Just Admit That You Love Me

Lauren's P.O.V

So Rylee was coming down and everyone was trying to calm Mikenna down. It was weird how I could already tell that Bree had figured out that he loved her. It was hard as one of his good friends to watch him squirm as Mikenna went on and on about how she was so happy that he was coming down. Tristyn for some weird reason was freaking out as well and trying to pick out all of her good clothes and so on.

He was coming tonight and Geoff and I were picking him up from the airport so Mikenna can clean up a bit for him. Bree as far as I knew was staying in our hotel for the time being and then was going back with Mikenna when Rylee left. We had already had our room checks this week by the teachers, who decided to chaperon the trip even though they didn’t really care at all what we did, so it was all good as far as room situations went.

“Bree are you sure your fine with this?” I said walking over to him and wrapping an arm around him to comfort him. He wrapped his arm around me and hugged me lightly before letting go and sitting down on the bed. He just sort of shrugged like it wasn’t that big of a deal to him at all and in a way that sort of worried me.

“I’m fine, why wouldn’t I be? Besides I met this girl the other night who wants to hangout tonight so I think I might just give her a call and tell her to meet me at the beach,” He said and I just laughed at him. Typical Bree, he was definitely a man whore but if he was ever in love, which he is, and he was with her, which he isn’t, then he would be faithful and sweet. He’s sweet to Mikenna now but she can’t see past just being friends.

“Okay well Geoff and I are going to drive to the airport right now to pick up Rylee. We won’t be back for about two hours because we aren’t exactly sure how to get there yet so you have time before you can sneak off without having to see Rylee,” He looked up at me and I knew something was wrong. I knew that look that Bree had because I had known him since kindergarten.

“He’s cheating on her,” He said in a huff and for some reason I knew that it had taken a lot for him to say that even though he just blurted it out. I looked at him stunned, who cheated on her? Who is her? Who is he? Is he talking about Rylee? He can’t be talking about Rylee. So many questions popped into my head and I couldn’t form the words or the nerves to ask him what he meant but then I didn’t have to. “Rylee is cheating on Mikenna,”

“With who?” I said even though my first concern should have been how long he knew and then running straight to Mikenna but for some reason I couldn’t bear to see her hurt right now seeing as she was so excited to see him. I knew that I should run to her right away once I got all the information but I didn’t think I could. How could I tell her that the guy she was in love with for 3 years, well besides her not knowing she actually loved Bree, was cheating on her.

“I don’t know,” He said and then he turned his head away. I just stood there wanting so badly to just punch Rylee in the face. I had to actually go and get the kid from the airport; it was a good thing Geof was driving because I’d probably turn around once we got half way because I was so angry with him. How could anybody even do this to Mikenna, she hardly deserved it.

“Are you going to tell her?” I said crossing my arms. There wasn’t any time for him to answer before Geof walked in, swinging the door wide open as his big dramatic entrance. He hadn’t really been talking to me all that much since the beach when I asked him if there was anything between us and in a way I was okay with that. I mean it did give me space and I started hanging out with Ethan even though Mikenna had him first; she swore she didn’t mind though. I knew that I was just a play thing to him though, but that feeling was mutual.

“Are you ready my lady?” Geof said bowing and holding the door open for me. I just rolled my eyes at him and looked at Braxton one last time before walking out to the door. Braxton would tell Mikenna for sure, besides it’s his big in for when they break up. He’ll be the knight in shining armour in their failed relationship. I knew that I was going to have to tell her myself and that should probably be really soon but what if Braxton was making it up, even though that was highly unlikely but you never know what people will do for love.

“You’re such a goof,” I said to Geof as we walked over to the elevator and pressed the down button, waiting for it to come. He looked at me and smiled playfully and I knew he was about to pull something on me that was either going to make me blush or smack him. We’ve been so distant lately so I was waiting for him to do whatever it was he was going to do so I could slap him for it.

“I’m an adorable goof though, girls can’t resist me,” I was right, I was waiting for the ‘smack me’ line. I waited patiently for him to say something but he seemed to be gathering his words. It wasn’t like him to think about what he was going to say and so I knew he was thinking of something that would set me on fire. He didn’t say anything though.

“I’m sure they can,” I said smirking at him. He just looked at me though and then brushed my hair behind my ear with his fingertips. I felt my heart flutter and then tried to focus on staying calm. He brought his lips down to mine and kissed me softly. I felt my hands move up his stomach and then through his hair as he brought himself closer to me. We had never in a million years kissed like that before and it was exhilarating and sweet and passionate and I didn’t want to stop. He pulled away though and then connected out eyes before kissing me lightly again and then resting his forehead against mine.

“What was that?” I said out of breath. He just smiled and then kissed my forehead before getting into the elevator that had appeared during our make-out session. I walked in as well and pressed the button for the first floor and looked over at his smirking face. I had to admit though when I said I knew he was going to think of something to set me on fire I didn’t think it would be in the passionate way.

The elevator opened again and we walked out and then out to the parking lot where Geof had parked the rental car he had just went and got. He unlocked the doors for us and then we got in and he started to drive. I had so many thoughts in my mind right now that I decided to just stay silent. I wasn’t sure what that kiss meant though, which was driving me up the wall right now.

