The Heart Never Lies

Of All Things

For the rest of the day, I had successfully ignored Daniel. I couldn’t help but feel eyes on me. I shivered at the thought of looking back to find those pair of blue eyes. It was the last period of the day. Gym. Unfortunately, Daniel is in this class too. Ms. Hawthorne told us that we could do whatever we wanted to. Thank god for that. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I figured it was Daniel so I was ready to scream again. I slowly turned around and a sigh of relief escaped my mouth.

“Hayden!” Rafe opened his arms big and wide with a cheeky grin. I stood there dumbly staring at him.

“Well? Are you going to hug me or what?” I giggled and gave him a big long hug. Rafe was like the big brother I never had. Wait, scratch that. He is the big brother I never had.

“Yo! Love birds! Break it off!” Sam called out. Did I mention Sam had this class too? Well, he does. Rafe and I let go and smiled sheepishly. I gave Sam a quick hug before randomly talking and debating about how evil villains explain their evil plans to the good guys. It’s really weird! From a far away distance, I saw Daniel with a bunch of people sitting on the bench. Of course, he’s never by himself after all. I can’t get this nagging feeling off me that he’s actually staring at me.

“Hayden!” Rafe and Sam said in unison.

“Huh?” I looked at them with a confused look.

They rolled their eyes at the same time. I’m starting to think that they are actually real brothers.

“You’ve been spacing out for a minute now.” I didn’t realize that. Ugh, stupid Daniel. Get out of my head! I felt two hands on each side of my shoulders. I stared into brown and green eyes.

“Guys,” I said reassuringly. “I’m fine. Promise. I just got a lot on my head.” I flashed them a smile.

“Well Sam and I are here for you if you need anything!”Rafe and Sam gave me a bone crushing hug. I waved at quick bye to them and walked over to Brooke.

I think that Brooke and I were pretty good friends. Not close like Kayla and I however.

“Brooke!” I ran to her and gave her a hug. She returned my hug and grinned. Brooke wasn’t sweet or innocent at all. At first she might, but in fact, she’s quite the opposite. Brooke Evans is simple and speaks her mind. However, she can be a little clumsy and be a pushover. Plus she’s gorgeous too. She had a very lean figure, tall, light brown hair and green eyes.

I hung out with her and a couple of my other friends until the bell rung. I momentarily forgot what had happen between Daniel and I. That was until I saw Daniel however. A mixture of anger and sadness swept through me. I don’t know if I’m just overreacting but what he did really hurt me. I could see him along the sides slowly following me.

“What do you want?” I stopped briefly facing him .

“Look Denny-“

“Don’t call me that!” I snapped at him. “It’s not the same anymore!” I felt hot tears run down my face. “You left me. FOR YOUR FUCKING POPULARITY! YOUR FUCKING REPUTATION! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!” I attempted to run away before he could say anything else. He was too quick and grabbed my hand. Next thing I knew, I was on his chest, hearing his heart beat. I tried pulling away from him but his grip on me was too tight.

“Let go of me Daniel.” I said softly, trying to calm down. I was shaking, crying.

“I didn’t mean to. I’m really sorry.” He slowly let go forcing me to look at him. He really did look sincere. But I can’t, not now. It’s too late. I sighed rubbing my forehead.

“Daniel,” I said softly, not wanting to scream anymore. “You won’t get back seven years with one sorry or a million. It takes more than that.” I slowly walked away. Just then, I heard someone talking to Daniel. All I heard was: “I tried.”

I walked while wiping my tears. I fasten my pace to go to the nearest bathroom. By then, all I could hear were my soft sniffles. All I could feel were my hot tears running down my face. I went over to the sink and looked at myself. Pathetic. I thought. Crying over a guy, over Daniel? It’s not worth it. I sprinkled my face with water until I heard a door open.

“Hayden?” Oh, I know that voice anywhere.

“Kayla…” I faced her.

“Oh my god, Hayden! Why are you crying?” She quickly pulled me into a hug and patted my back soothing me.

“Kayla, I don’t think I’m going to the get together tonight.”

“What?! Why?!” She let of go rapidly shaking me back and forth. I began to feel dizzy.

“Kayla! Calm down! You’re making me dizzy!” Geez, Kayla is surprisingly strong. Now I know how Sam feels. She looked at me full of worry.

“So, why aren’t you going?” She said frowning.

“I…” I don’t know if I should tell her. Daniel being an excuse was a stupid idea. “My mom said we’ll be having plans tonight.” I gave her a ‘sorry’ smile.

She stared at me for what seemed like hours.

“You’re lying.” She folded her arms across her chest. This was the scary side of Kayla. She knows everything about me. I sighed in defeat.

“Guess there’s no hiding from you, huh?” I smiled slightly.

I told Kayla the whole story while walking home. Our neighborhood was like three blocks away, pretty close to school. Usually, Sam or the other brothers would walk with us but they had soccer practice. Halfway to home, I was done talking. Kayla is a really good listener. Halfway there, we would randomly talk about stuff that didn’t matter. We finally reached our houses. My house was one street away from hers. We both stopped where are streets would cross.

“Are you sure you aren’t really going?” She said with a gleaming hope in her eyes.
“Maybe I’ll change my mind.” I gave her a small smile and a quick hug before walking away.
“Girl! You better think about it!” I heard her screaming. I quietly chuckled. What an amazing girl she is.

I finally reached my house and got my key out.

“Mom! Dad! I’m home.” I called out setting my backpack down the couch. I quickly went over to the kitchen where my mom usually was.

“Welcome back home, hun.” She said giving me a kiss on the cheek and a small hug. “How was your day?” Ahh, typical parents.

“Good. Nothing much happened.” I lied. I went upstairs to greet Dad. I would usually find him in the office doing business papers. Dad turned around to face me. A smile crept up his face.

“Hey, Hayden.” I smiled giving him a kiss in the cheek. Dad turned around to get back to work again. I skipped to my room and turned on the computer. While waiting for it to open up, I quickly ran downstairs to get my bag. I checked my journal if I had any homework today. Let’s see: Homeroom, English, Algebra, World History, Chemistry, and Gym. Nope, no homework today. Plus it’s a Friday night anyway so I guess it doesn’t matter.

I went back over to my computer. The first thing I checked was Tumblr and Twitter. Seriously I can’t catch up with my dashboard or my tweets! Next thing I checked was Facebook and Myspace. I don’t really get many notifications there. The last thing I checked was my Mibba. It wasn’t a popular site but it was where I could write my heart out. And there are also a lot of nice people on there too.

After one hour, I was done with the computer. Just on cue, the doorbell rang. I walked downstairs to get the door.

“Hi Hayden.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Sorry if it's a bit late.

Comments are <3
Love you all. :) xx