tall man said pulling her into a hug. “I’m Kyle, you must be the infamous Oliver” He stuck out his hand and I shook it.

“I am, yeh must ‘ave been in ‘er band.” He nodded his head.

“Baby girl, I’m so sorry, tonight we’re going out to make you feel better!” Another girl embraced Maya.

“Marissa, I can’t I have to go to the will reading after this with my mom, but you guys should take Oli he definitely doesn’t need to be with me for that, it will be super boring.”

“Well then, how about me and Marissa take you home with your mom have a little girl party after the will reading and Oli can go out with the boys, much to my disappointment” Maggie added in throwing a longing look my way.

“Well that does sound good. And then I don’t feel bad about boring Oli”

“Then it’s settled! Let’s go ladies, say goodbye to your men.” Maggie said.

“Are yeh sure yeh don’ wan’ meh the come?” I asked.

“I’m sure, it’ll be good for me to spend time with girls.” She replied softly.

“An’ yer sure yeh’ll beh fine?”

“Yes and you promise you won’t-“

“Why would yeh ask tha’ yeh know I won’, I wouldn’ do tha’ to yeh” I said incredulously

“You mean again.” She added morosely

“Well if it’s going the beh like tha’ then yeh better no’ do wha’ yer doing to meh again.” I snapped

“Fair enough, I’ll see you later.” She leaned up to kiss me.

“Love yeh”

“Love you too” She said kissing me once more before walking off with the girls.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#**#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

“So how long have you two been together?” Kyle asked. We were seated in club that only top of the crop got into, mainly due to who was Ryan’s fiancé. It was nice to be able drink and be free for since I got to Vegas.

“Abou’ three years,”

“She hasn’t cut the cord and run yet? Commitment has never been Maya’s forte.” Ryan commented.

“It never was mine either, we balance each otha ou’”

“Well that’s good she needs someone to keep her grounded, she used to be a lot to handle”

“Trust meh, she still is but the more I have teh take care of her the less time I have to get myself in trouble.” I took a long drink uncomfortable with the conversation.

“What wrong with you?!?” She screamed at me. “You get mad at me and I come home and here you are with all these drugs.”

“I get mad at yeh because I’ve been slowly watching yeh kill yerself and become more distant,
I mean where have yeh been for the whole day, It’s like yeh think the more yer away the easier this will beh, but it’s not making meh worry any less.”

“For the last time Oliver, nothing is wrong with me, I’ve been at the gym and then work, and I’m not trying to avoid you! Besides I think the more serious issue is you and your vices. Drugs and alcohol are depressants, and I thought we finally got out of this downward spiral and here we go again. Next you’re going on tour and recording and I’ll be here alone worrying that you won’t come back because you’ll leave me or worse.”

“That’s not gonna happen I’m no’ going to let our problems tear us apar’”

“But what if we can’t help it”


“Let’s talk about something less emotional this night is supposed to get our minds off of that shit, so your band is going on tour after this right?” Tyler interrupted my flashback.

“Yeah tha’s the plan”

“Is Maya going with you?”

“Yeah I don’ feel comfortable leaving ‘er ‘ome and she is our drum tech now”

“She must love that, what bands are you touring with?” Ryan asked.

“I think Pierce the Veil and Escape the Fate.” Tyler spit out his drink.

“Okay may be you should man up and leave Maya home because she won’t want to go on tour with you if she finds out that.”

“Why?”

“Because last time I checked if there is anything in this world Maya would hate to do with every fiber of her being, it would be go on tour with her dad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been way way way too long. I'll try and be better but I won't make any promises.

Although comments and subscribers may help the process