Status: Had to go back to school, will update first chance I get. Thanks. :(

Wishes (Year One)

I wish I could sleep.

**Oliver's Point of View**

'Sure. Last door on the right. Just come in.'

I smiled and got up off Chris' floor. I closed his door behind me and walked down the hall. There was a little light you could see under the door. I just went in like she had said to. I looked around. Her light was shut off but a small lamp by her bed was on. She was laying on her bed, stomach down, playing around with her laptop. Music was coming from her stereo on her dresser. I couldn't tell what she was listening to at the moment, cause it was really low. She looked at me and gave a small smile and went back to what she was doing. She laughed.

"You can sit on the bed or the chair over there or whatever." She offered. I nodded and sat on the bed. I laid down next to her, and she scooted over to give me a little more room. She was messing with pictures.

"Who is that?" I asked while pointing at the picture of two girls.

"Oh that's, my friend from the states, Jenny and me." she said. I just nodded. She looked so pretty in the picture but I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to make it awkward. She pushed her laptop away to the side and looked at me, leaning on one hand.

"What?" I asked. She just smiled at me and shook her head.

"So what's your story?" she asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't know. What do ya want to know?" She looked off to the distance for about 20 seconds and then refocused on me.

"Is my brother's snoring the only reason you can't sleep?" she asked.

"No. I 'aven't been able to sleep since May ninth." I said. I really shouldn't have said the last part, but I did. I don't know why.

"Why not?" her eyebrows furrowed just a tiny bit. I let out a sigh.

"Cause that was the day my mum was killed. I usually stayed up all night tryin' to calm down my brother or I just can't seem teh sleep cause teh much is on my mind."

"Oh." there was quietness for a little. "How did she die?" she spoke in a soft quiet voice.

"My brother, Tommeh(Tommy), was takin' 'er out for dinner for mum's day. 'e left 'er alone for a few minutes and when 'e came back, all 'er things were gone and she was shot. Tommeh blames 'imself for what 'appened. She was mugged while 'e was off." I rubbed the back of my neck as I looked away. I felt a hand rub my back softly.

"I'm so sorry, Oliver." she said quietly. I just stayed quiet. After a while, I decided to break the silence

"Tell me about yourself." I said while looking at her. She gave a small smile and took a breath.

"Well, okay. Um, I moved here just a few weeks ago with my family from Virginia back in the U.S., I'm 17, I will be 18 on August 24, I like photography, my eyes change colors, I don't have a favorite color, I like all music, I hate stereotypes, I'm a lover not a fighter, I lack the skill to draw, my parents are assholes, I'm not one to speak up a lot, I'm shy, and I don't know what else to say." she laughed at the last part. Her eyes sparkled the whole time she was talking.

"You don't seem so shy." I laughed. She just rolled her eyes.

"I'm not usually this talkative. And now it's your turn." I thought for a second.

"Ok. Well I'm 21, I will be 22 on November 20, I have a younger brother Tommeh, I'm in a band, I like tattoos obviously, I like purple and blue, I will listen to almost anything, I'm not gonna lie to you so I am usually kind of a man whore, I can be a complete arse, I like to party, I drink, I smoke, I am loud, I don't like it when people touch my hair no matter what, I like fun, and I can't think of what else to say." I smiled. She just nodded. I looked at her. "What's your full name?"

"Samantha Leigh-Anne Brooks. Yours?"

"Oliver Scott Sykes D'Saval."

"Do you have any other job besides being in a band?" her eyes still sparkled. They were a green blue right now.

"Yeah. I work in a record store." I smiled. She nodded her head again and looked at the floor. It was quiet for a bit. I still just looked at her. "Why weren't you sleeping?" She looked at me again. She looked like she had no clue what to say. She looked distressed.

"Um, I have insomnia." she said. She changed the subject after that and we continued talking. Soon enough it was about 8 in the morning.

"You should go back to Chris' room before he wakes up." she suggested. I nodded my head and said my goodbye and left.

There was something about Samantha that I liked. And I liked it a lot. But would Chris mind, being her older brother and all.

Maybe I should ask...
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? I hope so. :)

Subscribes? Comments?

Thanks! :D