‹ Prequel: Reminiscing
Sequel: Deleted Scenes
Status: Active

Caged Mentality

First

POV: Khristos Larkin

Who would have guessed Riel was such a kick ass guitarist? I had no idea he played, up until just moments ago. But holy shit was he hot the moment he picked up that guitar!

I watched them all come back from the stage, Riel and Eli both sitting on a table while the other three sat elsewhere, doing their own things. I still didn’t know the name of the bassist guy, though I figured out the other two. The drummer was Tadyn, and Kairo was the singer.

I walked over to Riel, wrapping my arms around his waist. “You should have told me you can play like that! It makes you even hotter.” I leaned forward to press my lips to his, having a hard time resisting him after that.

“Hotter, huh?” He smirked after pulling away, only to return his lips to mine, taking my face in his hands.

“I just want you back where you belong, Riel!” Eli interrupted loudly. What the hell was his problem? Couldn’t he just chill a minute? Of course not… He continued, “So does everyone else… What do I need to do? Take this kid’s band with us to get you?”

Fortunately for me, Riel was ignoring Eli completely, and I had him tuned out while I continued kissing Riel another moment before breaking the kiss and pressing my forehead to his. “Yeah, quite a bit hotter.” I grinned. What Eli had just said finally registered, and I pulled away from Riel to gape at Eli, then Riel, then Eli again. Did I even hear him right? “Wait, what?”

“Don’t listen to him.” Riel ordered as he stood. He turned to Eli. “You can take his band with you, but don’t just cause you want me. I refuse to play with you.”

Dammit… That wasn’t fair, Eli got my hopes up and then Riel crushed them… Oh well, there’s still other ways to get famous. My band just needed some work.

“Stop being a bitch.” A bottle flew past Riel, and I turned to find Kairo had thrown it. And called my boyfriend a bitch. Asshole. He had such great aim, too.

“Let’s go, Kris.” Riel kissed my cheek, laughing. He had a cute laugh, it made me happy, as did the kiss on my cheek.

“Fine…” I sighed, wrapping my arm around his waist.

“I will be seeing you soon, Riel.” Eli stated. It sounding almost like a threat… “We’re in town a while.”

Riel responded with a simple, to-the-point “Fuck off.”

“That would really help my band though.” I said once we were far enough away that the others couldn’t hear us.

“Don’t worry about it. Eli will come to bother me again…” He let out a sigh. “You’ll get a chance to play with them, probably. He likes discovering people.”

Hopefully that would happen.

“I guess I should tell Noah to schedule more band practices then, just in case.” I smiled, then had an idea. “You should come to a practice with me sometime. I know they’d all like meeting you.”

It sounded like fun, having my best friends and my boyfriend in the same place. Plus, then Riel could watch us play. He hadn’t seen me play drums yet. Sure I wasn’t the best drummer, but hey, I thought I was pretty good. I started playing when I was little, so I’ve had a lot of practice, and had a teacher when I was a teen. So it’s not like I sucked at drums.

“Sometime, sure. Sorry my brother is a pain in the ass.” Riel laughed as we got in his car.

“Nah, he kinda reminds me of the guitarist in my band, so it’s cool.”

“Don’t expect me to be playing again though. I don’t play anymore.”

I really didn’t understand that… He seemed to enjoy it, and he was good at it, so why not play? At least sometimes. “I don’t know why you don’t… You’re pretty awesome at it.”

“I’d rather help people.” He said as we pulled into his driveway. I guess that made sense… He did go through college to be a therapist, after all. Why waste that? Being a therapist was more productive anyway. “You really want me in that band? Although I kinda like the hotter part.” He grinned.

I laughed lightly as I followed him inside. “Well, I suppose I don’t really. I wouldn’t wanna be away from you all the time, it’d suck. But you should play with them sometimes. You could play with my band too every once in a while.”

“I don’t play anymore.” He insisted, walking into the bathroom and starting to take off his eyeliner. I stood beside him. “You staying here tonight or heading home?”

I didn’t even have to contemplate an answer. I already knew what I wanted to do, my response was automatic. “I’ll stay here.” I placed my hand on Riel’s stomach, running it up to his chest, gripping his shirt while I kissed his neck softly.

He stepped back, looking away. Actually, he looked every direction except the direction I was in. “And you’re following my rule, keeping everything innocent.” His gaze landed on the floor, and he paused a moment. “So yeah…”

I rolled my eyes and followed him when he headed out of the room. “Yeah, okay.” Sarcasm, of course. I wasn’t about to agree to keep everything innocent. “What should we do then?”

“I don’t know. What do you want to do?” He questioned as he went to go through his closet. “Just no alcohol.”

