Strawberry Fields Forever

Lucy.

The anger that Jude had shown towards her had left her shaken. She hadn't seen him react in such a way at any point during their relationship. It was unnerving how much she didn't know about Jude, it was as if she'd kidded herself into knowing who he was, but in reality she knew nothing. As her brother, Max, had put it, they were entangled in the beauty of love and were blind to the reality of what was happening around them.

Jude didn't care about what was happening in Vietnam, sure he cared about Max but he didn't believe in what she did. Lucy was desperate to fight for the cause and Jude wasn't behind her in her beliefs, he hated the idea and had kept it secret from her for so long. Until today, that is. Today Lucy discovered the malice and hatred that filled his soul and, although she didn't want it to, it changed her view on him. He wasn't the same man she'd fallen in love with.

Lucy stood in front of the closed door that barred her and Jude from each other. He had locked himself in there due to their argument and refused to let Lucy in, he wasn't interested in talking to her if all she cared about was protesting. That hit home, it made Lucy feel abandoned, she thought she could trust him to follow her in this but he didn't. All he did was draw doodles and cartoons without a care in the world because he wasn't going to be conscripted.

All Lucy wanted was to get Max home, he was out there in Vietnam doing god knows what and it was difficult for Lucy to think of anything else. Perhaps she was becoming more distant with Jude, but that was because she was desperate for Max back. If only Max were there then they wouldn't be in the situation that they were in, they'd be happy and carefree like they'd been not so long ago.

Lucy missed those days, days were they'd travel to the great unknown without an inkling of where they were going, they'd just go in order to have an adventure. Lucy missed have those adventures, she missed spending time with the guys and watching Sadie preform, she missed all of this and yet it didn't matter because she needed to be radical. Everyone needed to be radical, but no one would follow the cause and listen unless bombs were going off where they were. Perhaps if that happened people would open their eyes and see the damage they've done.

All she wanted was everything to go back to normal. For the war to be over and life to be carefree once more, but that wasn't going to happen judging by the latest events in the news. Lucy sat in front of the borrowed television that was broadcasting live from Vietnam, when watching the program her mind couldn't help but focus on Max and the fleeting hope that he was still alive and well. Jude opened the door to his art room quickly and without saying a word to Lucy he left the apartment.

Lucy sighed, he clearly was upset with her but it was what she wanted to do and if he didn't appreciate that then she was going to have to go to the protest on her own. Lucy stood up and noticed the dark red colour emitting from Jude's art room. She walked towards the room and looked at the artworks, shock coursing through her veins. The sight of the seemingly bleeding artwork made her want to cry, this was how he released his anger and it wasn't a sight Lucy had wanted to see. Grabbing her coat before switching of the saddening program Lucy made her way out of the apartment, walking towards the building where the protest would occur the next day.

It no longer matter if Jude wasn't behind her because she was going to fight for her cause, no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe.