Just Admit That You Love Me

Mikenna's P.O.V.

“Braxton, you don’t get it do you?” I said kicking some sand with my feet. We had been talking for half an hour already and the bonfire which I needed to get ready for was in an hour and a half. I placed my sandals that I had been carrying on the ground and slipped them on my feet so that I could walk back to my hotel while talking with Braxton.

“I don’t get what I’m supposed to be getting here,” Braxton said intertwining his fingers with mine. I loved the bond that we had between us; it was unbreakable and too memorable for anything to come between us. We were in a bit of an argument right now but that didn’t stop us from being close to each other. Braxton was way too comfortable to be around to ever have tension between us.

“I’m a virgin!” I said a little too loudly and then regretted it when a few people turned to stare at me. I wasn’t ashamed of the fact that I hadn’t had sex yet it was just the fact that I had been with Rylee for 3 years and still we hadn’t moved to that particular stage in our relationship. Braxton looked at me confused, like I had said something completely stupid. I had forgotten that he didn’t know that part about my life because I hadn’t told him.

“What does that have to do with anything?” He said as we reached the hotel and walked into our room to get ready. I was happy that the bathroom was right outside our room and that there were more than one of them because then everybody in this house would be screwed.

“He hasn’t answered my texts or calls and it’s been well over 6 hours since we landed. It’s Rylee, he’s incredible but he’s a guy,” I walked over to my dresser and looked through the drawers for something to wear. We were hanging out with a couple of cute boys so it wouldn’t hurt to dress up a little bit. I guess when you put it that way it sounds like I’m overdoing it but I just meant that I should dress casual and cute.

“If you can’t trust him then why are you with him?” I looked over at Braxton and glared at him. How could he say something like that? I was obviously with Rylee because I loved him and I do trust him, but he’s a guy and all guys hate waiting. It’s not like one of those cheesy movies where the person wants to but they aren’t ready. I’m not ready because I don’t want to. I don’t feel what I should be feeling towards him, I love him, I just don’t want that part of him yet. However, when I do want him bad enough it will probably seem like a cheesy movie.

“I love him,” I said pulling out a pair of shorts and a top and putting them on. The shorts were cute and jeaned and the top was navy and pretty. I then placed a few bracelets on my wrists and then a big blackish coloured ring on my second last finger on my right hand. I turned to look back at Braxton who had changed too and waited for his response. It was strange because he just sort of stood there looking at me for a little while with this look in his eyes that I hadn’t seen before.

“Whatever you say,” He said shaking his hair to make it look like he hadn’t spent 10 minutes on it. “I get the bathroom first in the mornings,” Well that was a complete subject change but I guess the other conversation had died a little bit which I was sort of thankful for.

“I’m the girl, I get the bathroom first!” I declared while using some hair products to dampen my hair and mousse it so that I had soft natural looking curls. I walked over to Braxton who was now sitting on the bed and grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room.

“We’ll see about that,” He said following me outside. I figured that we would grab a bite to eat before heading down to the bonfire. I had seen a little restaurant in beside all the antique shops that were connected to the hotel and figured that we would just eat there.

I had no idea how to speak the language here and so it was a good thing that Braxton knew a little bit of it and it was enough to be able to order our food. I looked over at him and raised an eyebrow surprised that all his tutoring that he had been taking before the trip paid off. Braxton was never the type of guy to pay attention in school or anything that required thinking, I was always helping him.

He smiled at me as the waiter left the table to get our drinks first and then our food. I hadn’t really told him what I wanted to eat but I trusted what he ordered for me because he knew me more than anybody else. I’m pretty sure he knew me better than my parents did. Sometimes I think he even knows me better than myself, which is a scary thought to me. I have no idea what I’d do without this guy sitting right in front of me.

“So, are you going to be meeting up with those girls?” I asked smiling at him. I’m not stupid, I knew that he had probably already thought about them naked and he and Geoff were obviously planning some one night stands. It didn’t take a genius to figure that out.

