Just Admit That You Love Me

Geoff's P.O.V

I kept looking through the rear-view mirror over at Lauren as we drove back to the hotel. I knew that I hurt her no matter how much of a mask she put on to cover it up, I knew that I did. I needed to hurt her though because I needed her to see that we couldn’t be together. So I kissed her earlier in the night; big deal. I only kissed her to prove a point and then regretted it after when I felt so much towards her, I had to push her away.

I pulled into the parking lot and parked the car in the same spot it was before. I didn’t bother using the garage for this piece of junk; it was a rental, nobody cared about it enough to steal it. I looked over at Rylee before getting out of the car with a disgusted look on my face. He was just a pawn to get Lauren to sit in the back. As if I’d want to sit beside him, or even engage in any sort of conversation either but I had to. I should really stop kissing girls if this is what it’s going to come down to.

I ignored the both of them as they got out of the car and then locked it before leaving them behind and walking into the hotel. I knew that I was being the world’s biggest ass right now but I had to be. I walked into the hotel where Trevor and David were sitting on the couch playing video games and nodded my head at them before sitting down on the couch beside them.

“What’s up, man?” David said while keeping his eyes on the screen. I personally didn’t know why they would be playing video games when they could be outside on the beach with a couple of hot chicks but I played Xbox all the time at home and so I wasn’t in any position to judge.

“Not much. You boys coming down to the beach for that party later on tonight?” I asked, before pushing David over and grabbing his controller from him. Of all things they would be playing Call of Duty; whatever I liked this game. I started to shoot at my enemies waiting for them to answer me. David got up and I could see him giving me the stink eye but I just laughed at him.

“Hells yeah,” Trevor said in excitement. I looked over at David who just nodded at me. Oh he’d get over it, it’s not like I stole the whole damn system from him. I guess that if I was in the middle of a game and someone stole the controller from me I’d be pretty pissed off too, but I didn’t really care to think about how I would feel if the situation was turned around, because well, it wasn’t.

“Alright, well I’m heading out soon then, if you guys want to head down there with me,” I said sitting up and throwing the controller over to David. Trevor just sort of mumbled a quick ‘yeah, yeah’ at me and David I don’t even think cared enough to answer. It’s always been like that with David though, we don’t really get along but we still consider ourselves friends.

I walked into my room where Braxton has put all of his things and immediately noticed the packs of condoms sticking out right at the top of his bag. ‘That’s my boy’ I thought laughing to myself. I’d been hooking up a lot lately to be honest and I don’t even remember any of their names. It started at the bonfire that first night with that one chick I hooked up with and she ended up introducing me to a bunch of her friends and so I already knew plenty of girls.

I changed into some shorts and a sweater and walked back out to where the guys were before putting on some sandals. I looked at them and figured that they probably weren’t going to be leaving with me since they were so infatuated with their game system and then got up and left. Whatever, they didn’t need me to find their way to the beach.

Of course I wasn’t going to the beach right away and so I walked over to where Mikenna was staying because I figured that Braxton might have been with her until Rylee came and I wanted to find him. I didn’t even bother knocking because I knew the door would be unlocked and I didn’t have to worry about anything because every smart person knows that Mikenna hasn’t given it up yet.

“Yoh,” I shouted as soon as I walked in just in case any of the other guys had people over. No one was there except for Braxton who was sitting on a stool at the kitchen counter eating some food. I laughed and walked over to him before raiding the fridge and taking out a beer.

“Are we going down soon?” Braxton said finishing up whatever it was he was eating and grabbing a beer from the fridge as well. I took a sip of mine and looked over at the clock that was hanging up on the wall. It was 10 so I figured that we’d heading down shortly. I sort of wondered if David and Trevor would even take a break from their gaming life and come down to the beach. I knew that Spencer would because he was a major partier and was never even at the hotel, and so I knew that once I found him then things would be good.

