Sequel: More Than You Know
Status: active when I want it to be.

The Rev's Undying Syn

Crashed

I looked around at all the people; Matt was in the back getting his bone marrow thing done. I feel so bad that I can’t do it. All Matt’s fault I tell ya, all his fault. I shifted in my seat and Jimmy stood up.

“God how long does this take?” He asked.

“I don’t know you were back there before.” I said.

“Maybe he matched and they went right ahead with the surgery.” He said getting less worried, but still totally worried. I looked at him.

“Jimmy they would have notified you on it.” I said and the door opened and Matt walked out with the help of a nurse.

“So?” Jimmy asked.

“The doctor will be out in a minute to answer any questions.” The nurse said once she got Matt sitting. She walked out and Jimmy sat down.

“They won’t even let me go see her.” He said and put his head in his hands. Jess walked over to him and rubbed his back.

“It’s ok, I’ve known Grace her whole life, and she’s a fighter.” She said and he nodded and the door opened and Dr. Forreman walked in.

“Um Mr. Sullivan can I speak with you?” He asked.

“Sure.” Jimmy said and walked out with the doctor.

Jimmy’s POV

I followed Dr. Forreman to his office and sat in the ever so familiar leather chair.

“Alright first, after this you can see her.” He said.

“Ok how about us, did anyone match?” I asked.

“That is the bad part, no, no one matched. Do you know any one else hat might want to save Grace’s life?” He asked.

“My soon-to-be ex wife.” I said and he nodded.

“Can you give me her number?” He asked and I gave it to him.

“Hello, Mrs. Sullivan, this is Dr. Forreman. Yes, I’m doing great. I have a question.” He paused and nodded.

“I wanted to know if you could come down to the clinic and get a test done.” He said and waited.

“Yes, well Grace isn’t responding to the chemo, I know it’s only been about a day, but her body completely rejected it. And the only way to save her delicate life is to perform a bone marrow transplant. We tested her uncles, dad, and some aunts, but they all weren’t right. So I was wondering if you could come down.” He said and waited. He got a disappointed look.

“Alright, well sorry to bother you.” He said and out the phone down.

“So?” I asked.

“She declined. We may have to put her on life support soon.” He said.

“Well what about her cousin Andy?” I asked.

“How old is he?” He asked.

“21.” I said.

“Alright we can try, but in the mean time why don’t you go visit your daughter, a nurse said she opened her eyes.” He said and I stood. He brought me to her room and I walked in slowly. Grace turned her head slowly and looked at me.

“Hi dad.” She said and I smiled, I almost burst into tears tight there.

“Hi baby girl.” I said and walked over to her. She smiled and tried to hug me.

“How are you feeling?” I asked and she shrugged.

“My head hurts.” She smiled and I looked at her.

“Well I just wanted to see you and see how you were doing, you know everyone is out there?” I asked.

“They are?” Her face dropped faster than you could say hi.

“Yeah everyone is worried. We all got sampled for our bone marrow, which by the way hurts like a mo’fo.” I smiled and she just looked down.

“I hate it when people feel sorry for me.” She said and looked away.

“Why, then you get sympathy and gifts and people show their love.” I said concerned.

“No, I hate it. Whenever someone felt sorry for me in the past something bad happened. Like my aunt felt sorry for me because I got picked on in school when I was five, not even a year later mom snapped and turned on me. Tell them all to go home and to not worry.” She said.

“I can’t just go out and tell people who love you with all their heart to just no worry, it’s mean and cruel. How could you think that?” I asked looking at my daughter in the face.

“Can you leave, I want to be alone.” She said and I looked at her.

“Why would I leave?” I asked confused on whys he would ask that.

“Because I don’t want you in here, I want to be alone, is that too much to ask? Just leave please, and don’t come back until tomorrow.” She said and I stood.

“Fine I’ll go tell everyone to leave, even James.” I said walking to the door.

“And I really don’t care I just want to be alone.” She said tears forming.

“Fine.” I said and walked out.

Grace’s POV

I sat in my bed and looked out the window. All I could see was the parking lot. Wow for having such a rich dad I got a crappy room. I slowly stood up and went to the chair by the window, bringing my thing-a-ma-gig with me. I sat in the chair and looked out. Now that I was closer I could actually see the ocean. I smiled and sat there. I leaned back and looked out. I watched my dad walking out with everyone, angry. Well I don’t really care, something bad is going to happen to me soon, soon. I hear the door and see the nurse come in.

“Hi, I’m Connie how are you feeling?” She asked.

“Kinda pissed at my family. Was it ok that I moved over here?” I asked and she looked at me.

“Yeah it’s fine, just be careful, these floors are slippery.” She smiled and checked my IV and stuff.

“Well I’ll be in, in about another hour, so get some rest, Dr. Forreman has some tests to do with another patient then he’s coming in here to talk.” She said and walked out. I just kept looking out the window and leaned back. I felt tears falling down my cheeks. Why does this have to happen. Everyone felt bad for me when my mom died, and now I have cancer. What else is going to happen? I closed my eyes and fell asleep in the chair.

