Just Admit That You Love Me

Lauren's P.O.V

“Geoff! Put me down right now!” I squealed out as I was lifted over his shoulder. I started to punch his back but he wouldn’t put me down. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go in the water yet and so Geoff decided for me and that’s why I’m about to be thrown into the ocean.

“You’re going swimming, Lauren,” Geoff said as he started to walk into the water. I continued to punch him and I even kicked him a few times but he wouldn’t put me down. The water had reached his knees when he finally lifted me off his shoulder but that didn’t mean I was free.

I felt the cold ocean water hit my skin as I landed in the water. The first thing I did when the shock wore over was slap Geoff and then I ran over to Bree and dragged him in the water with me. Mikenna didn’t want to go in the water but that didn’t stop all three of us from grabbing her and throwing her in.

“I’m going to kill you guys!” She screamed going to shore and removing her now wet shorts so that they could dry. She ran over to Bree and jumped on him, knocking him down into the water. They started laughing after that and were chasing each other around and soon Geoff and I joined in.

I don’t know how Bree feels about Mikenna but you could definitely see sparkles in Mikenna’s eyes when she looked at him. The worst part about it is that she doesn’t even know how she feels about him because she hasn’t figured it out yet. She thinks she’s in love with Rylee and I know that she could be but I also know that Bree will always win over the rest of the guys she’ll ever date.

Don’t get me wrong, Rylee is a sweet guy but Bree has always been special to her and everybody except for the two of them could see it. She’s the reason why everyone calls him Bree in the first place. When she was really little, maybe 3 or 4 she couldn’t say Braxton and for some reason she took a liking to calling him Bree and it just sort of stuck with him growing up. It’s weird how we are all still friends from kindergarten but we’ve always been a pretty tight knit group.

The only person who hasn’t really been that close with us lately is Tristyn and nobody knows why. She was obviously seeing a new guy that she wasn’t telling anybody about but that has never stopped her from communicating with us before. She passed up a beach for crying out loud. Tristyn never passes up the beach.

We all got out of the water and sat down on the towels that we had brought. Bree and Mikenna were sitting beside each other and then Bree ended up lying down with Mikenna’s arm wrapped around his waist and her head on his chest. It wasn’t anything new to see them like this though, they’ve always been touchy feely friends just not in a sexual way.

“Yoh, Braxton,” Geoff said looking out across the sand. “We’ve got a couple of hotties walking down the beach in our direction.” I couldn’t help but feel a slight bit of jealousy when he said that. Geoff and I had a complicated relationship; we would make out and flirt and then go back to the way things were before without any awkwardness but lately there has only been friendship intended gestures towards me and I wasn’t sure if I liked that.

“You’re such a pig,” Mikenna said sitting up and throwing sand at Geoff. He looked towards her and glared before throwing sand back at her. She just laughed and laid down on her towel closing her eyes. Braxton got up and Geoff followed as he walked over to the girls that were now only a few metres away from us. I rolled my eyes and turned to look at Mikenna who was looking over at the guys in disgust.

“Can you believe them?” I said turning away from the guys completely and focusing all my attention on trying to find some good looking guys. It wasn't hard to find them because they just sort of walked up to us. They were pretty damn hot too; their hot muscles were the first thing I noticed and then their eyes had me drooling.

“You girls looking for some company?” The taller one with short brown hair and dreamy green eyes said looking down at us. I smiled and looked over at Mikenna who was biting down on her lower lip.

“As a matter of fact we are getting a little lonely,” I said standing up and extending a hand towards him. “I’m Lauren,” He shook my hand and then the other guy who had longer darker brown hair and amazing blue eyes shook my hand as well.

“I’m Ethan, and this is my buddy Travis,” The green eyed guy said. Mikenna stood up and shook their hands as well and introduced herself. I could see Travis eyeing her and I knew that he was attracted to her. Who could blame the guy, Mikenna was one gorgeous girl.

“You girls visiting?” Travis said more to Mikenna then to me. Mikenna smiled at him and then crossed her arms over her chest. I knew right then that she thought he was absolutely gorgeous and she was thinking about his full lips. I knew Mikenna too well and as quick as her smile came it was gone and the reason for that was because of Rylee.

“Yeah, we’re here for the summer. We came down from Southern Canada,” Mikenna said finally looking over at Ethan. I knew that she was feeling guilty right now but I didn’t really care. She needed to see that Rylee wasn’t the guy she wanted to spend the rest of her life with and sorry for being a bitch about it but she’s only ever been in 1 real relationship and anybody could see that Rylee wasn’t her soul mate.

“Sweet, we’ve got some hot Canadians on our hands,” Ethan said checking me out without hiding it whatsoever.

“We’re from Cali,” Travis said winking at Mikenna. I smiled knowing that if we saw these guys other than today then something would definitely be going on between the two of them and Rylee would soon be out of the picture. She thinks about him way too much and it’s not healthy at all for a girl her age.

“You girls going to the bonfire tonight?” Ethan said putting an arm around my waist. Usually I would mind but not with him, he was too dreamy. I shrugged and looked over at Mikenna who was again biting on her lower lip.

“Yeah, we’ll be there,” I said looking up at him and smiling.

“Look for us then because we definitely want to be seeing more of you two,” Travis said and then they both winked before walking away. I thought about how many other girls they had swooning over them and how many they probably invited to the bonfire but then I didn’t care. Tonight we were hanging out with 2 hot California guys.

“I can’t believe you did that,” Mikenna said turning to me once they had gotten far enough away that they wouldn’t be able to hear us. I looked at her confused for a minute, was she seriously mad at me right now?

“Don’t get so mad, you need to meet more people. It’s not like I promised you would have sex with them, we’re just hanging out. You don’t have to do anything but talk to them,” I said sitting down on my towel. I had forgotten about the guys and had just remembered them when they walked over and sat down beside us. Mikenna rolled her eyes at me and smiled before looking over at Bree and Geoff.

“So, did you manage to sweep them off their feet?” Mikenna said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear that the wind had blown over her face. I let me hair blow with the wind because the air was warm and felt nice on my skin.

“Oh yeah,” Bree said smirking, “We’re meeting them at the bonfire tonight,” I looked over at Mikenna and we burst out laughing. This was going to be fun; we’re all going to the bonfire together which means that we’re all going to be spending time with our possible dates as a group.

“Great, we’re meeting some guys there too,” I said leaning my body on my hands and letting my head rest back while the sun beamed down on my skin. I was looking forward to a tan while I was here and I was going to get one.

“Won’t Rylee be jealous when he finds out about this,” Geoff said looking over at Mikenna in a teasing way. She just looked up at him and glared; it wasn’t hard to see that she was already feeling guilty about the whole thing.

“We’re just hanging out,” Mikenna said lying down on her towel. Geoff started to laugh while Bree walked over to her and took her hand helping her back up. Geoff and I immediately knew that they were going to have an hour long talk and so we didn’t even glance at them when they walked away leaving us there together, alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe. :)