“Why not? Worried you’ll drink too much and accidentally sleep with me?” I questioned teasingly, laughing a bit. “I suppose you’ve got work tomorrow, anyway. Don’t need a hangover.” I scanned his nice room, mentally comparing it to my boring, shitty room. His looked like a king’s room or something next to mine. I sat down on the bed.

“That’s probably exactly what would happen.” He pulled off his shirt, and I looked away when I realized I was staring. Oops. Oh well, it’s not like it mattered whether or not I stared at him. It’s his own fault for being so damn attractive.

“So just don’t drink that much.” I shrugged. “Easy solution.”

“Nah, I don’t always need to drink.” He laughed a bit as he sat down beside me. I looked over at him.

“Well fine. You have Mountain Dew or something then?” I questioned, though I wanted to mess with the alcohol. Mixing drinks was fun.

“Yeah, in the fridge.”

“Okay.” I stood. “So what are we gonna do? We could watch a movie.” I suggested as I headed out of the room with him following. I didn’t really wanna watch a movie all that much, but hey, if I got to chill with my Riel I was cool with whatever.

“Depends, will I get to watch the movie? Or will I get distracted through half of it?” Riel laughed.

“We’ll see, I guess.” I smirked at him, then walked over to the fridge, pulling out a Mountain Dew. I stared at it a moment, deciding I didn’t want just Mountain Dew. I grabbed a bottle of tequila and a glass, mixing the two drinks together. That was better. “You should pick a movie.”

“Alright…” He went to look through the movies. “I feel like being lazy.” He walked into his room, and I followed, sitting on the bed while watching him put the movie in his Blu-Ray player. Rich people… I just had a shitty DVD player.

He laid down on the bed beside me as I sipped my drink. “What did you pick?” I questioned, turning to Riel.

“The Exorcist.” He replied smilingly. “I love this movie.”

“Yeah, it’s pretty cool.” I set my glass on the nightstand, then slid down into a laying position close to Riel, turned slightly toward him, my arm draped over his waist.

“I still can’t believe you wasted the session last week.” He said after a moment’s silence, laughing. “Last time you’ll do that.”

Yeah, right. I didn’t need therapy, it wasn’t doing anything… Why not waste it? And if he really couldn’t believe I did that, he didn’t know me so well.

“I think it was pretty productive. I got annoyed by a stupid song played by a stupid brat, punched the stupid brat in the face, and planned our first date. Can’t get any more productive than that.”

“My sessions with you aren’t for all that.” He said with a roll of his eyes. I guess he didn’t think it was very funny.

“I don’t need therapy.” I noted for the hundredth time, staring at Riel.

“Yes you do. You can’t be with me if you’re not gonna go through therapy.” He said, but I was pretty sure he was just messing around. Like he’d break up with me if I quit therapy… “That includes going for the reason you were there.”

“You wouldn’t break up with me even if I did quit therapy.” I chuckled, confident I was right. “I won’t though. But I can’t promise I won’t ‘waste’ sessions.”

“And why not?” He narrowed his eyes. “You aren’t allowed.”

“I don’t think you can fix my anger. I’ll always be how I am now. So what’s the point of therapy?”

“You’re a pain in the ass.” He pushed me away.

“Whatever.” I smirked, knowing very well I was a pain in the ass. I sat up to finish my drink.

“You aren’t spending the night anymore until you learn to follow the rules in my office.”

“That’s stupid…” I set the glass down again and stared at Riel. He wasn’t being very fair.

“Makes perfect sense.”

No it doesn’t.

“If you say so… I don’t understand why therapy is so important. It won’t fix my mom.”

“It’s not just your mom. You got pissed over a song last week!”

He wasn’t gonna let that go, was he?

“It was annoying.”

“You shouldn’t have punched him.”

I had to. Okay, I didn’t have to. But I couldn’t help it, I never can when I get really angry. I lose control of myself.

“He provoked me.”

“You need control.” He let out a sigh before shifting his attention to the movie. I had forgotten it was even playing.

“And how do you expect to teach me that?”

“Maybe meds or something.”

Seriously? Meds? Fuck no. I wouldn’t take them.

“No. You’re not putting me on meds.”

“Whatever. Just watch the movie.” He picked up a pillow, throwing it at me. I caught it and threw it on the floor.

“Maybe I don’t want to.” I laid down again, staring at Riel.

“Well then what do you want to do?”

Hmmm… Something that wasn’t watching a movie, maybe something involving a bed. Not sleeping, either.

Just an idea.

“I don’t know. I just feel too restless to be watching a movie.”

“Well, pick something to do then.” He rolled his eyes, once again. He sure did that a lot. “Never get to watch the damn movie…”

“Sorry.” I chuckled, pressing my lips to his. He pushed my face away a bit.

