Sequel: More Than You Know
Status: active when I want it to be.

The Rev's Undying Syn

The Fair Sounds Like A Good Idea

Jimmy’s POV

I sat my living room drinking a beer and watching Leana on the phone with her sister. I suddenly stood and walked over to the kitchen and threw my beer away and got another one. Leana walked in, off the phone, and looked at me.

“Jimmy are you really going to drink all of your troubles away?” She asked. I leaned against the counter and looked at her.

“If I try then yes. Leana, Grace had to get brain surgery, I am a little on edge, so if I snap at you, don’t take it the wrong way and leave, you’re all I have right now.” I said and she hugged me.

“The doctor called Grace’s aunt and she said that the doctor found Grace sitting up in her room, eyes open, but not talking.” She said.

“And that’s supposed to make me feel better? She is awake, yes that thrills me, but if she’s not talking maybe she’s not really awake.” I said and she nodded.

“I know, but how about you get cleaned up, get on some comfy clothes and we’ll go to the fair with Matt and Val.” She said and I looked down at her.

“Fine.” I said and walked up the stairs to the bathroom. I got out a shaver and shaved my face. I looked all babylike and I went out and got out jeans and a shirt, with a sweater. I got them on and got out my sunglasses and hat, I got on my shoes and walked downstairs spraying myself with AXE. Leana was getting her things together and she smiled once she saw me.

“Man I wish you could not cover your face when we went out.” She said and we walked out. This was the first actual time that I went out without Grace in the last week. I have been so worried about how Grace is, that I never stopped and thought that maybe a little time off would do that trick. I got in the car and drove to Matt’s. I waited for him and Val to walk out and when they did I drove to the fair. We got out and walked to the admission booth.

“Four wrist bands please.” Leana said. The guy smiled at her, he was roughly around 40. I glared at him, moving my glasses down the bridge of my nose and he got wide eyes and gave her the bands and looked away. I grabbed Leana’s hand and we walked in.

“Let’s go get some funnel cakes first, this baby is hungry.” Val said and I smiled we walked to the booth and she got four, with all the toppings on hers. I shook my head at her and Matt looked at me.

“My fridge is empty. Dude she eats more than I do, and that says a lot.” Matt said and I smiled.

“I know, but that is your kid.” I said and he smiled.

“I know, and it will know how to sing/scream.” He said. I smiled and took a bite of my funnel cake.
“Dude we need to go onto the roller coaster!” Johnny exclaimed. I looked at him and shook my head.

“Let’s go.” I said and the ladies stayed back and we ran off and went on the roller coaster.

Grace’s POV

I turned in my bed and opened my eyes. I looked around and saw that I was in the hospital again. I groaned and laid there. The door opened and a nurse walked in.

“Well good morning Miss Sullivan how are you feeling?” She asked and I looked at her.

“My head hurts.” I bluntly said. She smiled.

“It will, but I’ll give you some Morphine to ease the pain. Your father called and said that he’ll be here at around four and then Dr. Forreman wants to talk to both of you.” She said and I nodded. She left and came back with a needle.

“For the first dose I’m going to inject it and then I’ll hook up another IV to a morphine bag. I nodded and turned.

“Just relax and watch some TV.” She smiled and I turned on the TV and watched. It was some stupid show about a dog. I sighed and looked out the window. I bit my bottom lip and watched the birds fly by. I heard the door open but I didn’t move.

“Hey Gracey.” I heard and turned my head, slowly, and saw Andy and Aunt Jess. I smiled.

“Hi.” I said and Aunt Jess hugged me.

“We thought that you would need some visitors.” She said and I nodded.

“Yeah, my dad is coming up at four and the doctor needs to talk to us.” I said and she nodded sitting in the chair next to my bed. Andy was looking out the window.

“What’s on your mind?” I asked him and he turned.

“Oh nothing.” He said.

“Andy I know you too well to think that nothings wrong.” I said. He looked at his mom and she nodded and walked out. Andy sat in the chair and looked at me.

“So.” I said waiting impatiently.

“So Jamacia broke up with me.” He said.
“She did?” I asked surprised. I mean they have been together forever.

“Yeah she claimed that I was cheating on her with some girl in my Art class.” He said.

“You would never cheat on a girlfriend.” I said

“I know, but I guess she can’t listen to anything I say. WE were on the phone for three hours yesterday and at the end of the conversation she said ‘oh by the way Andy we’re through’. I was all confused and she answered my silent question saying ‘you were cheating on me with that Amber chick. I have friends you know’ and then hung up.” He said.

“Will you be able to see your kid?” I asked and he shook his head.

“If she is angry with me now, she still will be in the future. So I basically just kissed my fatherhood opportunity away. Or rather she did.” He said and I smiled.

“Me and James just started going out.” I said.

“You little missy should not be dating yet.” He said poking my nose.

“But I’m 15 and my dad is famous I can get away with anything.” I said.

“Not while I’m still around.” He said and I frowned at him.

“You ruin all my fun.” I said.

“Yes I do.” He said and hugged me.

“I wish you weren’t sick.” He said.

“Me too.” I laughed. He smiled and looked at me.

“You don’t look right without hair.” He said and I looked down.

“I know but it will grow back soon, I hope.” I said and he nodded.

“So are ya happy you don’t have to go to school?” He asked.

“Of course, even though I am sick I still don’t have to finish this year.” I said with a smile. The door opened and I looked at saw someone I thought I would never see. Standing in the doorway is Jake. My enemy from school.

“Hey Grace.” He said.

“Um, hi?” I asked.

“Um, I decided that I didn’t want to be mean to you anymore. I wanna try and be friends.” He said.

“Oh. Well what made you change your mind?” I asked.

“Seeing you the way you looked back at school. If I wouldn’t have helped you may be dead.” He said and walked in.

“Oh well thanks, I guess.” I said.

Val’s POV

I settled in the car and finished eating my ice cream as Matt got in.

“Jeez did ya have enough food today? I mean seriously I didn’t even eat that much and I’m a guy.” He said.

“Yeah I had enough, but you have to remember I am eating for two. Or maybe three I don’t know.” I said.

“We can’t handle two kids. Hell we can hardly take care of ourselves.” He said. I smiled.

“We’ll make it. Oh Jimmy said he wanted to stop at the police station to tell them about John.” I said and he nodded starting up the car. He drove down the street and found the police station. Jimmy and Leana were already there. I got out and walked over to them.

“Hey, so you ready to try and get John outta there?” I asked and they nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long ass wait. I wrote this at school and forgot to email it to myself, I did it today and now here it is.

Comment
Subscribe
Message me