“I told you girls can’t resist me,” He said smiling over at me. I felt the butterflies drop when he said that because he was just playing with me. Why did guys have to do that? I know that I just said that Ethan was doing that to me and I was doing that to him but I mean why do guys you like that most likely know you like them have to do that to you.

“You weren’t that great of a kisser, so I’m sure they can,” I lied. Geof was a freaking amazing kisser and he damn well knew it, but I wasn’t going to let him know that I thought he was even if he did know I was lying. I have too much pride to admit it and so I won’t. I looked over at him and smiled teasingly and he smiled back in an annoyed way.

“So how the hell did we get stuck picking up this douche from the airport?” Geof said and I just shrugged at him. All I knew was that Tristyn was supposed to but then backed out last minute and we both knew Bree wouldn’t want to and so I guess we sort of volunteered to. Wow, how great of friends are we? I felt my stomach crumble when I remembered what I had found out right before we left.

We drove the rest of the way in silence and only got lost once. I was impressed that Geof was smart enough to listen to me. I did have the map in my hands though, but normally he still wouldn’t listen to me. He likes to claim that he’s the king at finding out where to go but really he just stumbles onto it after we’ve gotten lost a million times and then denies that we did get lost.

We got out of the car and stood at the doors so that when Rylee came out he’d be able to find us. I felt so bad about allowing him to go see Mikenna after everything he did to her, after everything he’s still doing to her. It’s probably someone from back home, someone that will be able to give it to him while Mikenna was gone. It might be strange to say this but I don’t even think Mikenna gave him that much anyways and she was a pretty damn smart girl because of that.

We were waiting there for about ten minutes before we saw Rylee walk out with his suitcase in his hand. He looked really tired and I had to admit that it was a cute look for him but that didn’t mean he wasn’t a complete jack ass. I just nodded at him and then got back in the car and waited for Geof who was unlocking the trunk and Rylee who was putting his suitcase in it to get inside too so we could get back.

Once everyone was in the car and we started driving I started to think of things I could say to Mikenna. She thought she loved Rylee so in her eyes she would just think I was jealous. I was trying to find a way to show her because maybe if she saw that he wasn’t faithful to her then she would get over him quicker than if I just told her the bad news. It would help if I knew who this other girl was, but I didn’t and so I was on my own.

I looked over at Geof and wondered if I should tell him but then decided against it. It’s not fair enough as it is that Bree and I know what’s going on and she doesn’t but if the whole gang found out before she did than that would be complete and utter chaos and nobody wants that. Maybe I would tell her before she got to see Rylee, that way she wouldn’t have to go through the pain of seeing him ever again or maybe I should just throw his ass out of the car and run over him? I’m leaning very close towards option two right now.

“So…” Rylee said stretching out across the back seat. I rolled my eyes and didn’t even bother to make any form of communication with him. Geof on the other hand was completely clueless and so talking to him didn’t bother him at all even though I wasn’t too sure if it would bother him even if he knew.

“How you been?” Geof said keeping his eyes on the road. He turned into an open parking lot and looked over at me. He didn’t wait for Rylee to reply before speaking to me. “Get in the back,” I looked at him confused. We stopped just so he could tell me to get in the back of the car. Well you know what Geof? I don’t really want to get into the back of the car so screw you.

“Why?” I asked connecting my eyes with his. I was trying to look for answers in them but all I got was a cold heartless prick who didn’t really care about why I wanted to know and to be honest they kind of gave me the shivers. Why was he looking at me like that? Especially after that kiss we shared even though it meant nothing at all to him. I wanted to poke his eyeballs out with a pencil.

“Because we don’t really seem to be having a conversation here and I’d rather talk to Rylee, so mind getting out and moving your ass to the back of the car?” I felt my cheeks turn red hot and my forehead crinkle in anger. I was going to slap this stupid, childish boy right across the face! Who did he think he was telling me to ‘mind moving my ass to the back of the car’?

“Excuse me?” I practically screamed at him. His facial expression didn’t even change and so I knew that he’d probably be winning this one after I gave up. I just didn’t get why he was treating me this way, what the hell did I ever do to him to deserve this?

“Get. Out. Of. The. Car.” He said slowly like I was stupid and couldn’t understand him. I felt myself trying to hold my arms down and keep them there. I just looked at him with disgust and got out of the car before doing something I would regret later even though running him over with the car a hundred times laughing seemed liked a really fun thing to do that the moment.

“You’re such an ass,” I said as Rylee got out of the car with an extremely confused look on his face and got in beside Geof. I got into the back behind Geof’s seat and sat there looking out the window. Part of me wanted to burst out in tears but the other half of me didn’t want to show him that he hurt me. I felt a few tears escape my eyes anyways and quickly wiped them away before anybody could see. That’s what I get for kissing a jackass like him; him being an even bigger jackass than he originally was.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while, I know but I'm going to try and make more time in my busy summer schedule to write more. Love you guys.
Comment/Subscribe. ♥