“Yeah, I’d say around 10:30 or so,” I said shrugging. “Why, do you have a hot date for tonight?” It was so typical Braxton to hook up with every girl, of course he wasn’t as pro as me but he’s learning. I find it odd how Mikenna never noticed though; she’ll just laugh or pat him on the back without even considering it. She was so oblivious to her own feelings that it wasn’t even funny and I was starting to feel bad for Braxton.

I however am not going to think about the subject of Mikenna and Braxton any longer because everyone is way too obsessed with them and their friendship. It’s their business and sure it peeks my curiousity sometimes too but I could really care less about what they were doing or their feelings for each other and I think that a lot of people should just leave it alone too. You don’t have to ask a brother how he is doing every time his girl’s boyfriend comes down to visit because it’s common sense that he’s feeling pretty shitty and wants to get his mind off of it.

“Yeah and that hot date’s got a friend,” He said smirking at me. I knew just by the look on his face that he wasn’t talking about one for me and one for him. Oh, man, he’s smoother than I thought. I laughed at him and stood up walking over to the couch and sitting on it. The TV was turned down low and it was playing some sort of weird animal show. I looked over at Braxton with questioning eyes but he just shrugged, walked over and sat down on the other couch.

“You better hope that I don’t come and snatch one from you,” I said spreading myself out on the couch. I looked over at him and smirked. It was funny how cocky Braxton could be when he wanted to and how much of a man he could be too. I guess his actions have me to blame seeing as I taught him everything he knows but who cares? We’re guys, we like to have fun.

“You wish,” Braxton said so sure of himself. “Besides if I know you any better, you’d be hooking up with Lauren the whole night,” I felt my stomach do a flip flop when he said her name. What the hell? Stomachs do not do flip flops, especially over a girl. What the hell did a flip flop mean anyways? Did it mean that maybe I sort of like her a lot? Someone should really let a guy know about how girls have the ability to make weird things happen to you once you like them.

“Naw, she’s probably not going to be talking to me for a really long time,” I said trying to shrug it off like it was no big deal. As long as I continued thinking that it wasn’t a big deal than I would truly believe that it wasn’t. I looked over at him and shrugged when I noticed his confused expression. “I was a really big dick to her,”

“That doesn’t surprise me,” He said laughing. I knew he was kidding but something inside of me didn’t take any comfort in his remark. I hated seeing that look on Lauren’s face after I did that to her today and I hated seeing those few tears I saw escape her eyes as well. I didn’t like being a dick to her to be honest and that was sort of a weird concept for me.

“Yeah, well, she’ll come around eventually,” I said even though I wasn’t so sure that she would. I mean, why would she? I took advantage of her feelings for me today. If anyone else had done what I did to her today I probably would of kicked his ass but at least this way we weren’t getting to comfortable around each other and the feelings would eventually go away.

“You should hook up with Tristyn tonight,” He said laughing. I almost choked on my own spit when he said that. He does know that I don’t like her at all right? Or has he been my best friend for all these years for nothing? I mean Tristyn was hot but she was such an easy target. We men like challenges unless the girl is sexy as hell in which case we don’t mind one bit. But in general being easy is such a turn off.

“How about I not do that and say that I did?” I said smirking. In my opinion I didn’t even think I would like that going around to peoples ears. Tristyn’s a good friend of mine, she really is, she just needs to calm down a little bit and stop thinking so damn highly of herself. Hooking up with her those few times were fun but she was less sure of herself back then and it was sort of cute in a way.

“Alright well we should get going now,” We both got up from the couch and walked over to the door. So I was thinking that this night was going to be pretty messed up. Braxton had his ladies, Mikenna had Rylee, Lauren was probably with that guy she was always with and Tristyn was probably somewhere with anyone she might have laid eyes on today.

When we got out of the hotel the air immediately hit me and I smiled. It was cooling down in a way where it wasn’t really cool at all but you still felt a chill. I could hear the beach, already packed with people, sounding just like a place I wanted to be right now. I mean, beaches were my thing and girls liked beaches so it was a win, win situation for me and I loved that.