“Yeah, sure you are.”

I wasn’t.

“Well, I did originally plan to chill and watch the movie with you, but I don’t wanna sit still. I wanna play drums but mine are at Noah’s house.”

“I’m not going there. It’s late.” He pecked my lips. I wanted more than that… “You don’t need to play drums this late.”

“Fine.” I sighed heavily. “And I can’t mix drinks because you don’t want alcohol and I already had some…” I thought a moment, unable to think of anything else I wanted to do. I returned my lips to Riel’s. He deepened the kiss immediately, then pulled away with a grin. Why was he torturing me?

“So what? No movie?” He laughed a bit.

“If you really wanna watch the movie so badly, I can just go explore your house, jeez.” I smirked, hoping he’d stop me as I stood.

“You’ve seen my whole house.” He laughed, stopping me by grabbing my shirt, pulling me down so he could kiss me. “Why not just bedtime?”

The way he worded and said that was so fucking adorable.

“If I’m too restless to watch a movie, why would I be able to go to sleep?” I laughed at his horrible logic.

“Because… I…” He let go of me, biting his lip. He had such an issue with finishing sentences sometimes. Why was that?

“Because you what?” I chuckled, still finding him so adorable right now. I hovered over him with my hands on the bed on either side of him. “Spit it out, Riel, jeez.”

He just stared at me with a blank expression for a moment, making me really start to wonder what he wanted to say. I hated how curiosity always ate me alive. He started looking around at random objects in the room. I loved it when he got all flustered like that. “I don’t want you to leave.” He whispered, and I noticed he was very nearly blushing. Holy shit, could he get any cuter? He was so bad at saying his feelings but it just made him so irresistibly adorable.

“Yeah?” I laughed, then kissed him briefly, grinning when I pulled back. “Are you gonna find another way to entertain me then?”

He just gaped at me. I was pretty sure he knew what I meant, and he just didn’t know how to respond. “I…” He began, his gaze shifting rapidly, finally resting on me. “P-perhaps…” He stuttered a bit.

I tried to contain my laughter, but I couldn’t, and it erupted after I just stared at him a moment. I buried my face in the sheet beside Riel’s head as I laughed to the point of tears. How could I not laugh when he was getting so flustered and nervous? I really couldn’t help it.

When I stopped, I rested my forehead against Riel’s. “You’re so fucking cute like this!” I laughed again before kissing him. I couldn’t stay away any longer.

He parted my lips and his fingers ran down my side, stopping at my waist while I tangled my fingers in his hair. He pulled me as close as I could possibly be to him, then he broke the kiss to catch his breath and I moved my lips to his neck. I kissed a couple spots on his neck, moving my lips around to find the area where I got the biggest reaction, sinking my teeth into his skin there. His hands had found their way up the back of my shirt and I could feel him digging his nails into my skin, driving me to crush our bodies together as I started sucking on different spots on both sides of his neck. I wanted to leave marks so I could claim him as mine.

He rested a hand on the side of my face, the other one running through my hair. He pulled my face away from his neck, holding our faces so close I could taste his breath. His eyes were barely open, and he spoke very quietly. “Don’t be marking me.” Immediately after, he gripped my shirt with one hand, the sheet with the other, and reunited our lips.

“Too late.” I smirked devilishly after I broke the kiss, quickly returning my lips to his before he could respond. I slipped my tongue into his mouth, resting a hand on his chest while my tongue memorized the inside of his mouth, then pulled back.

“I get to sleep tonight?” Riel asked after planting kisses along my jaw line, pulling up my shirt. His hands rested on my hips while he kissed my neck.

“Do you want to?” I laughed lightly, sure he didn’t. I ran my fingers through his hair, then pulled on it a bit while my other hand was busy feeling his chest.

“Even if I did, I don’t think you’d listen.” He grinned, pushing me over onto my back and sitting on me, taking control. I wasn’t sure I liked that, though I definitely did like the way he planted kisses from my neck to my stomach. “Right?”

“You know me so well.” I smirked. I then decided I wanted control back, so I sat up, pulling my legs out from under Riel. I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him as close as possible, my leg between both of his. I kissed his lips, then his jaw, neck, and chest. I fell back onto the bed, pulling him with me, then flipping over on top of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay update :D Hope you guys liked it :3
Comment and subscribe!
Thanks for all your comments so far:

YoruChan
hugs.from.holly
BisexualAngel
Angelfire [Yessss, cookies :D]
CammyDGAF [He is, isn't he? :3]
oceanwalks
Glamour!Kills
Hezzarther

You guys keep us updating :D

xoxo,
Hayley
<3