Status: Had to go back to school, will update first chance I get. Thanks. :(

Wishes (Year One)

I wish I could see that smile everyday.

I sat there staring blankly at the pattern on the rug. I was just mainly thinking. Tashia had come over and they put on a movie. I hadn't payed much attention to it. I was thinking about her.

"Oliver, you okay?" Sam asked. She always called me by my full first name. I never once heard her call me Oli. I never usually let anyone call me Oliver, it bothers me. But the way she says it, it's different. I glanced at her and gave a fake smile and nodded my head. Of course I'm not going to tell her I'm not ok. I was getting myself to caught up in my feelings. I wonder if anyone else could notice.

"Why are you caring so much about him? He's such a dick to you." I heard Tashia softly whisper.

"Because, I'm nice Tashia and also he hasn't been rude or anything for a while." Sam defended quietly. Tashia scoffed.

"Well he happened to ruin your relationship with yer brother." she stated so matter-of-factly in a whisper. Why does everyone keep bringing that up? I know I fucked that up. I didn't mean to. I just didn't want to lose Chris as a friend. I didn't know I would fuck it up this bad. At least I'm trying to fix it I guess. I've been telling Chris that he should start to forget about everything. He would just tell me to stay out of it, so I did.

"Well I'm sure he completely didn't mean to." Sam whispered, trying to defend me. Tashia rolled her eyes. I was now watching them from the corner of my eye, luckily they didn't notice.

"You're teh nice for yer own good, and that's goin' teh get yeh 'urt. And I don't want teh see yeh 'urt Sam, with, you know." What was she talking about.

"I've been told that. I know. And why can't I take chances? Why can't I do what I want? I've been so tired of doing what everyone else wants me to. I just want to do what I want to do. And what I want to do is be nice. I am not going to be rude or ignore Oliver. I will be his friend just like you are to me, if he wants to be." Sam whispered and then leaned her head on her hand, letting out a sigh. Tashia just refocused on the t.v. Same must have known I was looking at her, cause she looked at me. We just stared at each other for a bit, until she broke it.

I wonder what is going through her mind. Knowing her, it would be something random or surprising. She was always like that. I then focused my attention to the t.v., not really watching it. Thoughts filled my mind. What had Tashia been talking about earlier? My phone vibrating threw me off a bit. I had a text from Chris.

'Not coming back tonight. You can go on home or whatever. I'm staying at Brit's. Peace bro. -C.'

I debated whether or not to tell Sam, suddenly the door opened. An exhausted looking Savvy walked through the door. She collapsed on the other arm chair.

"How'd it go?" Sam asked. I smiled at her questioned. Savvy let out a groan.

"Turns out they didn't need teh interview me, they wanted me teh work right away. 'M so tired." Savvy yawned.

"Go on up to bed then." Sam suggested. Savvy sighed.

"I can't move. Olleh, carreh me!" she said throwing her arms up. I laughed and looked at Savvy. She looked at me with hopeful eyes. I sighed and stood up, walking over to my cousin and picking her up.

"Night girls." Savvy said. They said their good nights and I carried Savvy to 'her' room. She said thanks and goodnight and I said one also. I closed my door behind me, walking back down the hall. It was dark in here. I walked downstairs and into the living room. Sam was there cleaning up the bowl of popcorn and cups.

"Where's Tashia?" I asked. Sam looked startled at the sound of my voice but then relaxed. Guess she didn't hear me coming.

"She went home, since it's late." she said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost midnight." she said as she carried the stuff into the kitchen. I followed her.

"Time flew by. Geez."

"Yep." she popped her 'p'. She washed the bowl and three cups.

"Yeh goin' teh sleep?" I asked. She looked at me and just stared for almost a minute.

"Probably." she said and looked away.

"Well yeh want teh stay up and talk?" I suggested. A small smile appeared on her face and she looked at me.

"Yeah, why not." she shrugged with that bright smile on her face.Oh how I loved that smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo. Oliver's P.O.V. :)

Sorry if it's fillerish or sucky, I'm really distracted, bad things have happened recently and I've been depressed. :(

Well I hope you liked it, :)

Thanks to the commenters and subscribers.
Mucho Amor! <333