“If you see Mikenna tonight,” Braxton said turning to me about to head off in search of his date or should I say dates. It seemed like it was backwards day today. He was usually the one thinking about some girl he’ll never have and I was the one doing all the hot hook-ups. Today was all sorts of weird but I figured I would probably run into a few girls and just go from there.

“Make sure to tell her you’re not here. I know, I know. Jeez, I don’t think she’d care anyways,” I said looking over at a group of girls in miniskirts and bikini tops. Desperate, but not desperate enough to pass them up. I knew that there would probably be a little bit of sarcasm before the heavy stuff just by looking at them. Not an easy hook-up but not impossible either.

“Whatever, catch you later, man,” Braxton said and then he was walking away and I was heading over to the girls in the group who were now eye flirting with me. What a strange way to put that but that is what was going on right now and it was the best way I could think to describe it. I finally reached them and smiled at them with my award winning smile.

“How are you ladies doing tonight?” I said, wishing that I had gotten a beer first. Oh well there is plenty of it and it’s not like we’d have to be drunk for anything to happen anyways. I studied the girls in the group, all five of them. The first one I looked at had a super hot body but a cute face and was looking at me and smiling way too much – too easy. The second girl had pink in her hair and looked like she just came from a rock concert – too much effort. The third and fourth girls were cute and small but they were staring at me like they’d never seen a guy before – decent. The last girl though, the girl that was standing beside me was not what you would call hot but she was definitely cute. She was looking at me in a way that she didn’t want me around but would give in with time. She seemed badass and flirty and she was someone who wouldn’t call after regardless if I gave her my number – definitely my type.

“”Not too bad, but um, do you think you could go hit on another group of girls? Abercrombie assholes aren’t really our thing,” The girl with the pink in her hair said. I laughed a little bit and shrugged. Oh this was too easy, she was definitely playing hard to get and I loved how feisty she was, but still it would take too much effort. I like a little bit of a chase but not a huge one.

“Don’t listen to her,” The really smiley girl said. I winked at her for a thank you and smirked when she started blushing like crazy. I loved knowing that I could have that effect on the ladies. I was attractive and so I tended to get a reaction when I was around people. And pink hair chick didn’t know what she was talking about because Abercrombie guys are way hot… and I just dug myself a whole for being gay there. I’m just going to try to stop thinking now.

“No worries, it’s all cool. Can I get you girls anything to drink?” I said looking at the girl beside me. She just half smiled at me and then raised an eyebrow. Scratch that, she wasn’t cute, she was sexy. It surprised me how all she had to do was raise her eyebrow for me to realize it but she was and I was wanting a taste of her a little bit more by the second.

“You know what girls, I’m just going to head off now,” She said walking away. I completely ditched the other girls without getting an answer and followed her confused with why she left. There was something intriguing about how she tried to get away from me and it just made me want her more. I let her walk for a few minutes until letting her know that I was following her. She ended up walking to a place where nobody else was and I liked that.

“Why’d you run off?” I said leaning against the wall of a building that she had gone to. It wasn’t really a building but they were all the same thing to me. We were standing at the side of it I noticed and there was nothing but grass and darkness around us. We were at the starting of a field; I wonder where she would have went if I hadn’t of stopped her. Damn, its times like these where I wished I would just shut up for a little whiler longer.

“Last time I checked you were the running off type, not me,” She said and I looked at her confused. For Pete’s sake I ended up choosing a girl that just walked out of the loony bin. I should have just stuck with the rocker chick or the cute girl that kept smiling every ten seconds. It was just like me to choose the nut ball out of the group. I needed to get better at reading communication.

“Huh?” I said watching her cross her arms over her chest. She just stood there staring at me like I was supposed to catch on to something that I clearly was not aware of. I just waited for her to speak so that I didn’t have to figure out whatever twisted thing she wanted me to figure out myself. Waiting… waiting… still waiting. Okay what the hell was she talking about?

“You really don’t remember me, do you?” She said and then I caught on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ouuuuu. :)
Aha, comment/subscribe. ♥