Leana’s POV

I just got off the phone with the doctor. I mean I want to help Grace but I just can’t. Not after what Jimmy did. I sat down on the couch in my newly purchased apartment. I crossed my legs and looked at the wall. I don’t want to divorce Jimmy, I love him.

You may love him but he broke your heart.

I know but I just, he’s my everything.

That’s what you said just before he hurt you

Why am I talking to myself?

I stood up and walked to my closet. And got out the outfit my manager told me to wear. Within the last week or so since me and Jimmy separated I got a record deal and recorded a couple songs. And now we are shooting a video. I know I may seem to be moving on way too fast but I am just getting a career. I actually wrote a song about Grace. It’s called Fallen From Grace. I got into my car and drove out of my street. I got to a red light and looked to the side and saw Jimmy, whom looked extremely pissed. I opened the window and looked at him.

“Jimmy.” I said. He turned his head and looked at me.

“What?” He asked.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

“No.” He said.

“Wanna come with me to a music video shoot?” I asked. He looked at me.

“You’re a singer?” He asked. I nodded.

“Fine, it’s better than going home.” He said and followed me there. I got out and waited for him.

“Jimmy, I don’t want to get a divorce.” I said and he looked at me.

“You don’t?” He asked confused.

“No I miss you a lot.” I said and he hugged me.

“I do too, move back in?” He asked.

“Yeah I will.” I said and he grabbed my hand and we walked in.

“Oh by the way, the song I’m shooting a video for is called Fallen from Grace. And guess who I wrote it about?” I asked.

“Grace.” He said. I nodded and set my head on his shoulder and we walked inside the building.

“Leana!” I heard from the side.

“Luke!” I said and ran to hug him.

“Who’s this hottie?” He asked. My manager is gay.

“This is my husband, Jimmy.” I said and he got a sad face.

“It’s ok Luke. Ok so let’s get this going.” I said.

Grace’s POV

I opened my eyes and saw it was dark out. I sat up and stood and walked over to my bed, stumbling.

“Grace you’re up.” I heard and looked over.

“Yeah, but I don’t feel well.” I said.

“That’s because of your fall and the fact that the chemo isn’t working you are really weak.” Dr. Forreman said.

“Oh.” I said and covered myself.

“Where’s your father?” He asked.

“I sent him away.” I said. He nodded.

“Ok I have a couple questions. On a scale of one to ten, how is your pain?” He asked.

“Um, 7.” I said. He nodded.

“And your energy?” He asked.

“2.” I said. He nodded.

“Ok we’re going to give you some pain meds and it will make you drowsy.” He said and a nurse walked in with a bag. She hooked it up and I almost instantly felt weaker. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Jimmy’s POV

I walked out of the studio and went to my car. I got a call from the hospital saying that Grace crashed. I got in my car and sped to the hospital. I ran in and found the nurse station.

“Can I go back by Grace Sullivan?” I asked and she looked.

“Um no they are taking her to surgery.” She said.

“What why?” I asked.

“The doctor found a lump in her head.” She said.

“He did?” I asked and back up and fell into a chair. If Grace dies I don’t know what I’ll do. She’s my everything. I put my head in my hands and looked at the floor. Tears falling from my eyes. I got up and ran down outside and got in my car. I sat there and cried. Really cried, like tears pouring from my eyes and my sobbing and almost hyperventilating. My phone vibrated and it scared me.

“Hello.” I said.

“What’s wrong?” I heard Val’s voice.

“Nothing, what’s up.” I said wiping tears from my cheeks.

“Ok, well Matt wanted to know if you would come to a cook out, to release some stress.” She said.

“No, I’m gonna stay at home.” I said and hung up and the tears started to fall again. I sat there for like ten to fifteen minutes crying. Finally I couldn’t cry anymore and I got out and walked upstairs to the area Grace was in. I sat in a chair and waited for the doctor.

One Hour Later

I paced through the waiting room and my head whipped up when I heard the door open. I saw Dr. Forreman.

“How is she?” I asked.

“Well we found a tumor on her left side of the brain, we tried removing it but it caused some bleeding inside the brain somewhere. I went in, very, very carefully and found the spot and did all I could to stop it. I stopped it to a point where it wasn’t life threatening anymore. She is sleeping, still from the anesthetics. She is in ICU, so why don’t you go home, and come up tomorrow. She is very weak right now.” He said.

“So the cancer spread?” I asked.

“Yes to both her brain and the nerves on the wall of her neck. That is why her voice was so raspy. I don’t think the nerve cancer is anything to worry about. A few small treatments of an IV injected medicine could fix it.” He said. I nodded.

“Ok.” I said and smiled. “Thanks.” I walked out and went to my car and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey long time no talk. Well this is because I wrote part of this at school, and because of the librarian I can't email this to myself during study hall. So I finally did and now here it is.

Ok I know this is really sad. But I just wanted to make this one.

Question: Should I keep Grace alive? Give me ideas for the next few chapters.

This is sorta the Climax of the story. I'm gonna write a sequel Don't You Worry.

The song I wrote about Grace. (mentioned in the chapter.)

♥Kobra.Kid♥