“Are you meeting up with those guys?” He said smirking. I knew he was just saying that to bug me because I already felt guilty about making plans with them and Lauren. I figured, well hoped that Tristyn would show up and take my place and I could just walk around and talk to random people without it seeming like it was a date.

“I guess that I kind of have to,” I said shrugging. He looked at me disgusted for a minute and I knew that I had said something that he hated hearing from me. I waited for him to just come out with it and give me trouble for the words that I had just spoken. Sometimes it was a pain in the ass having someone there to treat me like they were my older brother.

“You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to, Mikenna,” He said, giving me a disapproving look. “Tell Lauren that you don’t want to hang out with them. I guarantee you that she’ll understand and just bring Tristyn.” I shrugged knowing that he was probably right but I wanted to go to this bonfire.

“I know, I guess in a way I want to meet new people,” I said trying to ease up the conversation a bit. Braxton was way too overprotective of me sometimes but I loved him none the less. The waiter came back with our drinks and handed them to us before running off to get our food.

“Just promise me that you’ll have some fun and not slump around thinking about Rylee. Jeez, you’re acting like he dumped you or something,” He said shaking his head. I knew that I was a very frustrating person and that I was probably frustrating him at a very high level right now and so I nodded my head and didn’t say anything for a while.

The waiter came back with our food and I looked down at what Braxton had ordered for me and laughed. Of course he would order me my simple burger and fries. I noticed some ketchup beside me and poured a lot of it onto my plate. I loved ketchup so much that if I could marry it, I definitely would.

We started eating and everything was silent for a while, but it wasn’t awkward. We were both just deep in thought and lost in our own worlds for a bit. It wasn’t long until we were both finished, satisfied that we had something other than plane food to eat.

“We should probably get going. I’ll text Lauren and Tristyn and tell them to meet us there and you can text Geoff,” I said taking out my phone and sending both Lauren and Tristyn a message telling them to meet us at the bonfire and to leave soon. I got a reply within 2 seconds from Tristyn telling me that she wasn’t feeling very well and then soon after Lauren sent me a reply telling me to text her when I’m at the beach.

“Mikenna,” Braxton said looking at me seriously. There was something in his voice that worried me, like he thought something bad was going to happen. I decided to ignore that feeling I had in my gut telling me to beg him for answers and just play it cool. Besides, knowing Braxton it’s probably not even that bad.

“Yeah…” I said hesitantly, trying to prepare myself for any extremely bad news that might be coming my way. All he did was smile and start laughing at me. I guess he could tell that I was worried and was just messing with me the whole time. I punched him in the arm lightly as we walked to the beach with our arms linked.

“You are so easy to confuse and upset, Mikenna. You need to work on that a little bit,” He said in a teasing tone. I pushed him away from me and laughed whole heartedly but with a slight bit of uneasiness. There was something about his eyes that made me shiver when I looked at him. They were so soft and loving and something inside me went boom when our eyes connected. I hadn’t noticed that Braxton had eyes that soft before.

“Yeah, well you’re an asshole!” I whined walking towards the sand that I could now see. When I got to where I was walking to I removed my sandals and let the sand squish between my toes. I felt Braxton a few metres behind me and turned around to face him. He looked different here in the dark. I mean; I’ve seen him at night time before obviously but he looked different. I finally realized why thought; he suited the beach. At home we had a beach but not one as pretty as this and Braxton has always been one to love water and I guess that he just looks to natural walking along this beach. It was sort of strange to be seeing him in this new perspective but I shrugged it off and texted Lauren to let her know that I was here.

“You love me,” He said smugly walking over to me and putting one of his toned arms around my shoulders. I looked up at him and smiled. I did indeed love him, this boy was half of my world. The other half of my world was Rylee and I had decided that I wasn’t going to worry about him anymore. He’s my boyfriend; my beautiful, sexy, trustworthy boyfriend and I wasn’t going to let my dumb non sense worrying get in the way of my vacation here this summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Subscribe. :)
It's been a while since I've updated and I'm sorry for that.
It's summer and I've been busy but I promise to update regularly now.

Mikenna's Outfit