‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

The Hardest Part Of This Is Leaving You

“Do you want me to answer it?” I asked.

“Um . . .” Will got up and went to the door. “It might be better if you and Bren lay low while we're still in Nevada. I mean, you never know who could be at the door.” he said.

“Yeah, Bill's right. It could be the cops, you know?” Spencer said.

“Um, right. Well you go ahead and answer the door then. I'm going to go raid your fridge. Come on Bren.” I said pulling him into the kitchen.

He followed me silently.

I opened the fridge and pulled out two apples.

“Here.” I said handing one to him.

“I'm not hungry.” he mumbled.

“Come on, you need to eat something. Please?” I begged. I wasn't going to let him starve himself.

“Fine.” he said. He took it from me and slowly took a bite.

“Thank you.” I smiled and took a bit myself.

“Ryan! Brendon! You better get out here!” Kaela called. I looked at Brendon and shrugged.

We walked in and the first thing I saw was a familiar girl with short dark brown hair standing in the middle of the room.

“Vicky?” I questioned. What was she doing here? Last I heard, she was back in Jersey or something like that.

She squealed and ran over hugging both Brendon and I at the same time.

“You could be more excited you know. I havent seen you guys since the wedding. And that was a year and a half ago!” she scolded.

“I'm sorry.” Brendon and I both said in unison.

“It's alright. I know you guys have a lot on your shoulders. Kaela called me last night and explained everything. You guys are lucky I was in town. I just so happen to be your ride to California.” she said. Brendon and I both looked at eachother.

“You're going to drive us all the way to San Francisco?” Brendon asked.

“Well, we'll be taking turns with the driving, but yeah. Pretty much.” she said.

Thats great Vicky, but don't you, you know, have a life back east somewhere or whatever? Why would you want to drive us ll the way up to California?” Brendon asked.

“you know me. I'm always up for a little adventure. “she explained.

“I have a question.” Brendon started. All the attention turned to him. “Are we really doing this? I mean its one thing for me and ryan to go, but all of you? You all have lives, jobs, families.” he emphasized the word looking directly at Kaela and Jon. Jon, who had just entered the room. “You can't just pick up and leave.” he finished.

There was a pause.

“Well I for one hate Vegas.” Kaela started. “the only reason I stayed here was because of well, Jon.” Awkward pause. “And you guys. S if you guys go, then I'm right there with you, along with my family. Besides, it'll be nice to be back home where I grew up.” she said.

“And I'll go where ever my family goes. No matter where it is.” Jon said, ignoring the awkward silence that he caused.

“And I'm going where my best friend are going. Brendon, we were your first friends in high-school. We've always been there fro you, even when Ryan came into the picture, and that wont change now.” Spencer said.

“Yeah, Bill and I need a new place to fuck anyway.” Gabe said, earning an elbow in the side from William.

“What he means is, we'll come with you guys, and stay as long as possible, but we are kinda broke, so we may have to come back. But we'll keep in touch, and let you guys know whats going on here.” Will said.

“According to Gabe, I don't have a choice.” Patrick said nonchalantly.

“This is crazy.” I said.

Kaela rolled her eyes. “Will you two stop complaining and just accept it already? Just be thankful im not making you guys go through this on your own.” she said.

“Okay you guys. Van leaves in an hour. That's how long you have to get your shit together.” Vicky said.

Everyone muttered an “Okay” except for Brendon who interrupted.

“Um” he said. “The focus turned to him again. He turned to me. “What about my mom? And yours? You know how my mom is, I cant just leave without saying goodbye. It would break her heart.”

Not that he hasn't done it before.

And it'll break her heart anyway. I'm sure shes heard about what happened.

I turned to vicky. “Can we make one stop before we go?”

~*~

I called my mom and told her to meet me at Grace's house. She began fraking out and asking questions the minute she answered the phone. I told here I would explain everything once we got there.

I wasn't looking forward to the outcome.

How was I going to tell my mother I was on the run from the cops and never coming home again?

How was grace going to take this news? Brendon and his mom have always been the closes out of any of his siblings. Especially after his dad left. The rest of the siblings pretty much disowned them.

We pulled up to Ms. Urie's house, and Brendon tightened his grip on m hand. He looked like he might start crying.

I wanted to assure him thing would be okay, but I was afraid my voice would break, a di would start crying too.

“Okay you guys. Take as long as you need. We'll be out here waiting for you. Tell aunt grace said hi.” Vicky said in a sympathetic tone.

I nodded and crawled out of the van.

I grabbed his hand and hurridly pulled him up the driveway. I was afraid that if I didnt hurry, that someone might see us. Yes I'm paranoid, but I have good reason.

I didn't even knock. We just barged in and found My mom and his mom sitting on the couch looking worried.

“Oh my god! Brendon! I'm so glad you're okay. W-what happened? W-whats g-going on?” Ms Urie jumped up and embraced her son the moment we walked in.

My mom did the same.

I sniffed. “We need to tell you something.”

She pulled away and sat back down on the couch.

“Boys, we know what happened, its all over town, their out looking for you. What we want to know is w-why?” my mom said.

Brendon looked like he was fighting back tears with everything he had, so I figured I'd explain, but Brendon cut me off before I could start.

“He tired to hurt Ryan.” he said. “I didn't mean to kill him. Th-the g-gun just went off.” he stuttered. A few tears fell down his face. “We have to leave mom. I c-can't go to jail.”

There was silence.

“We came to say good-bye.” I choked. I fail at holding back tears.

“Where are you planning on going?” Grace asked.

“Kaela has a friend in California, that's going to let us stay with her. Kaela, Jon, Spencer, Patrick, Gabe and Will, are coming with us.” I said. Barely.

She nodded silently, crying. As was my mom.

“Come here.” My mom said. We walked forward, and she stood up hugging both Brendon and I.”Ryan, I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed me. But just know that I do love you, with all my heart, and I know that you'll be okay. And Brendon, I love you like a son, and I have from the moment I saw how happy you made Ryan. I love you buys so much. And I'm glad you found each other. We'll keep in touch, be safe please.” I was on the verge of sobs.

“I love you too mom. I'm so sorry.” I said.

Ms. U stood up and took her turn hugging us.

“I love you boys so much. I'm going to miss you to no end. Ryan, I've liked you from the moment you step foot on our lawn. You've always made Brendon happy, and I've loved you like a son. Brendon, I love you so much. You're the reason I was able to stand up to that bastard or a father of yours. I'll come visit you as soon as its safe. Please, please stay safe. I love you so much.” she sobbed. I went back to hug my mom, and Brendon continued to hug his.

“You boys better go.” my mom whispered. I nodded and pulled away.

“I love you.” I said.

“I love you too.” she said kissing my cheek. Now go. Call us when you boys get there.

We nodded and left the house. Bot still crying, almost sobbing. We got back I the van, and he wrapped his arms around my waist and began crying into my neck.

I hugged him back and did the same.

Everyone else was silent.

This should be a fun drive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this chapter sucks, I was really distracted while writing this. And sorry it took so long, my internet is down -_- i wont be able to update as often. yes, be sad. :(